Statistics - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When you come here, you are now property of the Hamma.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-25, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Statistics

While PlanetSide does/did have statistics, I would like to see them fleshed out. The more statistics there are, the better a picture you can paint of yourself, and/or others.

Here are some statistics I would like to see.

Session: Kills; Kill Death Ratio; Kills Per Hour; Grief; Hit Accuracy; Time In Game
Total: Kills; Kill Death Ratio; Kills Per Hour; Grief; Hit Accuracy; Time In Game
Most Used: Weapon; Vehicle; Armor
Miles/Meters: Ran; Driven; Flown
Hacked: Doors; Control Consoles; Vehicles; CE; Other Terminals
CE Planted
Old 2011-06-25, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Redshift
Major

Re: Statistics

My hacking stats would read 0/0 forever, i only have a rek in 1 loadout now ^_^
Old 2011-06-25, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
CutterJohn
Colonel

All stats do, imo, is encourage killwhore attitudes and playstyles. Decide for yourself if you're having fun, not some number.

I would prefer no stats at all. I can decide for myself if I'm having fun, and I definitely don't want someone to paint a picture of me from my stats. People will try to assign them meaning, even though they give a uselessly simplistic view of your performance.

But if they must be in, I would hope i can disable them completely. And disable seeing others, and keep others from seeing mine.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-06-25 at 08:35 AM.
Old 2011-06-25, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vancha
Colonel

How about empire statistics, rather than personal ones? You already see people saying things like "roflol you have HA auraxium? But your aim is shit!", as if it matters. I think we need less emphasis on the individual players and more on what the empire accomplishes as a whole.

I'd rather see K/D disappear, but keep experience earned (and combined the battle and support experience numbers, assuming they both exist in PS2).
Old 2011-06-25, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
All stats do, imo, is encourage killwhore attitudes and playstyles. Decide for yourself if you're having fun, not some number.
I don't think that taking away the stats will change peoples playstyle. Did people change their playstyle when the stats stopped updating? I seriously doubt it.

I liked the stats in BC2: Example.
Old 2011-06-25, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Honestly couldnt care less. I'll never look at em. They mean nothing as far as who i'd select to fight with. Any monkey can kill whore and go for stats, but its a totally different set of traits that will win fights or who i'd want in my squad.

Stats are mainly for those who want to flex some e-peen. Honestly if that makes you feel special then go for it. I'm here to play a game and have fun, not prove that i can point a crosshair and click the mouse in a game.

Plus when i win in game, whether the other team has 10 kills more than me or 10billion kills more, they are still the losers.
Old 2011-06-25, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Raymac
Brigadier General

Yeah, they should definitely track stats in the game, but shouldn't limit it to only kills. Killwhores will be killwhores so I don't think tracking kills will have much effect on them one way or the other.

I would hope that Planetside 2, like its predecessor, will accomidate many different play styles all at once.
Old 2011-06-25, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Personally I don't thinks statistics would hurt at all, despite Cutter's statement. If someone is going to recruit you for his outfit based on your statistics, he's prolly not a leader you want to be following anyway. The majority of players enjoy flexing their e-peens, and stats are obviously the way to do it.

The stats should, however, reflect how you play as a teammate, not as an individual. I liked the system used in AVA (Alliance of Valiant Arms). While is your standard FPS, the main stat is your S/D, not K/D, which basically represents how well you play the objective/deaths. In standard elimination, your S/D is your K/D, but in other modes, you gain more points for objective play, and less for just kills.

Depending on whether commanders can give specific objectives to individual soldiers, squads, or platoons, PlanetSide could calculate an 'S/D' or an 'S per hour' to display instead of a K/D. Kills would obviously still be counted, and it would be nice if they split it into specific vehicles and weapon kills, as well as accuracy. Also, doors hacked, health healed and armor repaired would be stats, as well as modules, distance traveled, etc.

As long as the main statistical focus was on team play instead of killwhoring, stats would be a positive implementation.
Old 2011-06-25, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Honestly couldnt care less. I'll never look at em. They mean nothing as far as who i'd select to fight with. Any monkey can kill whore and go for stats, but its a totally different set of traits that will win fights or who i'd want in my squad.

Stats are mainly for those who want to flex some e-peen. Honestly if that makes you feel special then go for it. I'm here to play a game and have fun, not prove that i can point a crosshair and click the mouse in a game.

Plus when i win in game, whether the other team has 10 kills more than me or 10billion kills more, they are still the losers.
I acknowlegde your point of view, but that post is a bit stupid. It has all been discussed over and over on the old PS forums already anyway, so no need to do it again.

I'd be surprised if PS2 would have no stats. It's a common thing for all games these days.
Old 2011-06-25, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

I am for statistics being expanded to something akin to BC2s where near enough everything was tracked.

It would hopefully be expanded to outfits as well, with average points/kills per player in the outfit as well as other things.

I do see the negative aspect with people camping to pad their statistics; but then they wont be capturing bases, which will show on their statistics...
Old 2011-06-25, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

dont forget assists and all forms of it.
Old 2011-06-26, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I do see the negative aspect with people camping to pad their statistics; but then they wont be capturing bases, which will show on their statistics...
That's exactly how I feel.

For people to say that the ones who want stats, just want to wave their e-peens is complete bullshit. I love stats. They are a way for me to study my habits and tendencies and therefor better myself. It helps when I can look at other peoples and see where I stand. I don't really care though, if other people know where I stand.

I'm all for stats on support. That one person who seems to always be repairing you? Always has an AMS nearby? Always has CE all over the place? Yeah, they are giving the empire a huge boost. They not only help you get back into action faster, they also give you time to think and get your head screwed back on right. These people are just as important as the people with the guns.

I would like to see the assist system fixed and improved on also. There needs to be a way for the person who does 95% of the work of beating down enemies to actually get credit for it. I can't decide on what the best way for them to work without being overly complicated. For example, driving assists work perfectly, however, repairing assists are totally broken. If you repair your tank, and then your gunner gets a kill while you drive. You get two assist points. That shouldn't happen.
Old 2011-06-26, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Exactly Reaver; if the stats show you have a million kills with a bolt driver, but 3 bases captures and 4 kills with a Pulsar, then obviously you just sit on hillsides all day sniping, which is fair enough.

The key as you say is to make sure that support stats are as good as can be, especially as support players are likely focused on that so their K/D ratio may be less than 1:1. However assist to death ratio would be a much better statistic for them; imagine that ratio for a good AMS or Lodestar driver!

LordReaver wrote:
If you repair your tank, and then your gunner gets a kill while you drive. You get two assist points. That shouldn't happen.
Why not? if you just drove and someone else repaired then there would be two assist points given out... if I both repair my own vehicle and am a decent driver, why shouldn't I get two points for it; they are completely separate support roles (almost ).
Old 2011-06-26, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gunuko
Corporal

I like the idea of kill death ratio stats, but theres one big problem with it in this style of game. People will do whatever they can not to die and this could develop a bad play style for this style of game, everyone will cert thumpers/maxes and try to avoid going head to head with people in fear of ruining they're k/d's. In normal fps k/d stat tracking is good, but in this style of game people will play much cheaper if kill death ratio is tracked in my opinion.

Last edited by Gunuko; 2011-06-26 at 01:15 PM.
Old 2011-06-26, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gunuko View Post
I like the idea of kill death ratio stats, but theres one big problem with it in this style of game. People will do whatever they can not to die and this could develop a bad play style for this style of game, everyone will cert thumpers/maxes and try to avoid going head to head with people in fear of ruining they're k/d's. In normal fps k/d stat tracking is good, but in this style of game people will play much cheaper if kill death ratio is tracked in my opinion.
Old Planetside had K/D stats as well .. they just weren't visible to everybody. So I fail to see why all of a sudden the new game would be so much worse. I see where you guys are coming from, but I think you overestimate the influence of stats to the gameplay of the majority of the playerbase quite a bit.

I can only speak for myself here, but when I play cautious it's because I don't want to 'die' and not because I am afraid of the +1 death that would get added to my stats. So it's not the stats that lead to this caution.

Besides, I can predict that when the game is new, most of the fights will be pretty rambo like anyway for the first year, as everyone is learning how to play the new game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion