new patch 2/5/ to address stuttering - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-05, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: new patch 2/5/ to address stuttering

Also I am not sure if its just me, but I cannot see infantry names when I am in vehicles, even when I try to spot.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

I logged on for about 2 hours tonight, after about 5 minutes I had two massive stutter attacks (like stuttering leading up to pretty much total freeze up, which cleared after about 10 seconds), then nothing for the rest of the time I was playing.

Had me worried since it was the worst i'd seen since the patch, but it only did it twice and then never again the whole time I was playing. No lag or slowdown after that at all. Very odd, but hopefully that means it's totally fixed and it was just having a fit after the hotfix to get its shit in order.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I haven't experienced #1 but touching an enemy vehicle is insta death now. I caught a Reaver hovering way low, jump packed over to him, about to C4, oops touched him. DEAD.
Shouldn't be like that in my opinion. If a LA or engie has the balls to jump on top of a tank they should be able to T-bag the bastard. That's how I get around armor cluster fucks when trying to keep things repaired. Jump on top of a friendly and go over crap instead of taking time to go around and getting ran over.

It also makes for epic trollings. Find a sitting tank and put your ass in his LOS. Mooning defender spawn campers with a MAXes works wonders as well. I even got to do a tango with another MAX in front a spawn door.

Hell I moon everyone when Im a MAX. Snipers most of all. Turn around, bend over, and SHAKE IT BABY!
Old 2013-02-05, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Assist
Contributor
Major

My FPS isn't any better, if anything it's a bit worse than pre-patch. But the hotfix did remove the stuttering for me. So, they broke the game for me, then fixed it, but it's still not as good as it was before it was broken!

idk, more I sit back and look at this patch the more im really annoyed :|
Old 2013-02-05, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

I doubt the vehicle thing is intentional. At least, I doubt they would make it like that for no reason, it doesn't make any sense. Especially with allied vehicles, since the owner gets grief for it.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
2.) Touching a vehicle from the top seems to do an insane amount of damage if you're an infantry. I just attempted to run up behind a Prowler(success), and place C4 on it. He never moved, never saw me, as soon as I landed on top of the Prowler I instantly died(Skull and Crossbones death). I've had the same thing happen with the Sunderer's when I try to C4 them.

this bug is old, once i tried to jetpack sloooowwwlllyyyy on top of my parked flash before the 4gb patch, and it drained all of my shields..... yeah, vehicle-to-infantry physics is kinda broken atm...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion