News: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Test - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Red, yellow or teal? Hmm . . .
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-10, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rolfski
Major

Re: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Te

I expect all the big, US based outfits to answer the call. DevilDogs, TRG, Azure Twilight, Test, Black Widow Company, Goon, The Enclave, etc. etc. If these guys step up to their responsibility and bring in their numbers, than there should be no problem in stress testing Indar on lattice.
Old 2013-04-10, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Te

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
I expect all the big, US based outfits to answer the call. DevilDogs, TRG, Azure Twilight, Test, Black Widow Company, Goon, The Enclave, etc. etc. If these guys step up to their responsibility and bring in their numbers, than there should be no problem in stress testing Indar on lattice.
Agreed, but they're not doing it. Largest fight I saw in the ~3 hours I used the PTR was enemy squads.
There's 30+ outfits over 750 members between the 4 US servers and we can't even get over 300 on the test server? That's like, 1.3% turnout just counting those outfits!
Old 2013-04-10, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Wahooo
Captain

I cannot due to performance issues.

The amount of lag and significant drop in FPS for me is a killer.
Old 2013-04-10, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
LeilaniRock
Private

Ok, SOE, i really tried, stayed up until 1:48am my time to participate, game crashed 5 times in 40minutes (same happened to everybody in my squad) -((

So no feedback here

And as far as I can tell the server was not even busy (squad vs randoms @crimson bluff)

Hopefully things work out better once you will run your next "stresstest", this one just stressed my nerves....
Old 2013-04-10, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Assist
Contributor
Major

Same, 6 CTD in less than 40 mins. Hopefully fixed tomorrow, codeforge did say they're tracking it down.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I agree, specific testing windows that are an hour to 3-4 hours tops would be best to try to get as many people focused to testing as possible.
I concur. I was on for an hour on Indar and was unable to find anything bigger than a half-hearted squad action. Limit tests to specific times on specific continents.

That said, I really like what I've seen. A map that tells you what bases give you which bonuses, time remaining on hack (!), a kinda-sorta lattice that gives you a clearer flow of battle (maybe more small outposts can be added later off the main line of advance to give the small outfits their scope), and even ambient travel music. And I *had* to fly up to Saurva South to check out the new base there for myself. It's awesome. Flat awesome.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea got a ton of CTD's tonight so didnt get to really try it out.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-04-10, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rolfski
Major

I'm highly disappointed in the US based outfits, tbh. Especially the larger ones. They really dropped the ball. I was expecting massive battles between these outfits but none of it, the server was more empty than your average Miller on daily early morning.
And yes, their were numerous crashes but that's the point of testing and many didn't show up in the first place.

I think their leaders really need to step up and mobilize their player base as it is time for players to do something back for this game. Especially since many received ten-thousands or even over a hundred thousand free certs today.
Old 2013-04-11, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

I saw some 666 and some Enclave. I got my outfit to roll but it was very quiet. Its actually fun to roll different factions and fight your friends on the test server.
Old 2013-04-11, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

I'm highly disappointed in the US based outfits, tbh. Especially the larger ones. They really dropped the ball. I was expecting massive battles between these outfits but none of it, the server was more empty than your average Miller on daily early morning.
And yes, their were numerous crashes but that's the point of testing and many didn't show up in the first place.

I think their leaders really need to step up and mobilize their player base as it is time for players to do something back for this game. Especially since many received ten-thousands or even over a hundred thousand free certs today.
It's hard to coordinate things on such short notice. Especially when it involves multiple outfits. I personally have been extremely busy at work this week and I haven't had a chance to mobilize TRG to do an event on the test server.

It'd be a good idea to do it on a saturday or sunday when outfits are not busy raiding. It's hard to get people to play test after work when they want to play the real deal.

I'll shoot some SOE people an e-mail to explain. If we can schedule a saturday or sunday event, I can promise a good turnout.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-04-11 at 01:34 AM.
Old 2013-04-11, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

This only strengthens the point that those, who are still playing are mostly zerg of purest (as in "innocent") kind... The kind that doesn't play for the game contents, but rather for the sake of playing.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-04-11 at 01:39 AM.
Old 2013-04-11, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Got a solution for ya higby. At 5pm have a all server wide alert to go 'cap' the test server lol.

I'll try and get on. Dual flaming maxes Nom Nom

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-04-11, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
I saw some 666 and some Enclave. I got my outfit to roll but it was very quiet. Its actually fun to roll different factions and fight your friends on the test server.
Didn't see any of them but I saw what could only be described as a 'metric fuckton' of ECN or something of the like at the WG. No idea where they went though as just about all links around the lattice on the TR side were empty.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-04-11, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Kail
Staff Sergeant

I think a big problem was the constant crashes people were having. I know I gave up after 30min and 6 crashes.
Old 2013-04-11, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
Didn't see any of them but I saw what could only be described as a 'metric fuckton' of ECN or something of the like at the WG. No idea where they went though as just about all links around the lattice on the TR side were empty.
"ECN" = The Enclave. I think the it's actually ENC. Somebody on test stole the TE tag. We were at the Crown for a while, it was boring, we left, went to Snake Ravine, it was boring, we left, we went to the Palisade, it was boring, we left, and finally we dropped on Saurva South even though we didn't have a link just to see what all the hoopla was.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2013-04-11 at 02:47 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion