Side effect of Rexo buff - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The domain of the evil Emperor Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-08, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SandTrout
The JH is affected more by the buff than the rest of the HA as we because each pellet does less damage than each MCG bullet or lasher orb.
It still kills in the same number of shots.
Old 2004-02-08, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

but only at point bank, but it has even worse damage than before at a little distance, i was testing it out in the VR, it's a good thing

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-08, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rbstr
but only at point bank, but it has even worse damage than before at a little distance, i was testing it out in the VR, it's a good thing
It doesn't have worse range. It did not get nerfed. It kills rexos in more shots from a distance. Ok, so does lasher and MCG and pretty much other weapon.
Old 2004-02-08, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Angel_of_Death
It still kills in the same number of shots.
No it does not! Earlier today while one shot killing a Liberator with my Lancer I was side strafing and mowed a Vanguard killing its crew. Then 20 surgile jackhammers rushed me and their pathetic weapons pinked off my mega rexo, so I whiped out my Beamer and took them all down.

Just for fun I decided to taunt a sniper who was foolish enough to actually shoot at me... round after round plinked off my new rexo. Rather then run or use surge to get closer to him faster I just casually walked. As I was walking he just kept shooting firing until he was out of ammo. So I readied my knife while spamming the new laugh voice macro "Muahahahahahaha", "Muahahahahahaha", "Muahahahahahaha", etc. (this is new macro is only usable by invulnerable rexo wearers... so you non-rexo n00bs don't even think about using it!). I then got my knife kill and spent 5 minutes spaming that guy with rants about my skillz, etc.

If you don't have a rexo you are dead. Finally, everything is as it should be.
Old 2004-02-08, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Seer
Major

BadAsh, have you got a point or are you going to continue copulating with your straw man?
Old 2004-02-08, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Rocklet kinda sucks now, it takes 6 direct hits to rexo for a kill, if you miss even a little your screwed. You cannot even use the burst mode to kill rexo now, sence it is only 5 shots.
Old 2004-02-08, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The Agile Jack is still the king. Nothing has changed.
No. And furthermore if you managed to hit them with a Jammer or Plasma then switch to your other rifle slot for HA, its not even a contest.
Old 2004-02-08, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Acaila
First Lieutenant

The new rexo definately is harder to kill with Reaver rockets or 12mm. Only slightly noticable inside with HA and seems to be a bit harder with MA. Plasma takes alot longer to kill now, unless you can get direct nade hits.
Old 2004-02-08, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
No. And furthermore if you managed to hit them with a Jammer or Plasma then switch to your other rifle slot for HA, its not even a contest.
Actually the Jack can still kill a rexo with the tri-burst. So, it's still instagib. And that nade theory is nice, but in most situations it's just not practical. While you are fumbling with weapons you are getting jacked to death. If you are in a group, however, that's a different story... feed a few memebers to the jack and wear him down.

It's not hard at all to PB range a rexo, especially while surging in agile you can jump clear over his head and tri-blast a hole in his back or down on his head from above.

At meduim range when there is significant pellet spread is where you will see the difference. Not in a tower fight.
Old 2004-02-08, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I've noticed a few things with rexo. As my rexo TR/MCG, I'm killing more agile JH's (they used to own me before patch). As my infiltrator NC, my kill count on rexos has dropped big time (more TTK = dead cloaker ). Last thing, for some reason, surgile warping is back. Seen it several times in the last few days. Wonder if this patch broke their fix?

I do believe it's getting really close to being balanced though. Can't wait for the next patch. WTG Devs!

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Fenrys
Major

I've noticecd a lot more slow people to stab in the back since everyone decided to get rexo.

As far as I can tell, its still a 2-hit kill with Melee Boost.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Yes. It's still 2 hits.

On a different point, too many people have the Rexo now, and they don't know how to use it.
Old 2004-02-09, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
The next patch is going to be an ammo balance one, and Vanu are getting a increase in clip size and in ammo box quantity.

Its a good thing to be a Vanu these days.
Umm when isn't it a good day to be a vanu?
Old 2004-02-09, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

BadAsh, the scenario you just described only occurs in one place: In a Tower with an NC Surgile exploiting the Lag warp. First of all, the only way you can jump over someones head and confuse them is if you used the Lag warp off the first stair trick everyone knows about, secondly you have to have absolutly perfect aim if you want to tri-shot anyone and lastly if your beyond 5m, Rexos own you.

Your just going ot have to accept the fact that Rexos are a lot harder to kill now and the days of Surgiles are numbered. In my playtime over the weekend I noticed how easily folks that like to Surgile/mossy/hotdrop over towers were delt with. They got owned. Its a strategy that doesnt work anymore unless your exploiting. I dont think I saw anyone solo cap a tower like that all weekend in fact.

Oh, and ditto on the Infil nerf. Its extremely difficult to kill a Rexo now with anything other than a Melee booster knife or a Magscatter. Why bother taking the risk to knife kill a Rexo when you can kill them with 3-4 shots from a Spiker at 100m? You can one shot cloakers and it hits MAXs like a jackhammer with AP. The Spiker is freakishly overpowered once you learn how to use it. I actually hope it doesnt catch on because it will get nerfed if all Infils start using it. It is however the answer to the indirect nerf that infils got to our killing power of Rexos. It is really unfortunate that the Rexo buff forced me to where I cannot use my Repeater anymore but to be quite honest, I should have abandoned it for the Spiker ages ago. Yes, its that good
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion