AGN: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Soon to be PS-U-2!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-09-28, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Karzi
Private

Re: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW

Originally Posted by Selentic View Post
we gangsta
#Swag
Old 2013-09-28, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

The best of mattherson beat 2 outfits from connery. An alliance of outfits fielded there best players and came to this competition disguised like they were all one outfit. The very best pilots from all factions and several outfits on mattherson got together and beat 2 individual outfits from connery. Really you guys shouldnt be so proud. Pride would have come with bringing your everyday outfit to this community clash.
Old 2013-09-28, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
The best of mattherson beat 2 outfits from connery. An alliance of outfits fielded there best players and came to this competition disguised like they were all one outfit. The very best pilots from all factions and several outfits on mattherson got together and beat 2 individual outfits from connery. Really you guys shouldnt be so proud. Pride would have come with bringing your everyday outfit to this community clash.
Proud? Three TGWW members defending their honor and explaining their concept of what the rules allowed. A few of the TXR/MERC guys have also provided well written posts as to why they feel the spirit of the rules were not followed.

The rest of the Mattherson pilots are are trash talk trolling because they know it upsets several other players.

I was told this forum was superior to the SOE forums....

Last edited by Phrygen; 2013-09-28 at 01:22 PM.
Old 2013-09-28, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
Naterian
Private

LOL

No one was "proud" of that rape. Maybe you don't realize how bored out of our minds we were, literally the second round we were just in typical noob farming mode like I'm trying to hit BR100 on some double XP weekend.

Actually it was more boring than that because there were no aircraft for me to dogfight and I couldn't leave to sk33t across the map looking for other targets. I just had to sit there and hose you guys down 2 at a time as you guys came out the spawn room. SO EXCITING.

Like I said, grab all of connery's finest and see how they stack up to us. Doubt I'll be impressed though!

#MLGYOLO420BLAZEIT
Old 2013-09-28, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
Shehadi
Private

I was unfortunate enough to be a member of the ground force being cut to ribbons by air for almost two hours. However, it kills me to see this event that started with such positivity, devolve into such bile.

We got beat, so the way I see it, is there is nothing to do but tip our hat and try to find a way to make sure it doesnt happen next time. I want to be able to say, that we could shake hands and tell each other "It was a pleasure, let's do this again some time."

As a member of the MERCS I would like to congratulate TGWW and NNG on a sound and firm victory, and I really hope that we do meet again in a scrim and leave this nasty business behind us
Old 2013-09-28, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I do have to say I am looking forward to seeing the mattherson elite go against the very best players on connery. This might be a little better match up than just picking on a couple of outfits that showed up with there regulars in good faith.
Old 2013-09-28, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
Hamma
PSU Admin

Alright guys, if we can't learn how to be civil and stop the mud slinging I am going to close this thread. We do this for fun, we organize these events for Outfits to enjoy playing in a competitive closed environment.

Mud slinging and personal attacks of other outfits is NOT our goal, tone it down or I will end the discussion.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-09-28, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
TorinPS
Private

I do have to say I am looking forward to seeing the mattherson elite go against the very best players on connery. This might be a little better match up than just picking on a couple of outfits that showed up with there regulars in good faith.
Dude just stop posting. We brought our regulars. We didn't cherry pick a bunch of people from other outfits. These are our guys. There are more. Yeah, we honestly hope you bring your best.
Old 2013-09-28, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by TorinPS View Post
Dude just stop posting. We brought our regulars. We didn't cherry pick a bunch of people from other outfits. These are our guys. There are more. Yeah, we honestly hope you bring your best.
To be fair, Naterian and harvester basically asked for this in the last two pages of the thread, and the mattherson pilots including yourself have acknowledged that that all the best pilots on mattherson have grouped up together, despite being in multiple outfits on the different factions.

I can agree with you when you say "these are our guys", but Ironfist could say the exact same thing if he decided to log on and do a scrim with the same players. I would respect that as well.

As such, its not fair to sledgecrusher to call him out for wanting to see the elite pilots of mattherson play against the elite pilots of connery. That is the situation that has been created. Frankly i dont want to see the mattherson elite pilots scrim anyone else but NUC or FTC + friends. its not fair and boring to watch.

Last edited by Phrygen; 2013-09-28 at 02:51 PM.
Old 2013-09-28, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
TorinPS
Private

Originally Posted by Phrygen View Post
To be fair, Naterian and harvester basically asked for this in the last two pages of the thread, and the mattherson pilots including yourself have acknowledged that that all the best pilots on mattherson have grouped up together, despite being in multiple outfits on the different factions.
To a lot of the Mattherson air community, concepts like faction and outfit are moot. We play all over the place, regardless of tag. We share many Teamspeak servers freely, bouncing from one to the other as situation warrants. We'll play with or without outfit tags, it doesn't matter. We're a group. For RCCC, what was already an established relationship, was made formal by the addition of a few extra outfit tags that had previously been in place. We aimed to meet the technical and spirit of the rule, and did that.

If the complaint from these guys is that a lot of great pilots on Mattherson are playing together, and that is unfair, then there isn't much I can add. "Sorry." It isn't going to change.

Originally Posted by Phrygen View Post
As such, its not fair to sledgecrusher to call him out for wanting to see the elite pilots of mattherson play against the elite pilots of connery. That is the situation that has been created. Frankly i dont want to see the mattherson elite pilots scrim anyone else but NUC or FTC + friends. its not fair and boring to watch.
No, that's cool. I mean, I welcome it. A lot of our ESF pilots got fairly bored in the second round because we ran them out of resources and they had little left to do. sledgecrusher keeps alleging that we broke the rule, simply by gathering a bunch of pilots together. That we were not truly an outfit. I contest that statement. I'll acknowledge that we have a lot of the best pilots on the server, that is intentional. Recruiting efforts have been made for months to accomplish that. This was the first formal coming-together of everyone for a competitive event. And it won't be the last.
Old 2013-09-28, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
ReachCast
ReachCast Show

Due to the confusion with the previous rule we are changing its wording from

“All members must be a full time member of the outfit they are representing for the event.”

To

“All participating members of the match are required to be a member of the outfit they are representing for a minimum of 7 days prior to the start of the event.”

I apologize for any confusion the previous rule created and I can understand the interpretation made by both sides of this argument. We still understand that this is honor bound but hopefully it provides a clearer intent of the rule. Thank you everybody for the understanding that we are doing the best we can to improve the format, rule set and overall quality of the match each week. In the end we are doing this to provide an event for the community to enjoy and participate in.

Host of ReachCast
Old 2013-09-28, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
TorinPS
Private

Thanks for the clarification Torkz, should simplify things going forward.
Old 2013-09-28, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
NoXousX
Corporal

Originally Posted by Coltorl View Post
Hey Noxous you there? Looks like he wants a challenge.
He can come stream snipe me like every other pilot trying to prove something. I could care less in all honesty. I have more important things to worry about, like real aircraft.

'merica

Last edited by NoXousX; 2013-09-28 at 03:53 PM.
Old 2013-09-28, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
NoXousX
Corporal

Originally Posted by Karzi View Post
Really? That kid is the best you bring up? Really?
What sort of noob server is connery.

That kid is the name you bring up to fighter mattherson aces? That dude wouldnt be more than a medium pilot.
Hailstorm 10k kills , 25 % ACC 3.6 vehicle kills . LOL he farms infantry with his nosegun WOW , God tier pilot
The other 6k kills are lolpod kills so GG on his total of 18k kills.
Kid would get roflstomped.

@ Connerys best .
You guys are a bunch of whiner , you got destroyed you will get destroyed in MLG (if you dare to take part.) You called it stacking? I called it builiding a competive game. You feel cheated? We didnt break a rule , we didnt bring it guys from nuc or whatever outfit people think are the best pilots , we dont need to , our community has that pool of players if you dont that , well than you lose it is that simple.
You accuse us of going to hossin for ressource ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
hhahahaha oh man.
We are not a bunch of scrubs like you guys , we dont field masses of jokes in a mossie with tomcats in the air . We bring quality so we dont die as much as you , which ends in that we have more ressources than you , which leads to that you guys run out of ressources and we dont .
If you need to make that story up be my guest , add to the spawn beacon , they imbalance of the map and your inabilty to play good .
I already knew everything else than Mattherson is a joke , and shit like this makes me even more arrogant.
This post made me lol. Screenshotting.

Last edited by NoXousX; 2013-09-28 at 04:04 PM.
Old 2013-09-28, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by TorinPS View Post
Thanks for the clarification Torkz, should simplify things going forward.
It is for the best that this has been clarified.

It has also in practice however, for better or worse, sanctioned the use of ringers, assuming teams are given more than a weeks notice. Rather easy to just outfit switch the players needed 7 days before the RCCC events. Hopefully teams will actively bring in the best players and resources that their outfits are missing, so that games are a little less one sides in the nexus.

Hopefully this will result in more server vs server RCCCs.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion