k/d and class - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where breaking through the back door is not a robbery.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-10-04, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
XenoKiller
Private

k/d and class

My k/d sucks so badly and I'm a br35 XD my k/d is lik .23 or something lik that anyways how to improve and also I'm having a class problem what class to us I jump constantly I can't focus on one I usually use light assault and medic the most
Old 2013-10-04, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DredVS
Private

Re: k/d and class

If you use light assault, you should be using a shotgun, fast firing carbine, or an SMG. You should be using your height advantage to jump people and kill them before they can even see you.

You shouldn't be jumping when firing your gun. This raises the cone of fire dramatically, causing you to miss every shot, especially against someone who can sidestep juke you.

As for medic, do not tunnel vision on dead bodies to revive them. This goes for all classes, but have some situational awareness.

For a beginner like yourself, you should be using the heavy assault class anyways. The heavy assault shield helps you survive easier and the rocket launcher helps you deal with vehicles.
Old 2013-10-05, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
XenoKiller
Private

Not a beginner I'm br 35 anyways I do all that stuff u said with LA already and i figured out wut class I'm gonna use- infiltrator got the ghost and got 4kill streak within seconds
Old 2013-10-06, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
RageTell
Private

If you want better stats (Which BTW really dont matter in this game, but I understand if you care about them cause I do too lol), I would recommend testing each class and playing with different weapons/loadouts in VR. Then take one of your new found loadouts to a fight and see how it works. Once you have done that for a little while you should find something that works for you and is capable of racking in the kills. Once you have found your desired loadout you should, IMO, make a new character and cert into that loadout (max out the suit slots, unlock the desired attachments, etc.). At BR35 it can be difficult to make up for a low KDR. However, if you start with a new character it will be much easier. For example (and maybe my math is incorrect...its late where Im at) if your KD is 0.5 and you have 500 deaths (250 kills), you would have to actually have to maintain a daily KDR of 3.5 to raise your overall KDR to 2.0 by the time you got to 1000 deaths (2000 kills).

Now compare that to starting fresh. The numbers are against you when you get to be a higher BR. A KDR of 2.0 is much easier to maintain then a KDR of 3.5. Now that is just simple math with small numbers (im sure you have more kills/deaths then my example), however I hope I made my point clearly.
Old 2013-10-06, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
XenoKiller
Private

The very much I always forget about VR training I wish they could at least make the targets move to that would a lot of ppl I think
Old 2013-10-08, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

That's a good point you make there, RageTell and I have considered starting afresh myself, but it takes so long to build up them certs that I have decided to carry on as I am (BR13 KDR 0.24).

Still a good point though
Old 2013-10-10, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bulltahr
Corporal

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
That's a good point you make there, RageTell and I have considered starting afresh myself, but it takes so long to build up them certs that I have decided to carry on as I am (BR13 KDR 0.24).
BR1 to BR 13 should take less than a week, if your KDR was really shit at the start and now your real time KDR is much better, then no problem to start again. My KDR was very bad at the start, now my real time KDR is around 3-4 but I have only just got over 1 as my offical KDR (BR 61). The longer you play the more kills it takes to move your KDR up as it is % or ratio based.
Old 2013-11-04, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Blackburn
Private

Usually people who have proper grammar are more intellectual and have the ability to strategically get the jump on people and have a positive K/D ration.

I'm not even trolling, if you look at every signature of a person who has a positive K/D ration, you will notice they use almost perfect grammar and punctuation.

Find a signature of someone who has a negative K/D ratio and more than likely half the post will be misspelled and they wont care if they are grammatically correct.
Old 2013-11-04, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
OCNSethy
Major

Well, that's an interesting observation... I hadn't thought of that analogy before.

I'm guessing online spell check doesn't count?
Old 2013-11-04, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Wahooo
Captain

K/D is a weird little monster.
Immediately people love to throw back "K/D doesn't matter in this game." Which is both very true and also the biggest fallacy. Depending on your role, K/D either has no meaning at all, OR has everything to do with how well you are doing your job.

If you have the K/D you do, and are not a squad leader placing beacons, getting a birds eye view for others, recon running from point to point but just not killing much, but staying very active. There is a good chance you are doing it wrong. The LA and Heavy, MAX and to a large extent Infil are all about killing. In a way, especially the LA.

Medics? Staying alive is important. So for a Medic K/D isn't really the right metric, but you do want to minimize your death toll. Engineer? It depends on what you are doing. Harasser Driver or Sundy Driver or dedicated MAX guy? You may have no K/D at all but your impact can be huge on the battle. But Engie can switch gears and lay mines and set up a turret, but even those things can be a deterrent as much as anything so the job you are doing is not reflected on the K/D.

In general, I wouldn't worry too much, but that is much easier said than done. I got on for the first time in over a month last night and it took me a bit to realize I simply do not belong in certain fights (well a lot of them actually). My PC is below spec and in any type of decent sized fight i'm at 15 fps. That means I die without getting kills. I tried really hard for a long time to play that way. My K/D has been climbing back up slowly... but getting slower as I log on and play less.
The thing is if you find something you ARE good at, try to do it without dying. Once you are able to go for a while without dying, make sure you are being as useful as possible for as much time as possible. The next thing you will notice, even when playing Medic/Engie good chance your K/D will start to improve.

I'd say maybe back away from Heavy and LA. Look a bit more at Maxes, and if playing infil REALLY be picky about your targets and see if you can't make the people you kill say 'WTF was that?'
Old 2013-11-04, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
GrindXP
Private

Originally Posted by Blackburn View Post
if you look at every signature of a person who has a positive K/D ration, you will notice they use almost perfect grammar and punctuation.
grammer is for nooobs
Old 2014-12-27, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
draegor
Private

My K/D is 1.91, which is %95 infiltrator. I have only the one character, so this is my account stats. Mainly sniper kills.
Old 2015-01-01, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

LOL k/d ratio, my k/d would be great if all the other people around me would stop stealing my kills lol. I played with my outfit the other night points were flying in for everything form ammo resupplys to mine kill assists to regular kill assists. I was seeing exteme kill this and vehical damge that excetera got done for the evening was feeling pretty good netted 290 certs in about 3 hours went to my kill boards and no kills really just deaths on the board because every kill I had was an assist so if your running with a group or even a zerg this can happen. Which is why I lol at K/D ratios just because you helped it wont help your k/d if some one else finishes the kill.

Yeah you want K/D infiltrator is the best class for that as the kills rarely get stolen from you unless you miss follow up shots alot.

Also lol to replying to a really old thread.

Last edited by Ghost Runner; 2015-01-01 at 10:07 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions