NO Paypal service AGAIN - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Guns, lots of guns.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-11-20, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
TheStigma
Corporal

Re: NO Paypal service AGAIN

Originally Posted by Crunchynut View Post
Which bank ?

I'm with the Halifax ( in the UK ) and my Visa Debit card worked fine ( bought the 6 month recurring package ) .

The thing is , it really isn't SOE's fault that certain banks don't like their CC authorisation system .

But i do agree it is odd they don't allow recurring subs via Paypal , as Paypal has the functionality to set up subscriptions . Apart from the games mentioned things like server rental use the same recurring subscription system , and work fine via Paypal .

Hopefully they will look into it and fix it soon for those who's banks are " awkward " .
Skandiabanken for me (scandinavian online-only bank). From what they told me during our online-chat this wasn't really so much involving them but rather how VISA (my card type) chose to handle it - so whether it works or not I guess it will tend to be much the same over many different banks in a region.

I sort of agree with you that its not stricktly SOEs fault, but it would obviously still behoove them to offer enough payment-options so that everyone who wants to pay can do so without issue. If this turns out to be an issue for many people then that could significantly impact their revenue and that would be bad for everyone involved.

As said I would really like to see Paypal being an option regardless (and perhaps other online methods also). Being able to use credits card only seems a bit old-fashioned and I am increasingly reluctant to give that sort of information away to these sorts of services that unfortunately have a nasty habit of being targeted by hackers these days. It just seems like it shouldn't be necessary when we have better options.

-Stigma
Old 2012-11-20, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
BlueSmiley
Private

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I'm sorry you are disappointed but we do accept Paypal,.just not for recurring memberships (which is what we offer at this time). I honestly can't think of any company which does recurring memberships with Paypal.
So there is no chance we will ever be able to pay with anything except creditcards? Man, I wanted to buy a membership (12 months to be exactly).
You'll lose a whole lot of potential income this way, you know that right?
Old 2012-11-20, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Very surprising considering SOE's breach history. Would far prefer they see my email address and a subscription reference code vs. my card details next time you're popped - no offense.
Old 2012-11-20, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I'm sorry you are disappointed but we do accept Paypal,.just not for recurring memberships (which is what we offer at this time). I honestly can't think of any company which does recurring memberships with Paypal.

netflix does,
Old 2012-11-30, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Brain
Private

Can't use my card to pay for membership, okay, i'll buy some SC using paypal at least... Wait. I can't. It says that payment method is rejected. Niiice. They do not wan't my money.
Old 2012-11-30, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
artifice
Staff Sergeant

I think it would be a good idea to offer broad PayPal support. It would mean more potential business for them. At least the option to buy digital 30 day, 3 month, 6 month and 12 month purchases if not regular monthly PayPal charges.

Last edited by artifice; 2012-11-30 at 05:02 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion