Exploits in PlanetSide - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: all hail......um......i forget....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-14, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jagd
How do you bind surge to the thumb button? I thought implants had to be F-keys.
Just go to your keymappings, under HUD I believe. There's a list of your hotkeys, which default to the F-keys. You can assign a secondary key to any mouse button. I've got 2 of my implants on the up and down of my scroll wheel actually. Makes it a lot easier to use. I hate F-keys.
Old 2003-11-14, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I have surge on mouse wheel up and darklight on mouse wheel down. Nasty, nasty configuration indeed
Old 2003-11-14, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
I have surge on mouse wheel up and darklight on mouse wheel down. Nasty, nasty configuration indeed
Heh exactly my configuration too. Nice.
Old 2003-11-14, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by infinite loop
Heh exactly my configuration too. Nice.
That is exactly my config too Apparently great minds think alike... lol Mouse wheel implants are nice...

Also of note here... I use the intellimouse explorer 3.0 mouse and I was having trouble getting PS to recognize the thumb buttons. PS did not seem to want to accept the default "forward" and "back" inputs from the mouse. So I went into my mouse configuration and changed the #4 and #5 mouse buttons from default to a "keystroke" of F7 and F8. Keystroke can be any key on your keyboard.

BadAsh
Old 2003-11-14, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
DraygoKorvan
Private

cHam they dont entirly ignore you.

Sometimes it just takes them a while to fix it.

A while ago I had discovered an exploit that allowed you to shoot through glass. Yes, not a very serious one, but if everyone knew about it, it would give the NC a serious advantage in techplants.

It worked with every gun, but you had to be in a certain position to do it. So it was pretty useless except for one weapon. The Pheonix. Only because you can aim it after you shoot. Basically I could sit inside the techplant in complete safty and pick off maxes and armored targets without revealing myself to danger in any way. I directly told, and showed a QA member this bug. They said they knew about it, but didnt think it was serious, except when I showed the problem with the pheonix. Three weeks later, I look in the patch notes and BOOM 'You will no longer be able to shoot through glass (bugfix)'.

The do listen, and they will fix it. But I believe the devs have a priority tree relating to what they are working on at the time. Just give them their time, dont tell anyone except the QA's and devs once in a while, and It will get fixed.
Old 2003-11-14, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Brigadier General

Misc Info

/bug!!!!!
Old 2003-11-17, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
cHaM
Private

I win! http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000140.html

I'm removing all the lists of exploits of posted as per my promise to SOE that I'd bring them down once it was publicy stated that a fix was in the works.

Thanks much SOE for addressing this issue.
Old 2003-11-17, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Jagd
Major

/me gives a hero cookie to cHaM

Thanks for your help getting this stuff cleaned up cham! Too bad you had to pay such an unfair price for it.
Old 2003-11-18, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
cHaM
Private

Nah, my suspension ends tommorow. Hopefully if they don't ban me for good, I'll be back playing now that I lit a fire under their ass and got them fixing this stuff.

I think it was rather cute how Spork posted what was upcomming right before I would be able to post on the boards again. I think I scared them a little.
Old 2003-11-18, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

WTG cHaM!!! I must say, with the number of posts you were putting out and the repetition.....I was leaning towards the SOE side of things, but you proved yourself....Thumbs up!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion