ATV: Most Underrated Cert? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sanctuary for stalkers
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-08, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrCovertMan
Sergeant

ATV: Most Underrated Cert?

Most people think the atvs are only for transportation. and granted it does get u from point A to point B pretty quickly ( and it's good for some killer jumps along the way).
but after using the basilik for a time i have come to the conclusion that it kicks ass!

Stealthiness: Not just for infiltrators! the 12mm rotary chaingun can tear a person a new one pretty quickly. dual 12mm do it twice as fast! the basilik has paper for armor. thats more then ur standard infil. yet we see more infils out in the field taking people out with amps. Y? because they pick out the stragglers, the people who are foolish enough to be by themselves. they also use their surge speed to quickly pick off from a group and retreat only to do it again.
wait soo...they have speed, and a gun. wait wait...the basilik has superior speed and 2 guns! If ur in a basilik pick off the stragglers! come up behind them and open fire! don't just runnem over! u get hurt that way. dual 12mm kill people very fast so usually u get away unscathed unless said person surges behind cover or has personal shield or what have you. You can also use the basilik to make quick strikes at groups. This is VERY dangerous for obvious reasons so i wouldn't recommend doing this often but it can be pulled off. these tactics are best pulled off in forested or hilly areas.

Range: I have 2 sniper rifles! the 12mm gun is VERy accurate. If ur battling it out on an open field don't drive up to some1s face to shoot them. thats how u get a decimator shoved up ur ass. the danger of open field fighting are many but if u can pick people off quickly and then move before a av user comes looking for u, u can really take a toll on enemy numbers.

AA: The grounded mosquito. Heres a story about something i did recently.
I was NC on Markov we were defending Searhus, Oro from both TR and VS. A vanu galaxy flies over for a hotdrop. it's being POUNDED by many sparrows. it cancels it's hotdrop because they'd might as well drop into a spiked pit. the galaxy begins to fly off. I had just gotten a basilik and give chase. The galaxy is a slow cumbersome vehicle so i could easily keep up and was constantly chewing at it with my 12mm. i chase it up to the top of Searhus's crater and it thinks it will evade me by diving. all the while the rear gunner is shooting at me only nicking my shielding because of my evasive driving. I jump from the crater and land, taking out my shields and half of my hp but i still give chase. The galaxy is smoking. it's flying to a VS tower I forgo my evasive driving and star driving straight all the while tearing into it with my guns. Most of the crew bails. It explodes, and i'm creditted with 2 kills Me (Basilik) Pilot. Me (basilik) rear gunner. I then drive back to a friendly base to repair.
The basilik has great speed and agility. use it! It has 2 mosquito guns. Use them! U can scare off alot of planes that come in for diving attacks or that are just hovering. if u get a plane on ur tail go evasive! U can dodge rockets and guns with ur speed and if u make it into a forest they might as well give up! the point is to scare off the planes not bring them down! I just brought down the galaxy cause I felt like it

This is my general thoughts on the ATV cert. the wraith is fine machine for transport and um...thats about it. The switchblade is pretty much a mobile turret with half the armor and nowhere near the speed and agility of a basilik on an open field. oly real perk is the water hovering.

OK nomore typing my hands are tired
"Speak not of power until you have beheld it's truest form"
Old 2004-02-08, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

I used to have the ATV cert, and I had a lot of fun with it. Occassionally I'll come across a tank or other vehicle travelling on its lonesome. Using the Basilisk's speed and agility I would sneak in at full speed behind the vehicle and start firing away. I would literally stick to the vehicle as much as possible, and since most guns on vehicles cannot shoot targets very close to it (due to the weapons' arc), I could slowly chew away. It was easier when the target was already damaged, but either way it was pretty fun.
Old 2004-02-08, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ghost018

I used to use ATV a lot until I found out Ground Transport was only two cert points also. ATV isn't that bad of a cert, but I had Air Cal already and needed something that could bring some of my buddies around too.

ghost

Old 2004-02-08, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Acaila
First Lieutenant

If the Basilisk had a 180 degree forwards firing arc, it would be great.
Old 2004-02-08, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JakeLogan
Major

I have ATV on one of my other chars. (not under this name) One time I took out like 7 people around a base.(not alot of heavy action but enough) five minutes after my basi blew up I got a tell from a guy saying "damn dude I'm amazed you lasted that long with that many kills". I felt good about that one.
Old 2004-02-08, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

I used to carry the ATV cert until i dropped it for air cav but i lover the wraith because it really pisses people off when you run them over, but the mossie owns it overall, sorry, but its a fact
Old 2004-02-08, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

i luv atv, i like to mow ppl with my wraith if i have an amp station cause u can mow 2 or 3 ppl b4 healign
Old 2004-02-08, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally Posted by ghost018
I used to use ATV a lot until I found out Ground Transport was only two cert points also. ATV isn't that bad of a cert, but I had Air Cal already and needed something that could bring some of my buddies around too.

ghost
Same here. I used to have ATV and used a wraith as a mobile equipment point (I would park it behind a hill or something on the outskirts of the battle and go back for more rocklets. After this next patch, that won't be and issue) The only time I ever used the Basi is for cruising around the courtyard killing enemies, never in open feild combat.

After I got a good outfit I found that the Deliverer was MUCH better. With a couple of gunners I was a gunboat to be reakoned with. If Charlie had the sky, or lots of infantry, I would get a deliv, if charlie had lotsa tanks or other vehichles, I would load up the Sunderer. Either way, ATV is a good solo cert for 2 point, but lightning would be better if you can spare the extra cert point. For a group, the deliv/sund rule.
Old 2004-02-08, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lithpope
Corporal

Basi is bait to my Striker, dual 12mm or not. I LOVE Basi drivers

That said, I had a pretty good duel with a Skeeter one day while driving a Basi, ya, I lost but it took him 5 mins or more to kill me and he ate a bit a damage himself.
Old 2004-02-08, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

I like it when two ppl get in my way when im in a mossy. Head straight for one shooting, hell die. Then run the other one over.
Old 2004-02-09, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Seer
Major

If you think the purpose of the 'dual chainguns' is to fire twice as fast, you haven't been paying much attention. Despite their three barrels these weapons have a ridiculously low rate of fire, and they alternate. The purpose of the dual chainguns is to mess up your aim.

I do like to kill people with my atv. They never see it coming, really!
Old 2004-02-09, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Hehe, I used to have Basilisk cert (yea, way back when); had a lot of fun, cept the flying over cliffs of Ishundar (which was nice except...) then landing and losing half the vehicle's HP Now I've gone mosquito, and gonna get Air Cav shortly. Had a nice persuit, me and two other guys in mossies chasing and AMS, in a rather heated battle. We took the beyatch down \o/
Old 2004-02-09, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think I ever killed anyone when I had my ATV cert. I was too scared i'd get wasted after my far ride from another base.

Old 2004-02-09, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ardent_Psyclone
Private

I think I may pick up ATV as my next cert...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion