News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 56 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Daily spawning reports.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-17, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #826
bjorntju1
Captain

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

We are trying to get the EU server online this week for the tech test. No promises but we are trying.
https://mobile.twitter.com/j_smedley...45606200590336

Woooo!
Old 2012-07-17, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #827
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
And I'm leaving for 8 days this friday... Well, I guess it gives me an extra week to wait for my invitation without much stress cos I wont be able to play during those days anyways

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-17, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #828
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

i wonder if Higby is starting to feel like a broken record
Old 2012-07-18, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #829
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Question - If you're currently in the tech test, do also get dumped into the closed beta immediately? Or must you wait again for an invite like everyone else?

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-18, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #830
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

D2A There is a NDA on both.(As far as i know)

Im not sure if i understand you Question right.
For the Tech test you need a Ps2 Account.And a Client.
For Beta and Techtest you will also need a Server to play on.

No body knows it its Time Bases or 24/7.Basically.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #831
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Question - If you're currently in the tech test, do also get dumped into the closed beta immediately? Or must you wait again for an invite like everyone else?
i would assume (make a ass out of you and me) that you would already have access to Beta,being you already have the client on your PC,and i believe they would be the same servers you connect too
Old 2012-07-18, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #832
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Cheese and WHINE!
Old 2012-07-18, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #833
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post

Lol i have a print out on my desk of this.

Anyhow. EU servers up this week Hopefully.

John Smedley.
We are trying to get the EU server online this week for the tech test. No promises but we are trying.

Dont let us down smed!
Old 2012-07-18, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #834
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
HOLY shit I just apparently deleted my entire response.

Dude, in a nut shell. This isn't about stress testing or balancing. It is a technical test. This 'test' is what they use to determine if lower-end pc's can run the game on slower 'internet' and enjoy it. It is NOT about balance and it is NOT about stress testing. Beta is for stress testing / balance. End.

People being upset about not getting into the technical test can go suck a big fat herpes filled cock. THIS IS NOT BETA. THIS is not about FUN. This is about getting the fucking information from machines that can be used to modify and optimize the build. IF it results in lowering the visual quality of the game, it will happen, HENCE why it could take several weeks. Though I know everyone by now has a fucking dual core..

This technical test is more work than it is fun. You will not get to fly around and play Planetside 2. You are going to have to listen to the devs, give feedback and tell them when shit isn't working. You don't have to be an IT guru to do this. All the testers have to say is "I lagged like FUCK when I shot the vanu bitch in the face" And if a few other people experience it and report it, they see the problem and then they have the opprotunity to fix it.
Good developers would be collecting data for everything provided they had the tools to do so, they're just prioritizing what they'll be acting on and based on who works on what (weapons balance guys and the bug exterminators may not to be the same people.) Yes, despite being called a technical test if they can collect weapons balance data and see how the servers are holding up with X amount of people, they're collecting that data too.

It's called efficiency. Tests aren't consistent across developers. Beta's have hardly been about actually testing the game for most games for a while, yet PS2 wants us to do it right because they really can't afford to just present us a demo, even though that's how most people will treat it. Referring to a wiki for the definition was the wrong move.

If the people in the tech test aren't having fun, a great number of them won't bother logging in(yes, there are selfish people in the world, big surprise.) The likelihood that a majority of our tech testers are dutifully and properly testing for the betterment of the game is slim, a lot of them just wanted to play. The most SOE will be doing is herding them into performing certain roles/play styles to collect a specific set of data.

Sorry, but it's getting annoying seeing people putting external testing on a pedestal and treating it like some holy crusade while bashing on people that treat it as anything less. No developer can honestly expect a good portion of their testers to treat testing as the former unless they go to great lengths to make sure the people they invite are of that mindset. Over the internet, that's like trusting the female avatar to not be a G.I.R.L.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #835
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post

Sorry, but it's getting annoying seeing people putting external testing on a pedestal and treating it like some holy crusade while bashing on people that treat it as anything less. No developer can honestly expect a good portion of their testers to treat testing as the former unless they go to great lengths to make sure the people they invite are of that mindset. Over the internet, that's like trusting the female avatar to not be a G.I.R.L.
lol random story on this first chick i ever met online that was a chick was playing a guy avatar XD
Old 2012-07-18, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #836
Pinkie Pie
Corporal

i got my beta key, and now i just hafta wait to get into the beta!
...whenever that happens..
Old 2012-07-18, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #837
EVILoHOMER
Major

I don't see why they cannot just invite the EU players to the US servers.... I'm not going to be playing on the EU ones anyways.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #838
Pinkie Pie
Corporal

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
I don't see why they cannot just invite the EU players to the US servers.... I'm not going to be playing on the EU ones anyways.
i think it's cause of the Ping.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #839
KaB
Corporal

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
They actually did.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #840
CheeZeX
Corporal

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
i think it's cause of the Ping.
As Smed and others have stated COUNTLESS times. They ARE inviting EU AND Aussie players to the tech test and the beta. There are some currently in it right now!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion