Sniper Transport - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Have your Hugged your Hamma today?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-05, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I think Gerbil has a very awesome idea. Something like a combination of the 2 ideas would be most practical. MAybe like a limited fuel (ammo) that does the same things as spoken of here?
Old 2004-02-05, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Ok. I REALLY like the inventory idea. Thats AWSOME. Gal hot drops with a glider would rock. But the one thing I dont like is the whole bail out thing. Rexo's hot droping on an enemy base is too powerfull. Esp with no gal. How about u can deploy from a gal but u loose half your alt b4 u deploy. THe Gal is still vulnerable and you have to land outside the enemy base (inside if your crasy). It should deconstruct b/c it has no trunk (good idea). I dont want a new cert tho. I think it should be coupled with sniper and mossy or air cav (you pick either mossy sniper or air cav and you get the ELT). No missle locks is good.
Old 2004-02-05, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Bad Mojo
Contributor
Master Sergeant

One small change, IMO.

No armor. Damage is done directly to the individual. Infnatry in the air are hard enough to hit as it is and AA does little damage against them.
Old 2004-02-05, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Indeed. Small arms weaps are needed to take them down.
Old 2004-02-05, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SweetTater
Corporal

Not sure if I like the idea of it being an inventory item, especially the size of AV ammo. That would pretty much make it useless to infils since something that size would fill or almost fill their inventory.

-Make it available at vehicle terms.
-When inside a friendly SOI, you can use that standard aircraft "up" button (default is "E") to gain altitude due to (insert suitable technobabble here like NTU deflection panels under wings). Once out of the SOI, you will slowly lose altitude as you glide. You can tilt your nose down to quickly gain speed and lose altitude. You can tilt your nose up to gain altitude. However, your glider will automatically level out if you hit the minimum gliding speed.
-Once you land, you can't do anything until you dismount from the glider. If you land outside a friendly SOI, the glider is useless because its too heavy to be moved. If you land inside a friendly SOI, you can remount the glider and take off normally.
-Glider makes no noise. Good for stealthy insetions.
-Cannot bail from glider. Kinetic dampers that allow you to bail from normal aircraft require a larger power source than the glider has.
-No armor, no weapons.
Old 2004-02-05, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I like it. Would need tweaking but it's a starting point. It's also a good bet there would be quite a bit of support. How many people have the Mossy simply for trasnportation?

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
Tribes Vengance?
What was suggested has nothing to do with Tribes. At all. Next time try reading the whole thread before you speak.

Always good to know you're still around to make idiotic comments though, Oxo.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-02-05, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

I can�t believe the bus driver�s union has not kicked in yet with how this would ruin Planet Side by making Gal and Sund rides obsolete
Old 2004-02-05, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
JakeLogan
Major

If it costs a cert point I think it should cost 1 cert point. Due to the fact that it has little to no armor and no weapons. and the bus driver legion would be wrong it doesn't really have a long range capability. (maybe because I'm BR19 and all my points are being used.
Old 2004-02-05, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Jagd
Major

They are still busy keeping their picket lines active around the HART terminal. God only knows why...
Old 2004-02-05, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Nerf teh Hart!
Old 2004-02-05, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
TheN00b
Colonel

lol, wouldn't it be great if like a hundred bussers got together at one HART terminal and formed four crowds thickly-packed enough to prevent anyone else from getting into the HART ?
Old 2004-02-05, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
JakeLogan
Major

That would be great to see.
Old 2004-02-05, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Very intresting...I am for it if you make it so you cant fire while your using the jet pack.
Old 2004-02-05, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Jakal
Staff Sergeant

It's a good idea but if it's a glider wouldn't the physics calculations for gliding be an insanely big calculation?
Old 2004-02-06, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Um no. Make it just loose alt just like it looses speed.

Sweettater: Everything you suggested has been said already.

If your worried about the busdrivers, dont be, this transport can only fly one base away without "leapfroging" over another friendly SOI. And when I say one base away I mean the size of one bases SOI, not from the center of one to the center of another. Example would be you prolly could not get it from Igaluk to Akkan. It would just make the walk time dramaticly smaller.

That brings up another idea, a new term set on the roof of the bases, it alows the spawning of only the Grasshopper as to not crowd the V terms.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion