Doing a Video, properly. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We need news!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-01-10, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Radant-J
Corporal

Re: Doing a Video, properly.

You have my blessing, working on a trailer myself since earlier this year, let me know if I can help in any way!
Old 2012-01-10, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Radant-J View Post
You have my blessing, working on a trailer myself since earlier this year, let me know if I can help in any way!
And that from the great Radant himself. Woha.

Miir, a test run may be useful, but propably hard to even find a game for it.

But i think its not really nessecary. After all, whats the difficulty? Get a bunch of people record, collect all videos one way or another, put the stuff together.

Once we know more details/get closer to beta, i propably just write down the basics that can be written down. Once we are in beta, we shall start by getting as much people as possible ready, Get the devs support, tell people what day we try to get the recording going, wait for the right battle, tell a dev to broadcast to everyone to start the recording for the big battle at location XYZ (and to really shine while recording), let the recording go for 10-30 minutes, then collect all the vids, and start the editing.

Given the amount of talented editers here, we should be able to rapidly produce a bunch of finished videos, of all kinds.
The target would still be to generate several videos that connect to each other as much as possible. That kind of stuff gets publicity, if well made. And if you have a youtube popup in one video hovering above a guy saying "What the game from HIS point of view!", then that qualifies as EXTREMLY well made.
Old 2012-01-10, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Kouza
Sergeant

I forgot who mentioned it and where but, I thought the coolest preview video would go something like this:

MIND YOU.... The VS are portrayed differently in PS2... The main war is between TR and NC..... the VS are simply doing research and killing who ever gets in the way. So some input on how to include them in that mindset would be cool.

Start- A TR cloaker, sneaks into a facility Court yard slitting the neck of a gaurd atop a catwalk

2. A NC light infantry unit, fires his rifle killing a cloaked TR soldier.

3. A TR Galaxy flies over, dropping units down into the courtyard, continuing they obviously kill the light infantry unit using team tactics, and a Max unit.

4. Countering, NC bring in reavers, raining death on the landing unit in the foreground, and you see the galaxy going down in the back ground.

5. A TR AA column rolls onto a nearby hill, shooting down the aircraft.

6. an NC ARMOR column rolls out to counter the TR threat.

7. Suddenly on a nearby hill you see TR infantry coming forward with their AV (Strikers?), and starting to lay waste to the tanks.

8. As this is occurring, the camera zooms into a TR soldier off to the side, that is still with the group but clearly not in close enough proximity to be crazy, and a New Conglomerate (Maybe Vanu Soverignty) Cloaker, uncloaks.... killing this soldier ... with his knife.

End with some stupid catch phrase going "Such is the cycle of life" Or what ever logo you want.
Old 2012-01-10, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

If you're looking for a proof of concept subject, try setting up a TF2 night for this. It's free unlike BF3 and PS.
Old 2012-01-10, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
If you're looking for a proof of concept subject, try setting up a TF2 night for this. It's free unlike BF3 and PS.
Perfect idea. May do this in a bit.
Old 2012-01-10, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

I'm definitely volunteering as cannon fodder.

It's a good idea. Probably challenging to pull off, but good nonetheless.
Old 2012-01-10, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Lorgarn View Post
I'm definitely volunteering as cannon fodder.

It's a good idea. Probably challenging to pull off, but good nonetheless.
The challenge would only to get enough people that are able to record proper footage with somewhat good graphics settings, and to have all those people put their videos somewhere. ANd of course to have enough of those guys at the same battle, got gain enough footage.

In fact, we would need a rather big list of people knowing and ready.

If we can have custom chat channels, its going to be easy, if we get enough people.

Lets wait for beta. This will take off! And i will call upon all those talented video guys here!
Old 2012-01-10, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
The challenge would only to get enough people that are able to record proper footage with somewhat good graphics settings, and to have all those people put their videos somewhere. ANd of course to have enough of those guys at the same battle, got gain enough footage.
I might even be able to help with that too. Though I don't quite expect getting in early Beta anyways. Though if an OBT happens I'd definitely help out as much as I can.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion