Just a sweet post-release idea: Epic Keep-Away Game / Player Bounties - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fight with the best, Die like the rest
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-19, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dov
Private

Just a sweet post-release idea: Epic Keep-Away Game / Player Bounties

I'd like to see a keep-away type mini game where if you kill someone who has some kind of virtual item in their inventory it gets transferred to you. Perhaps keeping the item gives some sort of resource bonus (as a incentive). There would only be a few in existence at a time. (It disappears if you log-off). I'd love to imagine my outfit holding up trying to keep our comrade safe as a horde tries to take his (data-chip / token / artifact etc).

Also - a player bounty type system (imagine a "Behind Enemy Lines" / Vassili Zaitsev type scenario as republic snipers try to hunt down some NC scum who's been harassing TR commanders for too long!)

Both of these ideas would be a lot of fun to participate in but it's not appropriate for launch. This is the kind of fun add-in to see months after launch.
Old 2012-03-19, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Just a sweet post-release idea: Epic Keep-Away Game / Player Bounties

Originally Posted by Dov View Post
I'd like to see a keep-away type mini game where if you kill someone who has some kind of virtual item in their inventory it gets transferred to you. Perhaps keeping the item gives some sort of resource bonus (as a incentive). There would only be a few in existence at a time. (It disappears if you log-off). I'd love to imagine my outfit holding up trying to keep our comrade safe as a horde tries to take his (data-chip / token / artifact etc).
I love this part. A friend of mine started a bounty hunting website for a PvP server in SWtOR, he would hunt this thing all day.

It definitely needs to change hands when someone logs off, I also think it should change after a certain time period, because I can totally see people specializing in this and owning it all day.

There would need to be a way to keep inexperienced people from messing it up, have like a small BR requirement. I also think it would have to be optional to participate. Even some high BR guys would be pretty pissed if everyone on the server suddenly was hunting them.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kipper
Captain

There's loads of opportunity for the meta game, obviously to many it will just be about scoring kills and they'll just go wherever there are enemy to farm. Then we have the tactical meta game where outfits will try to take and keep territory hexes for their empire, and kills/dying doesn't matter so much as driving the enemy back.

If we were to see some other optional gameplay pop up such as treasure hunts or VIP missions, as long as it was done right and balanced - it would be welcome.
Old 2012-03-19, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Just a sweet post-release idea: Epic Keep-Away Game / Player Bounties

What if this "Flag Carrier" in some way provided bonuses to capping a base? Or territory?Or it may be bad putting so much influence on one person.
Old 2012-03-19, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
What if this "Flag Carrier" in some way provided bonuses to capping a base? Or territory?Or it may be bad putting so much influence on one person.
It could be optional. Have a terminal in facilities which can be set up as some sort of data conduit. Make it so that you can ignore it if you like and still cap a base. If you can hack though, get a data module which represents command codes or something. The enemy will be alerted that there's been a breach and the codes will reset in 60 minutes.

The hacker has to get out, get the codes back to a friendly facility to "decode" them. If they can take the decoded module back to the enemy base before the reset timer, they can insta hack one terminal for an effect such as drop shields, disable vehicle spawn, power down generator etc.

At any point that the carrier can be seen, the enemy should know they have a data module. Each base can only spawn one module per hour. The carrier will drop the item if killed, the enemy can despawn it just by touching it.

It would mean spec ops to steal codes would be a valuable mission to undertake, as a way to speed up or facilitate a capture or even as a decoy to make the enemy think the target is elsewhere.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault