Is anybody else suffering from burnout? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No baby, its not the beer, I really do love you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-01, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Is anybody else suffering from burnout?

I was really looking forward to PS2, especially the Beta release because I like to think that I'm going to get in. But it's taking too long and I'm kind of getting over it now.

I still like the class screenshots every week but it's not really enough to keep me going.

Is everybody still super excited and drooling over their inbox to see if they get "that" email or are you all getting a bit bored?
Old 2012-04-01, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NCLynx
Major

Re: Is anybody else suffering from burnout?

I don't drool over every scrap released anymore but I don't exactly play anything else either so as soon as PS2 DOES hit beta I'll be all over it.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Aurmanite
Captain

Gotta relax and be patient. It's going to be another month or two at least.

Lots of cool stuff out there to keep your brain occupied.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
I don't drool over every scrap released anymore but I don't exactly play anything else either so as soon as PS2 DOES hit beta I'll be all over it.
Interesting that you say this. I subscribed to an all-access pass from SOE so I can still play PS1 and Everquest (and other things) while still generating some station cash over the next few months so that when PS2 DOES get released I should be able to buy all the sidegrades, XP boosts and shiny things right from the start.

I think they might have started their marketing campaign too early is all.

Everything we know about PS2 has been analysed, min/maxed, computer models created, discussed and argued to death and the new information being dribbled out to us doesn't take long to be put under the microscope, studied and absorbed into our outfit models and combat scenarios.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stormhall

I occupy myself with lots of other things but I do like the usual update on PS2.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
Interesting that you say this. I subscribed to an all-access pass from SOE so I can still play PS1 and Everquest (and other things) while still generating some station cash over the next few months so that when PS2 DOES get released I should be able to buy all the sidegrades, XP boosts and shiny things right from the start.

I think they might have started their marketing campaign too early is all.

Everything we know about PS2 has been analysed, min/maxed, computer models created, discussed and argued to death and the new information being dribbled out to us doesn't take long to be put under the microscope, studied and absorbed into our outfit models and combat scenarios.
I hop on PS1 from time to time, other than that I don't find any other games very enjoyable atm. :/ Do you get station cash from being subscribed?

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
moosepoop
Captain

my initial excitement has gone down but im still very interested in the progress of this games development.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

@ NCLynx

I'm pretty sure that if you just subscribe monthly to any one game, that's all you get. PS is $13 for me, but the all-access pass is $20. The extra $7 or so for the all-access pass gets you about 650 units of station cash which seems to have an approximate value of $6.50.

So I'm spending 50 cents a month getting access to Everquest and anything else on their games list.

It's only because I play 2 soe games that I've taken this route. If it was only about PS, I'd probably have cancelled my subscription and just spent $50 on station cash when PS2 comes out.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SKYeXile
Major General

Take this advice from somebody who essentially waits for a lot of games, dont get hungup on them pre release, dont play the shit out of beta, dont plan heaps of shit months in advance, its all a waste of time and will effect your overall longterm enjoyment for the game when its properly released and/or it could just lead you to major disappointment.

Its planetside so i have a hard time taking my own advice on that, but i stay occupied with other games, most of the time, its why you see me posting in patches of activity here....nothing to play, im here...but its been afew months since i was active here last time

Firefall beta tomorrow

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-01, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Best advice I've had all week!

I suppose I'd better get back to work then...
Old 2012-04-01, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bullet
First Sergeant

Seems like you want the game WAY too much. I'm excited, but I've got other stuff I need to focus on. PS2 is pretty much absent from my mind, but when I get on my computer first thing I check is PSU for any info, then I go on with my day.

Go outside and get an icecream cone or maybe chase some butterflies.
Old 2012-04-01, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

I've spent enough time chasing SKYeXile in-game. Don't wanna see anymore stinking butterflies unless I have a can of bug spray and a flyswat.
Old 2012-04-01, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
I've spent enough time chasing SKYeXile in-game. Don't wanna see anymore stinking butterflies unless I have a can of bug spray and a flyswat.
The butterfly is swift, elegant, beautiful and sometimes deadly.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-01, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

The initial Drool over every screen shot is less now than it was, but I will still shit my self silly if I get an email with "Planetside 2" and "Beta" in the title
Old 2012-04-01, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

The insta-drool for any media has certainly faded. The "information" they give with the weekly updates doesn't actually contain enough details for me, and the ones they do give are obvious to anyone who's played a FPS with classes.

But GDC did just happen, and PAX is around the corner. We can't expect major details every week :/
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion