News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Screw you guys, I'm going home...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-18, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #211
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

The mosquito in planetside has a top speed of 119 kph at normal speed and a top of 287 kph at full boosters. In PS2 I noticed the mosquito easily do 228 at cruising and above 360kph with boosters. They are much faster and that must be why he went from near 1 warpgate to the other in about a minute. Who knows maybe by beta they will slow them down.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #212
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

The jet speed looked fine to me, made them seem like helicopters/dropships which I liked.

Bear in mind the TTK on those things was pretty low, they'll need the speed to survive. I'd rather the planes sacrifice armor for speed as it discourages hoverspam/infantry farming and encourages strafing runs on tanks which IMHO is more immersive and less annoying to the guys on the ground.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #213
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Ok well that would explain it then. Thanks for checking the vid more closely. Yeah probably needs to be somewhere in the middle of that range.
No... Aircraft should be fast and maneuverable, not slow and crap like in Planetside.

This will make awesome dog fights, not like those 'pivot' battles we see in PS...
Old 2012-05-18, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #214
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Looks great!! Although I am not so certain about this jump pad thing.
I agree if they keep them in I should hope they have some sorta cool down.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #215
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Delicious!

I am very impressed. Obviously there is still plenty of work to be done before Beta but it looks amazing already, I can't wait to see the polished version with the actual populations!

Very glad for the exposure as well, I have a feeling that we are seeing quite the build-up to the E3 presentation!

C4 needs to be a pricey consumable if it's going to be available to everyone, and it should take at least two or three to kill any MBT. Ideally I would prefer it if only certain classes had access to it like engineer and infiltrator but that is a balancing question that will be answered in Beta. To the folks complaining that one person could completely ruin a tank on their own, remember that all it took was a dedicated hacker to not only kick you out of the tank but put you at risk for being gunned down yourself! I do think that the TTK will have to be raised a bit once populations start rising but again, TBD in Beta.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #216
Red Ketchup
Private

Originally Posted by Tapman View Post
C4 needs to be a pricey consumable if it's going to be available to everyone, and it should take at least two or three to kill any MBT.
He threw at least two. If you look closely at 2:00, you can see 2 icons under the Magrider representing the C4 charges.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #217
Zeroshin
Private

Very happy to see TB's video landing over 100k views in under 24 hours
Old 2012-05-18, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
Dragonien
Private

love the vid.
Not to sure of the jump pads but we'll see.
Also not sure about my feelings to know its still in alpha.
It's just as if they started at a run now, their at a slow walking pace : (
Old 2012-05-18, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

TB and SOE, thanks so much for that awesome footage. WOW! I just finished watching it and the while it was all impressive, the flying bit at the end and jumping between night and day cycles was just mind-blowing.
Old 2012-05-18, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #220
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Forgot to mention about the Jump-Pads. I noticed that the different classes moved differently depending on their weight/resistance, Light Assault and Infiltrators seem to make it to the next rooftop but the other classes will probably make it to a lower level or a lesser distance.

Are grenades/C4/Boomers going to be affected by lifts and jump pads?

All of these things will be answered and fixed if necessary during Beta. I have a feeling that once the populations go up, there won't be much of a need for letting everyone jump around as far and as quickly.

Also Red Ketchup, I did see two down there, but I don't recall whether the tank was at full health when he blew it up.

On a separate note, I saw that a grenade he threw had a 3-second or so delay before exploding. I'm not sure if they were toggled that way but the delay felt right. Question that comes to my mind is will we be able to throw grenades back if they land near us...
Old 2012-05-18, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
Bine
Private

On that topic of Ziplines as earlier mentioned, there are other ways to design a zipline without making it clutter up the sky I will go ahead and make a suggestion post for it.

On the real topic:

UGH! At work so I cant watch >.O. I will wait until i go home... Wait... wait...
Old 2012-05-18, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #222
WorldOfForms
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
PS1 had a regen implant. It was so slow, it was as terrible as the one in the video. IT was like 1 hp per 5 seconds or something.
Regen was faster than that (but slower than med app). Its weakness was that it ate your stamina at an absurd rate, leaving you vulnerable afterward.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-18, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #223
BREWKO
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
When TB killed arclegger did anyone else chuckle and think about him being clegged up on foot?
arclegger is NC, he gets killed all the time.
Old 2012-05-18, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
Zeroshin
Private

Originally Posted by Tapman View Post
Forgot to mention about the Jump-Pads. I noticed that the different classes moved differently depending on their weight/resistance, Light Assault and Infiltrators seem to make it to the next rooftop but the other classes will probably make it to a lower level or a lesser distance.
The difference is cause while he was a light assault he was activating his jump jets during the jump-pad movement. Else if you compare with the max, its the same.
Old 2012-05-18, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Brewko, are you TR?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion