Smed on PlanetSide Next Delay - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerf the sigbot!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-04-20, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hotohori
Private

Re: Smed on PlanetSide Next Delay

I wont be surprised if they had most of it planned out and done engine wise an then they saw how....; let say Battlefield 3 graphics were all polished and stuff and they decided to polish the game with a better engine to make it compete with similar brand names as the one I just mentioned.

Warhammer online failed pretty bad graphic wise, mainly cause of there engine, for me, even though they tried polishing it more it still felt clunky an it was unacceptable, taking on account the date that it was release and compared to the smoothness that older games had, it just didnt make sense; plus the obvious reason of the game-play never getting to a daoc potential.

Staying on the engine delay topic, I think it is important for Planetside Next to nail the smooth graphic feel as much as possible. I am willing to wait for it cause its not acceptable to have a clunky feeling game with poor limited graphics; I understand the most important part of the game is the gameplay but the designing team needs to take advantage of all the new technology to make the game go beyond the limit an let the people know that it is a game that was released that year graphic wise, and have the video /audio options of the game to let the player take it to the next level on realism and let the player know that this is a new game; A feel of "this is the new visual technology I expect from a game thats being released 2011-2013." An I think thats what the Planetside team is going for and for that I say they should take there time and deliver something special.

I wont be suprised if Blizzard's titan (secret mmo) will be a fps an there will be a big possibility that it may compete with Planetside next , so in my opinion sony needs to take out there secret special guns an better deliver the best of the best in this new coming planet-side next.

Last edited by Hotohori; 2011-04-20 at 05:56 PM. Reason: fix typos

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion