Burster Max - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because fictional worlds have facts too!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-29, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Burster Max

Lately I've been hearing more people complain about the burster max. They say its inaccurate and almost impossible to track high flying enemy aircraft. I don't know, but I blow the living crap out of liberators and gals that are at the edge of my vision (and closer of course.)

Does everyone think they're so hard to kill air with? Or Do i just have mad 1337 skillz with it?

:P :P :P
Old 2004-01-29, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Those two mentioned aircraft (especially the gal) are massive when compaired to Mosqs and Reavers. Thats just my opinon, i could be wrong and you might have "l33t" skills
Old 2004-01-29, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

I teh burster!
Old 2004-01-29, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

i think it depends on who is using it. if u know what ur doing and know how to use burster max u can pwn all aircraft. i get pwned by burster max all the time., but that cuold be cuz i cant fly good.
Old 2004-01-29, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

The burster is awesome. One day I had around 3 engineers behind me and I blasted the crap out of any enemy that would take one step into our tower. We were being overun and I enemies would occasionally sneak in to shot a decimator at me, but through all of the explosions I created they could only land one on me at a time before I was repaired. I ended up in the end running out of ammo and died trying to run to get some more. The only bad thing was that when I did this I somehow I was getting a boat load of greif even though I wasn't hitting any friendlies. I ended up with 800 some grief that I think came from the large AOE. And since I was shooting towards the door I think the friendly door lock panel was giving me all this grief (don't know if you can get grief from these but I know at least you can get grief from shooting friendly terminals). Stick with the burster, it owns.
Old 2004-01-29, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

On my TR alt that i use to test things, i was nailing all sorts of flying things, and it also did decent AI/AV damage

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-29, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Nerf the ground explosions on the burster and I'd gladly see a 50% speed increase on it's shot travel speed.
Old 2004-01-29, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Most people do good at lower flying targets. Libs at altitude, especially on conts where they have a great height advantage, are another story. Yes, they are possible to kill, but, they have enough armor to withstand a direct hit by a full clip. They also have the ability to outfly your range. If the pilot doesn't slow down, then he is even more difficult to kill (because he will leave your range very quickly. I personnaly like the burster as is, and don't want the devs going anywhere near it with their nerf bat.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-01-29, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Morrik
Contributor
Corporal

You should test the radius of the explosion. The little projectiles will explode pretty far away from the aircraft. Even when they explode at maximum distance, they still do a fair amount of damage.
Old 2004-01-29, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I have used the burster for quite a while (with a fair number of kills). No complaints, other than high flying libs. It may be just me, but when I flew libs (for both TR and NC), my basic lib experience was as follows (this is vs AA max, not other aircraft):

Against VS = dead lib
Against NC = dead lib
Against TR = empty bomb rack and RTB

I had the same result as a AA max (I have used all three empires):

As VS = dead lib
As NC = dead lib
As TR = Lib returning to base after dropping all his bombs.

But as I said, your mileage may vary.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-01-29, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

lol VS AA MAX pwns reavers and skeeters.
Old 2004-01-30, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Besides the flail. The burster is the worst thing in this game. As TR I'm constantly taking friendly fire, and as NC they are nothing more than a nuisance that do a better job of shooting around corners than the pounder.
Old 2004-01-30, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Renegarde
Corporal

Next to the Lightning, the Burster is my absolute favorite weapon. Couple it with Advanced Targetting and a cliff overlooking a base, and you can own any nearby aircraft and pick off weakened infantry.

My favorite tactic is getting a perfect view of a Vanu vehicle pad (preferably directly behind it) and raping any aircraft that tries to spawn from it before (or shortly after) they even gain control of their plane. Unfortunately, this teactic doesn't work too well against the NC =P
Old 2004-01-30, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Bursters spamming bases can indeed be problematic for infantry trying to move in and assault the base, but I'd say that this problem only shows up for a small part of the entire battle. Hitting Liberators at the flight ceiling, however, is something I have yet to master. I typically only see results if I have a whole bunch of Bursters spraying the sky with me, though that's probably a good tactic in the first place. All in all, the Burster is fine. Not exactly a weapon that you can pick up and kill crap with, but some practice time will make any player shoot decently with it.
Old 2004-01-30, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Otherick
Sergeant Major

I think its fine, no n3rf or buff needed for this air dominator
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion