Resecures - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Even Ray Charles could see it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-01-05, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Snowfake
Private

Resecures

I havnt heard much about how exactly each sector on the map is going to be captured. Are they all going to need to be hacked or are some captured by proximity?

Personally I have always loved to resecure bases, dashing from base to base always fighting against time. It was one of the few parts of the game that always felt rewarding.

So are they still going to be a big part of the game?
Will it be possible for a sneaky cloaker to get a resecure?
Will one man save the day by getting the spawns back up?
Will there be last second gal drops to the CC?
Old 2012-01-05, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: Resecures

No info as of yet on this...
Old 2012-01-05, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Snowfake View Post
http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...&postcount=144

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Snowfake View Post
I havnt heard much about how exactly each sector on the map is going to be captured. Are they all going to need to be hacked or are some captured by proximity?

Personally I have always loved to resecure bases, dashing from base to base always fighting against time. It was one of the few parts of the game that always felt rewarding.

So are they still going to be a big part of the game?
Will one man save the day by getting the spawns back up?
In PS1 the way a base was captured was in a sequence, although this sequence was small and often changed through experience in the game like Gen blowing, I think PS2 will have a very big sequence to capturing a base. And I also think you will be able to change that sequence depending on what team/resources you have. As far as hacking goes, I really cant say atm, im more than sure hacking is now out of the game but dont quote me on that.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shogun
Contributor
General

i would like to be able to turn every base system one by one. like hacking the wallturrets first then the terminals or the spawntubes. not like the temporary ps1 hacking. so the base is yours, when all systems are hacked.
Old 2012-01-05, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
i would like to be able to turn every base system one by one. like hacking the wallturrets first then the terminals or the spawntubes. not like the temporary ps1 hacking. so the base is yours, when all systems are hacked.
In this same vein, how cool would it be to have everything based off of a percentage system. i.e. even the territories that you capture are based on percentage influence (think Rise of Nations).
Old 2012-01-05, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
In PS1 the way a base was captured was in a sequence, although this sequence was small and often changed through experience in the game like Gen blowing, I think PS2 will have a very big sequence to capturing a base. And I also think you will be able to change that sequence depending on what team/resources you have. As far as hacking goes, I really cant say atm, im more than sure hacking is now out of the game but dont quote me on that.
Pretty sure that hacking bases is in the game .... the change is the length of the hack timer decreases depending on how many adjacent hexes (that word doesn't sound right) are held by the attacker.

So, it sounds like that in ps1 you were always looking at the map looking for base hacks, now in ps2 you're looking for captures of adjacent hexes (nope, it doesn't get better with repetition) by the enemy that may precede a base hack. If you don't respond to those captures on the minor facilities (better, but still not right) you risk a hack on your main base with a short hack timer.

I'm not sure how the dynamic will work out in reality. Resecuring back-hacks in PS1 could be fun, but then they often came at inconvenient times and you were/are tempted to say to let someone else deal with it; and that was in a world where the number of hackable bases was limited, while in ps2 it seems all bases are hackable and constantly resecuring small scale hacks could grow old very quickly.
Old 2012-01-05, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Pretty sure that hacking bases is in the game .... the change is the length of the hack timer decreases depending on how many adjacent hexes (that word doesn't sound right) are held by the attacker.

So, it sounds like that in ps1 you were always looking at the map looking for base hacks, now in ps2 you're looking for captures of adjacent hexes (nope, it doesn't get better with repetition) by the enemy that may precede a base hack. If you don't respond to those captures on the minor facilities (better, but still not right) you risk a hack on your main base with a short hack timer.

I'm not sure how the dynamic will work out in reality. Resecuring back-hacks in PS1 could be fun, but then they often came at inconvenient times and you were/are tempted to say to let someone else deal with it; and that was in a world where the number of hackable bases was limited, while in ps2 it seems all bases are hackable and constantly resecuring small scale hacks could grow old very quickly.
Hacking is still in cool! I might of been thinking of jacking

And the base sequence I'm on about is the actual base not the smaller hackable hexes around it. I imagine, and I'm almost sure that a base will require more than 1 objective to capture it.
Old 2012-01-05, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
while in ps2 it seems all bases are hackable and constantly resecuring small scale hacks could grow old very quickly.
Don't forget that timers still vary. I mean 50 minutes to resec a ghosthack is more than enough. Plus the mission thingy.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-01-05, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Last I heard it will depend on the type of hex you are capturing. Rural hexes might be able to be captured while still in a tank, while hexes closer to facilities might require you to go into a bunker or something on foot. The timer would be affected by where the hex is and the surrounding areas.
Old 2012-01-05, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
Last I heard it will depend on the type of hex you are capturing. Rural hexes might be able to be captured while still in a tank, while hexes closer to facilities might require you to go into a bunker or something on foot. The timer would be affected by where the hex is and the surrounding areas.
I said the something along the same lines as this a couple of day's ago and it didn't go well
Old 2012-01-05, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
I said the something along the same lines as this a couple of day's ago and it didn't go well
i think you said while driving through them, my understanding was there would be something of significance that you have to remain in proximity of for a certain time, though you could remaining in you vehicle.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-05, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
This was done in Welkin and EXTREMELY annoying as it was timeconsuming, so hell no to that.
Old 2012-01-05, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
i think you said while driving through them, my understanding was there would be something of significance that you have to remain in proximity of for a certain time, though you could remaining in you vehicle.
Sounds like Battlefield flags?
Old 2012-01-05, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
if you have 10 damn tanks going down the road and no one is fighting for the ground it should flip,if ppl have to squat on every damn square going down roads in this game,the feature won't last through beta
can you imagine if it took 4 minutes a hex and it was 6 hexs to the next base,you have to figure the defenders are going to fight for those last few hexs but if it takes 15/20 minutes to get that far down the road ppl will get sick of it,they don't want to hold a hack for 15 minutes, they sure won't be sitting out in the middle of nowhere waiting to flip a hex and I cannot imagine they have enough time in the budget to model and place something in every hex if the hexs aren't huge.

its hard to figure any of this crap out with the very limited data we get to see at this stage of development
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion