News: Friday Night Ops EP39 Resource System Q&A Tonight - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stupidity should be very painful!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-28, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
camycamera
Major

Re: Friday Night Ops EP39 Resource System Q&A Tonight

Originally Posted by WRAITHRAGE View Post
How are membership rewards going to be addressed with the revamp?

*The resource boost having been a significant reason to continue paying a subscription for many people thusfar.*

BTW: A big thank you to Malorn for answering so many questions on this FNO. Its great to see Devs. taking time to inform their community that way.

nobody knows atm, but it is a possibility they could be removed completely. and tbh now i think now that with the current resource system with the bonus does give a bit of an unfair advantage, quite possibly p2w, some may argue. if they do add it back in though for the resource revamp, it'll give em a chance to balance it between members and f2p members, as currently resources seem... somewhat scarce especially on the infantry resources side. i hardly use C4 and LA anymore, because i will end up running out of resources for my other classes (health pack etc), and since you cant pick up C4, it is really somewhat rarely used by me, and a C4 missed is resources down the drain. slightly off topic, but hey, still related to resources.
Old 2013-07-28, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Attackers get nanites from the nearest linked region within 1 lattice link. It functions the same as defenders.
Are you considering any personal resource gain (nanites?) from combat actions such as killing a player, destroying a vehicle, or arming/destruction of tactical objectives (generators)?

Is vehicle deconstruction going to give back any personal resources? If yes, does that mean we will be able to swap vehicle loadouts with minimal resource loss, if any? I think giving resources for vehicle deconstructions is a place where % bonuses could be attached. The ability to swap vehicles loadouts quickly would be a nice convenience item.

Last edited by Eyeklops; 2013-07-28 at 11:38 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-07-29, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Eyeklops View Post
Are you considering any personal resource gain (nanites?) from combat actions such as killing a player, destroying a vehicle, or arming/destruction of tactical objectives (generators)?

Is vehicle deconstruction going to give back any personal resources? If yes, does that mean we will be able to swap vehicle loadouts with minimal resource loss, if any? I think giving resources for vehicle deconstructions is a place where % bonuses could be attached. The ability to swap vehicles loadouts quickly would be a nice convenience item.
Not currently, that sort of flexible income makes it very difficult to balance and ensure meaningful and predictable consequences.

I'm sure we'll do something reasonable for deconstruct, but I wouldn't expect a full resource refund. When you pull a vehicle you're making an investment, and not all investments pay off, just like when you throw a grenade and it doesn't hit anything.
Old 2013-07-29, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Not currently, that sort of flexible income makes it very difficult to balance and ensure meaningful and predictable consequences.

I'm sure we'll do something reasonable for deconstruct, but I wouldn't expect a full resource refund. When you pull a vehicle you're making an investment, and not all investments pay off, just like when you throw a grenade and it doesn't hit anything.
What about Vehicle refitting, the other suggestion? When you've been in your Viper Lightning and want a Skyguard, or just want to change the Zoom attachment for your Liberator's gunner? All my resources
Old 2013-07-29, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
WRAITHRAGE
Private

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
nobody knows atm, but it is a possibility they could be removed completely. and tbh now i think now that with the current resource system with the bonus does give a bit of an unfair advantage, quite possibly p2w, some may argue. if they do add it back in though for the resource revamp, it'll give em a chance to balance it between members and f2p members, as currently resources seem... somewhat scarce especially on the infantry resources side. i hardly use C4 and LA anymore, because i will end up running out of resources for my other classes (health pack etc), and since you cant pick up C4, it is really somewhat rarely used by me, and a C4 missed is resources down the drain. slightly off topic, but hey, still related to resources.
I appreciate your input, but my post was really directed to Malorn (although also rhetorically directed to all to invoke thought). I see pay to win mentioned often in regards to PS2 and I understand the concern. However, I don't think P2W applies here.

The issue is that in a F2P environment, some people believe that everyone should have exactly what everyone else has to be "fair". BUT the business must show profit to continue to exist. The subscription OPTION was part of that profit model. If the business eliminates a significant feature (resource boost) which generates income and does not introduce an equally attractive alternative, then those profits will suffer (subscription loss).

It is not about pay to win. It is about compensating SOE for the considerable resources that they have utilized and continue to utilize to bring us this incredible product while receiving a benefit that MAY provide an opportunity to augment the enjoyment of a past-time.

I'll finish with this analogy: How many of you would be angry (and threaten to leave and never come back!) if you were invited to your favorite professional sport's stadium FOR FREE to watch the game FOR FREE while other people who PAID to sit in the SkyBox enjoy their air-conditioning and amenities?

That's right, NONE. You both experience the game and enjoy yourselves. The difference being that you MAY buy a hat or a T-shirt and the other person spends thousands of dollars.

Last edited by WRAITHRAGE; 2013-07-29 at 06:05 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-07-29, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I answered the membership resource boost question in the FNO Q&A.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-07-29, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
What about Vehicle refitting, the other suggestion? When you've been in your Viper Lightning and want a Skyguard, or just want to change the Zoom attachment for your Liberator's gunner? All my resources
Vehicle refitting is not in the scope of the resource revamp. You're going to have to lobby Kevmo for that.
Old 2013-07-29, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
WRAITHRAGE
Private

I answered the membership resource boost question in the FNO Q&A.
Apologies for missing that. I thought I was diligent in watching it. Although, there were a few jumps in the video. Going to watch for that part of the topic again. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Malorn touches on this side of the topic @ 2:35:00 in the Q&A. EXTREMELY curious to the outcome of this area of the revamp as it will surely have a monetary effect to PS2 in regard to active subscriptions.

Thanks again to Malorn for his time and communication with the community.

Last edited by WRAITHRAGE; 2013-07-29 at 08:23 PM.
Old 2013-07-30, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by WRAITHRAGE View Post
Thanks again to Malorn for his time and communication with the community.
I second this. Thanks Malorn.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion