Are you allowed to spam underrbarrel at spawn shields? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Able to ride a tricycle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-01, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
PredatorFour
Major

Are you allowed to spam underrbarrel at spawn shields?

Or is it a glitch like when C4 was abused?

It yields the same effect, just wondered if they allow people to do this? If so i'm gettin a solstice sf!

Was playing nc and some VS must of got bout 50 kills in 2 mins doing this, so i guess it's something that has been going on since release
Old 2013-08-01, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: Are you allowed to spam underrbarrel at spawn shields?

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Or is it a glitch like when C4 was abused?

It yields the same effect, just wondered if they allow people to do this? If so i'm gettin a solstice sf!

Was playing nc and some VS must of got bout 50 kills in 2 mins doing this, so i guess it's something that has been going on since release
According to their patchnotes with GU13 or one of the hotfixes thereafter they should have fixed this. As far as I'm aware this would be considered an exploit. Use it at your own risk if it's still in game.
Old 2013-08-01, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

It's an exploit... i'd report anyone doing it as would most players i know.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-08-01, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

how is this an exploit? unless you are standing right next to the shield you wont get hurt, unless theres more to it that I am not aware of.
Old 2013-08-01, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
how is this an exploit? unless you are standing right next to the shield you wont get hurt, unless theres more to it that I am not aware of.
If something isn't supposed to happen and you can gain an advantage out of it, then it's an exploit.

Considering all other HE doesn't do it, this one should not either.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Kinda like when sticky grenades still stuck to the middle of shield doors but the detonation effect was on the inside. Cute, fun, but difficult to sell as intended, and subsequently fixed.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Kinda like when sticky grenades still stuck to the middle of shield doors but the detonation effect was on the inside. Cute, fun, but difficult to sell as intended, and subsequently fixed.
but thats not what he was talking about. hes talking about underbarrels. In that instance, it does not go in the spawn area unless you are dumb enough to be 6 inches right in front of the door.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

but thats not what he was talking about. hes talking about underbarrels. In that instance, it does not go in the spawn area unless you are dumb enough to be 6 inches right in front of the door.
How is the exact distance behind it even remotely relevant? You are behind the shield. The shield is supposed to stop the explosion, like it does for everything else.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
How is the exact distance behind it even remotely relevant? You are behind the shield. The shield is supposed to stop the explosion, like it does for everything else.
I agree 100%. but exploit? Every single territory cap ends up with tanks blasting away at spawn doors as well. Just curious why underbarrels were singled out on this, I thought there was more to it. IMO, if it gets to the point where the spawn is camped, its time to redeploy somewhere else. If you are sitting inside just to farm, you deserve it.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Timealude
Captain

people were doing it with HE rounds on tanks so the splash would go through the shield and kill people who were standing at the terms. As far as i know they did fix this as i havent seen anyone use the exploit since the hotfix.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Figment
Lieutenant General

I agree 100%. but exploit? Every single territory cap ends up with tanks blasting away at spawn doors as well. Just curious why underbarrels were singled out on this, I thought there was more to it. IMO, if it gets to the point where the spawn is camped, its time to redeploy somewhere else. If you are sitting inside just to farm, you deserve it.
The explosion that hits through the shield is apparently why.

Because it's making use of a bug, instead of an intended feature, it's an exploit.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Wahooo
Captain

Yeah GU13 said it was supposed to have fixed this. I've only been able to do it on the bio-lab teleporter rooms. It used to just explode into the room if you landed the grenade right on the window sill or door jam area. It was somewhat fixed but there was still a sweet spot you could hit and it would explode inside the room. You are not just killing those who are partially exposed at the shield but blasting a little inside as well. I haven't tried it since the last patch though.

Has this been seen to work on a spawn room as well? If you see it report it as a bug, I think they just need to expand the shield a bit.

Of course it is an exploit. Doing something and getting un-intended results is an exploit. Biolabs are ripe for abusing the under-barrel launcher already (i've done it tons). Though it is usually easy to sit a bit back from the shield and head shot those doing it.

Last edited by Wahooo; 2013-08-01 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I know what he is talking about. I'm providing another example of similar behavior that was patched out in the past. This has nothing to do with whether the spawn room occupants are smart, dumb, or indifferent. The shield is the shield.
Old 2013-08-01, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The explosion that hits through the shield is apparently why.

Because it's making use of a bug, instead of an intended feature, it's an exploit.
well I havent really seen it go through the shields lately so maybe its already fixed. If not I guess you have a lot of reporting to do.
Old 2013-08-01, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Stardouser
Colonel

This glitch highlights the need to somehow have a legitimate way to bring justice to those who would sit inside their biolab spawn room shields and fire out for kills while their cap points are held by the enemy.

How about when we have crossbows or whatever, it's explained that low velocity projectiles can be coated with a special coating that lets them pass through?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion