Skyguard still the worst vehicle in the game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What? Ten quotes an hour? Stop suppressing me!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-15, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Wahooo
Captain

Skyguard still the worst vehicle in the game

The buff was nice... but skyguard still fails at even scaring air away. Oh you might scare one or two away and if you have air up you will get a few assists but skygaurd is a big flashing light that says KILL ME FIRST!

As soon as I was reloading after doing the expected job of a skyguard and doing it perfectly I got a scythe to 1/2 health and he ran off broke LOS and I was killed instantly by rocket pod and a lib. I did a bit of damage to the lib as I was trying to run away but hmmm... aiming AND driving over bumps and stuff while trying to shoot UP vs a pilot and a bomber that has a 50x faster ttk against me... oh and surprise but sex by his buddy I didn't see.

Still nothing but a death trap.
Old 2012-12-15, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Re: Skyguard still the worst vehicle in the game

the spread is still far too much imo. its hard to hit the side of a gal ffs out of a full mag you might get 1/4 of the rounds hitting. these are AA guns and should be more accurate. if this is the future then guns have gone down hill. lol
Old 2012-12-15, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Yah I agree the skyguard needs some love

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-12-15, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
stargazer093
Sergeant

yeah....have to admit that even after the buff, skyguiard still suck. btw i always think that what AA lightning needs is a pair of AA missile instead of flak cannon
Old 2012-12-15, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RSphil
Contributor
Major

missiles are a wast of time these days. everyone has counter measures ffs. lol
Old 2012-12-15, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
RobUK
Corporal

The recent AA chnages might as well not have happened for all the difference they made.
Old 2012-12-15, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Papagiorgio
Corporal

I agree completely. The Skyguard makes the trade off that it's essentially useless against infantry and ground vehicles. Since it requires a vehicle pad, I'm puzzled why it's still outclassed by burster maxes which can be pulled from any AMS.

Papagiorgio, CR5 NC Markov
Old 2012-12-15, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

I think its fine as it it. One skyguard is NOT meant to clear the skies. Its meant to drive a couple off and IN GROUPS be a massive air threat.
Old 2012-12-15, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
The Messenger
Corporal

I think the SG is far more effective with the reduced recoil and COF. The biggest thing I've seen with AA is that the projectile animation is very missleading with how fast FLAK actually travels. You have to lead way ahead of a target for anything to hit, especially when engaging at long range. But if an ESF is dumb enough to try a barrage head on and not break off, a SG can take him down before a reload. Once you learn how to lead, most ESF's don't bother unless they can get you with a full barage to the rear. I also suspect the render distance is slightly farther than the range of the gun. I can't hit gals/libs that hover way far off but I can hit a medium range ESF at full AB? Weird
Old 2012-12-15, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lieken
Private

Take it from a pilots perspective, it's fine how it is. It is an area denial weapon, I never die to it, but it will always make me fly away and prevent me getting kills.

Don't buff the Skyguard, give some XP for dealing damage to air, or something of the sort.

Or better yet just get in an AA max and be invisible to any air

Last edited by Lieken; 2012-12-15 at 09:38 PM.
Old 2012-12-15, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Alrikster
Private

When me and my buddy fly a liberator over enemy territory and we take damage i look at how much damage we get.

If the hp drops down fast i know its either an esf or a max and we break off and fly back to our next base to repair.

If the hp drops really slow we know its just a skyguard and we might as well kill 2-3 more tanks before turning around or if its within our reach (which it most of the time is) well just kill it off and continue as if nothing happened.
Old 2012-12-15, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
The Messenger
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lieken View Post
Take it from a pilots perspective, it's fine how it is. It is an area denial weapon, I never die to it, but it will always make me fly away and prevent me getting kills.

Don't buff the Skyguard, give some XP for dealing damage to air, or something of the sort.

Or better yet just get in an AA max and be invisible to any air
I agree, the problem is that people are not accustomed at leading targets. I do get more assists with the recent buff but most people want the kills. I'm perfectly happy keeping my team from getting rocket podded to high hell. Whenever I usually roll into a heavily contested air space, I can clear it pretty fast. I don't get a lot of kills, but the fact that I can consecutively hit aircraft seems to keep them out of the area. If people cared more about teamwork than their K/D ratio, they're would be less complaints.
Old 2012-12-15, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I would have argued a against you as little as yesterday, today I'm gonna go ahead and say it needs a little love. Not much! but more than what it is atm would be lovely.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2012-12-15, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MUXUN
Private

Misc Info

I hate the sky %>_<%
Old 2012-12-16, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
fod
Master Sergeant

i also think skyguards are a little weak (even as a pilot)

id like to see skyguards and the tank AA buffed (i think its called the g30 now - not a30) but the max AA nerfed

as a pilot i laugh at skyguards but AA max's seem to be really lethal and scare the S**T outta me
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion