Sick of surgers - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We're PSU. Who the hell are you?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-09, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Collin
Private

Sick of surgers

I am playing this game for 5 Months now, and it comes for everyone the day, when he needs to write a whinepost.

Yesterday i was fighting in tower near Gahnon and securing the CC. I was wearing the RExo and had a MCG. Well i god pwnd by a Standart Suit JAcksurger more then 6 times before i got him. HEck he was all over the place, in Walls, in the floor and on the Roof.

I am sick of it. There is a WELL known bug in this game (4th barrel) and the JAckhammer + surge + standart + GOOD CONNECTION combo is nearly unbeatable. I dont know why they just dont want to fix it. As it stands now i wait until end of the month, when this is not fixed i give up.

Ravenshield was a great game too, BUT at a certan level of skill it was not a matter of skill no more it was the connection speed who decided the win or loose on a 1 on 1.
Old 2004-02-09, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Jammer nades + Audio Implant > Surgiles.

Use audio to locate enemy. Once enemy is located prep a jammer. Throw jammer grenade at surgile. Surgile slows to a crawl. Paste him with MCG. Note Yellow and Blue guts all over the place. Smile and continue to defend tower.

This does work better with one other person with a thumper full of jammer nades.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-02-09, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Collin
Private

so u re saying u need 2 Persons to stop an surge exploid user. Well ther is something wrong, is it just me who sees it?
Old 2004-02-09, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Sentrosi, i believe the word you were looking for is Punisher.
Old 2004-02-09, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Ahhh yes. TY Incompetent. Punisher + Jammer = dead Surgile.

Not saying two people are needed, but it's often better than one person defending a tower.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-02-09, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Collin
Private

So u re saying to get rid of a Jacksurger+Standart u need

Punisher
+
Jammer
+
Audio
+
MCG
+
HUGE AMMOUNT OF LUCK

Still i see something wrong here
Old 2004-02-09, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

A guy with Punsher/jammers in a decent position can kill a surgile 1v1 with a little luck. Pairing a Punisher/jammer trooper with a MCG trooper can be very effective if they are coordinated. Audio amp is always useful because it cuts down on the surprise factor, which is one of the deadlies aspects indoors. Rexo and a medkit is helpful too.
Old 2004-02-09, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sputty
Banned

I iwsh there were add on certs that could change weapons and add things to them. One of the add on certs would be adding the Punisher's nade launcher to the Empire specific MA rifles for example
/wet dream
Old 2004-02-09, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by Collin
So u re saying to get rid of a Jacksurger+Standart u need

Punisher
+
Jammer
+
Audio
+
MCG
+
HUGE AMMOUNT OF LUCK

Still i see something wrong here
There is nothing wrong with teamwork and resourceful fighting.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-02-09, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Collin
Private

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Manitou
There is nothing wrong with teamwork and resourceful fighting.

True but then its REALLY the wrong game what u are talking about. The surge opion give some sides the option do make a ONE MAN ARMY.

Surging in

Kill half of the squat DIE
REspawn

Lets talk about numbers

TOP TEN KILLERS ON WERNER

TR: 215.885 Souls
VS: 217.703 Souls
NC: 299.848 Souls

First u see a "slight" unbalance here, its not that bad but when u look into the certs of the top 10 Killers u ll see that most of the VS top Killers have UNIMAX, most/well all of TR Top Killer have HA/REXO/SA and only half of NC TOP KILLERS have even Rexo but all HA.
Old 2004-02-09, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Collin
Private

Numbers again

DICEPIONT STATS:

Top 30 Players on Werner

60 % NC
16,6 % VS
23,4 % TR

I think VS is even more problems with the surgers.
Old 2004-02-09, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Madcat170
Sergeant

Probbally something to do with Lashers having a harder time tracking something thats warping about ( guy just warps around the Orbs).

Theres the Jammer + punisher = Dead surgile jackhammer guy method, but i dislike the punisher quite a bit. I prefere using personal sheild + medpacks + backpedaling and not panicing.

can generally kill Surgile and Surging Standard users. unless im already hurt or something similar, like treding on a mine.

If you miss with the jammer on the punisher, then your stuck with a low ROF, high Bloom, Low damage, inacurate chunky lump of poop to defend yourself with.

Hate the punisher.
Old 2004-02-09, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I didnt have any trouble killing Surgiles before the Rexo patch (as long as they werent exploiting) and now its even easier
Old 2004-02-09, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Come on guys, be smart. It's so easy to kill a surgile with a jackhammer. When in a tower, I wait outside the door with my Rexo/HA and wait for surge to come up and full stamina. I run up the stairs, with a big surprise to the MAXes and jackhammers, I kill at least 2 or 3 guys becuase they sit up there and are healing/repairing the MAXes or themselves. I run to the top of the tower, reload/repair/heal, then I come back down with my Striker and kill the MAXes. I rinse and repeat until the tower is taken. Fight the Jh with your own surging and Rexo. It is not that hard and you do not need to dedicate your life to a Punisher to kill one. Do not panic niether when your fighting them becuase thats when they have the most deadly combination.

Old 2004-02-09, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Or do it the VS way and grab a MAX

On another note, whit the rexo buff and liberal use of 3rd person view i don't have as much problem whit the surgiles anymore and it should just get easier and easier to kill them in the comming patches.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion