Why does it so dark underwater? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only good terran , is a dead one
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-07, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Why does it so dark underwater?

Can anyone answer this question, I know when you are at the bottom of the atlantic ocean it is dark and all that. But even in lakes when you are at the bottom it is not pitch black as you get light comming through the surface and through the water. I'd like to be able to see where I have to run properly underwater if I have to bail out of a mosquito/reaver or i use my jump jets on my MAX to escape into the middle of the lake I'd like to be able to see
Old 2004-03-07, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

There's that handy little minimap, up in the upper left corner.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-07, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

yes the mini map is there for a reason. And if your a complete idiot you can always use the "M" map. Not to say your an idiot or anything -cough- -cough-

Old 2004-03-07, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Cauldron Borne
Captain

water on the map doesn't have elevations, so once yer in the water it is hard to tell where to go, cuz that area yer runnin for might just be an underwater cliff.

Off topic somewhat: Yesterday i was gunnin' for a MAG and i must have hit a deliverer for almost a full clip, it didn't die... instead we died to MG fire... Bug? My driver said it might be because the deliv was partially underwater, and projectiles do no damage under water.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-03-07, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

who cares if its dark underwater. and use ur mini map.
Old 2004-03-07, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

I do use my mini map thank you it would just be nice to be able to see, i'm sure it would not be that hard to code
Old 2004-03-07, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Ok say they do code the underwater visuals now they have to draw up a underwater landscape that not everyone sees everyday.

Its just a waste of reasources . Reasoures that could be used to do other things like fighting for orbital platforms but thats for another discussion.
Old 2004-03-07, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Why would it be wasting resources? they would just be letting you see what you are walking on, which you can do by looking down anyway. And as PS already makes your gfx card render everything so far infront of you it is technically already rendering the bank infront of you. In fact its not even a case of coding underwater visuals maybe just changing the properties or the water or opaqity (i kno its not spelt right but i hope you know what i mean)
Old 2004-03-07, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lithpope
Corporal

Originally Posted by Cauldron Borne
Off topic somewhat: Yesterday i was gunnin' for a MAG and i must have hit a deliverer for almost a full clip, it didn't die... instead we died to MG fire... Bug? My driver said it might be because the deliv was partially underwater, and projectiles do no damage under water.

Does anyone but me find this not only ironic but, absolutely hilarious?

Something I found even more hilarious was the other day on Emerald the TR were actually on the OFFENSIVE and we were on Amerish and making progress until we hit a bridge. Stopped cold by about 6-8 Magriders cruising the waters, next thing you know there were 40+ Strikers on the banks of the water and no Mags.

Last edited by Lithpope; 2004-03-07 at 07:46 PM.
Old 2004-03-07, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

hey water saved my cloaker a$$ a few times... mag rounds det'nating on the surface... I actually killed a Mag w/ a beamer bouncing back and forth from the wat to shooting it... it was hilarious
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion