New Killcam - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does your mother know what you do at night?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-04, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #166
NCLynx
Major

Re: New Killcam

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
This isnt a killcam for me its just a killer image !

Sadly this can lead to exploits because when you can see your killer in BF or in cod killcam you can also see if the kill was fair !

with this the killcam is useless and will lead to maybe wall hack and all sort of thing like thats and there willl be no way to catch those sicne u cant be sure from where he just kill ya he can be stuck into a wall and killing people no ones will be able to see thats he is actually gliched into a wall !

thats my concerne here i tough the BF like killcam was Better !
I think you might have been the only person to like the BF cam more than the one posted.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #167
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

This isnt a killcam for me its just a killer image !

Sadly this can lead to exploits because when you can see your killer in BF or in cod killcam you can also see if the kill was fair !

with this the killcam is useless and will lead to maybe wall hack and all sort of thing like thats and there willl be no way to catch those sicne u cant be sure from where he just kill ya he can be stuck into a wall and killing people no ones will be able to see thats he is actually gliched into a wall !

thats my concerne here i tough the BF like killcam was Better !
Do we need a "kill-cam" now to check exploits?...

I'd rather have one shooting at me from a glitched spot, rather than having a "cheat-cam" ingame. It kills immersion, and it kills the action...

Imagine sneaking inside a base, as a group. Only to get spotted by the kill-cam after the first kill.

Let the devs handle the exploiters, there's no need for a BF-like kill-cam here.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
Kran De Loy
Captain

It's Stew. If you guys havn't figured out he's a troll by now...
Old 2012-06-04, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #169
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
I thought so too, but he makes legitimate points enough for me to humor him. Kill cam -does- help catch cheaters faster.

Not like I'm getting mad over here.

Last edited by Bags; 2012-06-04 at 02:11 AM.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #170
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Killcams like BF3 and CoD 4 are stupid, they just encourage the most stupid and douchey gameplay. You don't have to worry about checking your surroundings because if you get killed you instantly know the hiding place and tactics of that guy who spent 10 minutes getting into a good position or stealthing past troops.

If you got killed and don't know where the guy was or are unsure of how he hit you then it's your own fault. Killcams just encourage 'revenging' which kills games, people just constantly set out to avenge their own deaths and it just gets silly. It also makes stealth worthless, positioning worthless and gives reckless gameplay too much of an advantage.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

Damn...

I need my troll-detector fuel, the morning coffee...
Old 2012-06-04, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by Winfernal View Post
Damn...

I need my troll-detector fuel, the morning coffee...
Not really. It's like what Bags said. Stew is rather good at keeping a balance between trolling people and being legit just enough to not get ignored.

Personally I stopped reading anything he posts because I literally get eyestrain trying to do so.

Also, back to topic, how's the idea of taking notes about downed players and medics from Brink, eh? Pretty good, imo. Allows the medic to stay in the fire fight, downed players were able to track medics easily, gave the downed player the option to get up or tap out, limited the downed player's PoV drastically (wouldn't let them turn around or move much at all), downed players wouldn't always be able to be ressed if they took enough damage both before they were killed (died by explosives) or after they were downed (shot a little bit extra).

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-06-04 at 02:31 AM.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

Not really. It's like what Bags said. Stew is rather good at keeping a balance between trolling people and being legit just enough to not get ignored.

Personally I stopped reading anything he posts because I literally get eyestrain trying to do so.
Well, thanks for the heads-up, though
Old 2012-06-04, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
Coreldan
Colonel

I doubt Stew is actually even a troll, just on the slower end of the spectrum.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-04, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
Antivide
Corporal

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
Killcams like BF3 and CoD 4 are stupid, they just encourage the most stupid and douchey gameplay. You don't have to worry about checking your surroundings because if you get killed you instantly know the hiding place and tactics of that guy who spent 10 minutes getting into a good position or stealthing past troops.
It's less because of that and more because kill-cams encourage a "revenge" instinct in the person that died.

In a team based game like PS2 the last thing we need is for some angry idiot to go off on a revenge quest to kill some Infiltrator cloaking in tower somewhere.
Old 2012-06-04, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Antivide View Post
It's less because of that and more because kill-cams encourage a "revenge" instinct in the person that died.

In a team based game like PS2 the last thing we need is for some angry idiot to go off on a revenge quest to kill some Infiltrator cloaking in tower somewhere.
That reminds me of an interesting point actually. If a sniper a few hundred metres away gets a head-shot, one-shot kill, and is not already detected by someone will it go into kill cam and reveal their location?

I mean think about it, your a pretty good shot and manage to take out a medic in an enemy section heading towards an objective. If they are communicating (whatsoever, in chat or in ventrillo) then the killed person would be able to tell the section exactly where the sniper is! That could ruin dedicated snipers fun, and once again bring us a tad further out of our immersion.
Old 2012-06-04, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
That reminds me of an interesting point actually. If a sniper a few hundred metres away gets a head-shot, one-shot kill, and is not already detected by someone will it go into kill cam and reveal their location?

I mean think about it, your a pretty good shot and manage to take out a medic in an enemy section heading towards an objective. If they are communicating (whatsoever, in chat or in ventrillo) then the killed person would be able to tell the section exactly where the sniper is! That could ruin dedicated snipers fun, and once again bring us a tad further out of our immersion.
There would be no way to prevent this Except banning the use of VOIP and TS/Ventrilo.

They could implent Jay zapping us with an "neuralyzer" after deaths, though!

Last edited by Winfernal; 2012-06-04 at 05:07 AM.
Old 2012-06-04, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Stew
Major

if for ya havving concerne is been a troll so be it but its all in your own head !

I have these concern because the game is Big and i was thinking the exact same thing as most people in here ive hate kill cam at first so ive play (( no kill cam )) servers and also hard core servers to not get killcam in COD of BFBC and BF3 and ive been kills by exploiters and in those modes ive found like at least 50 % more cheaters and exploiters so ive start to like killcam to actually see whats really happen !

I understand the concern of many people !

But in a huge game like planetside 2 exploits and cheaters are going to be LEGIONS especially thats this game is a free to play

So every single tools available to figth agains this is a must !

I also dont like to be spot by (( killcam view )) but ill prefere this over been kill by a glichers or a cheaters whiout even know whats happen it will lead to a way more frustration than been spot by a killcam i can deal with that !
Old 2012-06-04, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
Stew
Major

this is actually a video of me ive been kill by a mass murder cheater and whiout the killcam i wouldnt been able to proove thats he is actually a cheater and how and from where he actually 1 shot me with an AR No headshot 2 times whiout the killcam the admin and myself woulnt been able to spot him and banned him from the servers !

Old 2012-06-04, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

Exclamation Re: New Killcam

if for ya havving concerne is been a troll so be it but its all in your own head !

I have these concern because the game is Big and i was thinking the exact same thing as most people in here ive hate kill cam at first so ive play (( no kill cam )) servers and also hard core servers to not get killcam in COD of BFBC and BF3 and ive been kills by exploiters and in those modes ive found like at least 50 % more cheaters and exploiters so ive start to like killcam to actually see whats really happen !

I understand the concern of many people !

But in a huge game like planetside 2 exploits and cheaters are going to be LEGIONS especially thats this game is a free to play

So every single tools available to figth agains this is a must !

I also dont like to be spot by (( killcam view )) but ill prefere this over been kill by a glichers or a cheaters whiout even know whats happen it will lead to a way more frustration than been spot by a killcam i can deal with that !
Troll or not. I believe SOE got their tools to handle cheaters/exploiters.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion