Sick of surgers - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Plug and Play
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-09, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Vick
Second Lieutenant

warping formula:

z axis movement * speed

Last edited by Vick; 2004-02-09 at 03:40 PM.
Old 2004-02-09, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

I don't see the problem with surgiles. I have never, ever, had a problem with surging. The only time a surger has had the advantage on me or my squad, is if he surges right into a clot of us in a tower fight / indoors. And since our orbs are so slow, it's insta-grief. But that doesn't bother me, as I have patience in these situations and wait until I know I will hit him. Maybe if I had an MCG or JH, I might see differently about surgers, but with a lasher, you're guaranteed to miss alot of the shots anyways and at least get lash damage.

I use surge, yes, because I always prefer speed over anything. It is a great way to escape if need be, get out of the way of vehicles if need be, or to surge around a corner, whip out a deci., and have some barbecued MAX. Also, I'm a CE whore, even with a Rexo on...I use boomers as much as possible, they're just too fun.
Old 2004-02-09, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

There isn't a specific problem with it.. it just need to be fixed in the warping department. As for jumping in a tower, it is like a bouncy ball in the halls and I hope that gets fixed. Jumping in PS seems alot like jumping in DAoC if they haven't fixed that problem yet.

Old 2004-02-09, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
MidnightDave
Contributor
Master Sergeant

yesterday I felt sorry for a group of surgile jh's I was up defending a tower with some of my outfit guys and lets put it this way, 4 maxes guardgin the stairs up, 6 MCG's guarding with the maxes and for someone getting up and over em, well it was a slaughter, lol they didnt stand a chance, only a handful ever got past the pounders/bursters and only one managed to surge past the wall of lead coming at him from the MCG's. He went past us to the CC and got pwned by one of my squad who had a jackhammer the ultimate payback heh. If u get a group of organized guys, surgiles are no problem, and if u have good reflexes, a spray and pray weapon and surge of your own, they are just faster moving dead men lol.
Old 2004-02-10, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Madcat170
Sergeant

If they cant fix the warping, a tempory fix until they do would be to make jumping with Surge on cost 50 points of stamina, they can do the little jump up and bounce around in the ceiling bit, then they land and cant do it again. Means the surgiles wont be able to kill tons of people, simply because they have HA and Surge.

I know the devs Read these boards, i think its a good idea. Opinions?
Old 2004-02-10, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Yes. I don't like it when people hop around like Killer Death Bunnies. It just doesn't seem right.....

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion