Game is unplayable - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote has been taken out of context.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-17, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Necronile
Sergeant

Game is unplayable

Stuttering makes this game unplayable
I searched everywhere for solution and none of them fixed it for me.
FFS I noticed the game worked alot smoother in the WP and other open areas on ULTRA settings! WTF!!
but as soon as I get to a battle my fps can drop down to 3
Old 2013-03-17, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: Game is unplayable

Latest patch introduced some server-client issues that make the game extremely CPU-bound on some systems. I'm having the same issues - I used to have a smooth and consistent 60 FPS, and now it's impossible to go anywhere near anything worth shooting without dropping to 20s. Out of curiosity, what are your system specs?

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2013-03-17, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

I am having more problems with some bizarro rubberbanding latency when it comes to HP meters.

I will use a medi-kit and my health will rubberband to what it was before I used the medi-kit, and oh by the way my med-kit is now empty so wasted.

If they fix THAT issue, then I could tolerate the crappy FPS.
Old 2013-03-17, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Necronile
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
Latest patch introduced some server-client issues that make the game extremely CPU-bound on some systems. I'm having the same issues - I used to have a smooth and consistent 60 FPS, and now it's impossible to go anywhere near anything worth shooting without dropping to 20s. Out of curiosity, what are your system specs?
pretty old PC but I ran heavier games than PS2 and not to mention that this game used to run smoother:
AMD Athlon 2 X4 3.01 Ghz
4GB RAM
Ati Raedon 4850HD
Old 2013-03-17, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
wave
Private

i ran heavier games than ps2
false, you have not played heavier games than ps2
Old 2013-03-17, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rothnang
Major

Yea, I'm pretty disappointed. I wanted to really dig into PS2 this weekend and take advantage of double XP, but it's just not working very well. Ammo Packs just don't work at all anymore on my server, neither do repair tools.
Old 2013-03-17, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dragonskin
Major

Disappointed as well. I get the chance to play a lot this weekend and the game is so terrible that I can't force myself to play through it. They need to fix this crap and then reinstate double exp for the next weekend or something because this is stupid.
Old 2013-03-17, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Assist
Contributor
Major

The server side lag got so bad on Waterson/Indar today that I pump 4-5 pump shotgun shells into a person before they were registering. Before it was only effecting the repair/ammo/etc, but it seems to be really effecting hit registration now.
Old 2013-03-17, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Necronile
Sergeant

Originally Posted by wave View Post
false, you have not played heavier games than ps2
????????????????????
Old 2013-03-17, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
The server side lag got so bad on Waterson/Indar today that I pump 4-5 pump shotgun shells into a person before they were registering. Before it was only effecting the repair/ammo/etc, but it seems to be really effecting hit registration now.
Same on Miller but the bright side I had almost infinite cloaking today because decloack was not registering
Old 2013-03-17, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

My only issue is the flickering world. It comes on it's own and no resolution to fix it, that irks.

I have faith though the dev team will straighten this out.
Old 2013-03-17, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Blynd
First Sergeant

There is a fix for the flikering world.

Press escape

right click top right corner

wait for loading screen

click top right again

then make a brew come back reboot and about 5 minutes downtime for the client the next time you go ingame it should hold for an hour or two before it comes back.
Old 2013-03-17, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sir B Smythe
Corporal

Today I cancelled my premium membership, I have got to the point of being totally fed up with the non optimisation of the game. I don't want to keep paying for a broken game. I don't care about content, I just want the game to run smoothly with a decent frame rate, not much to ask is it? I shall pop in to PS2 to see how it progresses and when they have it fixed I'll start paying again.
Old 2013-03-17, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

I can understand people's frustration. Personally I play for maybe 10 hours a week and never get frustrated though my frames can be around 25-30 in big battles.

The biggest issue seems to be with AMD. People I have spoken to with Intel processors seem to have far less issues. I have an AMD phenom with 6 cores.

6 cores should handle this game with no issues at all but I still have problems.

Calling it unplayable is a bit much. I enjoy the game immensely because of the outfit I am in and the people I play with.

However I experience some of these issues so I agree SOE needs to hit this head on before working on more content.
Old 2013-03-17, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Hey... at least you can login and play. I've been unable to play for almost 3 weeks now due to de-sync issue introduced in the merge-patch. This is after putting in something like 25 days of play and well over $200 in the 3.5 months of release.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion