"But I'm not a hacker..." - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PUSHICON IS BANNED.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-01, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cease
First Sergeant

"But I'm not a hacker..."

Arrrrg!

This is becoming too common, and its getting frustrating. The scenario is this:

A small squad of TR have a hack on our base. They got a Pounder max and Engineer camping the spawn room. I respawn at a tower. Grab my standard loadout of RF Armor, Med Kits, Jackhammer, and Two decimators along with Medical Gun and Engineer gun. I de-con and re-con back into the spawn room and drop the Pounder and Engineer. I heal and repair up as another NC spawns. I run to the CC and drop a grunt guarding it. Mr Nekkid NC guy is behind me. I figure I'm in RF armor, full health, fully repaired, with 2 Med kits to spare, a Jackhammer, and a Decimator. He's in Standar armor with a suppressor. Ok, real easy -- I guard while he hacks.

Me: "Hack the CC please"
Him: "I'm not a hacker."
Me: "You dont have to be."

He doesn't move. Arrrrrgggg! This is happening to me at least once a week now. Its so frustrating.
Old 2003-09-01, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

It's also funny that a lot of people dont know they have a REK in their standard loadout.
Old 2003-09-01, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

On a totally different note, I killed KatanaBoy's alt on Emerald a lot last night on Cyssor.

Old 2003-09-01, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

Haha i remember that. I knew your name looked familiar...was pondering about that until a few enforcer rockets hit me in the face...ouch
Old 2003-09-01, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: "But I'm not a hacker..."

Originally posted by Cease
Arrrrg!

This is becoming too common, and its getting frustrating. The scenario is this:

A small squad of TR have a hack on our base. They got a Pounder max and Engineer camping the spawn room. I respawn at a tower. Grab my standard loadout of RF Armor, Med Kits, Jackhammer, and Two decimators along with Medical Gun and Engineer gun. I de-con and re-con back into the spawn room and drop the Pounder and Engineer. I heal and repair up as another NC spawns. I run to the CC and drop a grunt guarding it. Mr Nekkid NC guy is behind me. I figure I'm in RF armor, full health, fully repaired, with 2 Med kits to spare, a Jackhammer, and a Decimator. He's in Standar armor with a suppressor. Ok, real easy -- I guard while he hacks.

Me: "Hack the CC please"
Him: "I'm not a hacker."
Me: "You dont have to be."

He doesn't move. Arrrrrgggg! This is happening to me at least once a week now. Its so frustrating.
Old 2003-09-02, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

That is why you always need to cary a rek.
Old 2003-09-02, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

Even if he did have a rek its more practical to let the guy with heavy assault guard the hacker than the guy with a supressor.
Old 2003-09-02, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Yeah, but at least the hack gets started.
Old 2003-09-02, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Cease
First Sergeant

Oh I always carry a REK. Even when I'm in my MAX, I have a REK on me for those that don't carry them. For my grunt work, I have my Med Gun and Engy gun in the pistol slots, and my REK in my Inventory. The problem is like Smaug said -- I'm a bit more equipped to handle any people coming in. And since I have zero hacking certs, when I hack a CC its gonna take some time.
Old 2003-09-02, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
BDMJ
First Sergeant

I think it's worse when a rexo grunt decides his time is better spent hacking alongside an infiltrator than guarding him
Old 2003-09-02, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Exactly. I have been playing my adv hack/Infil/reaver toon lately and it just drives me insane when 30 people try to outhack me. How about letting the hacker cert chars do the hacking and turn your heavy assault down the stairs

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion