When can we start buying items? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Geez, how many of these are there?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-09, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
VOWS Flawless
Private

When can we start buying items?

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but is there any confirmation on when we will be able to buy ps2 items in-game? I'm thinking for the start of open beta would be a good idea.

Old 2012-07-09, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Re: When can we start buying items?

When ever they no longer plan on wiping accounts clean before the game goes live.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
RSphil
Contributor
Major

wont be beta. they might test it like guild wars 2 has been but its the norm to wipe all accounts on release so no one has an advantage over people who dont get beta
Old 2012-07-09, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
infected
Staff Sergeant

i'd expect they may open the shop in beta and when they wipe characters then you will get your station cash back. this has been done in other betas. the shop also needs to be beta tested after all.

that or the beta will just have all the shop items available for free for testing purposes? or they may give you some temporary station cash that can only be used during beta. this has also been done in other betas. who knows just yet.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

my educated guess would be open beta , there not much reason to wipe accounts after that
Old 2012-07-09, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

It'll be in before the game is live, likely late CB or early OB. I've been in enough F2P alpha / beta tests, this is generally where it comes in. It could be added earlier and everyone given fake SC to use to test purchases.

It LOOKED mostly functional at E3, but when I tried to buy a weapon, I apparently crashed the client.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
WorldOfForms
Corporal

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
wont be beta. they might test it like guild wars 2 has been but its the norm to wipe all accounts on release so no one has an advantage over people who dont get beta
Except Higby said they MAY let people keep character progression at the end of beta.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I go for After Beta...
Old 2012-07-09, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
It'll be in before the game is live, likely late CB or early OB. I've been in enough F2P alpha / beta tests, this is generally where it comes in. It could be added earlier and everyone given fake SC to use to test purchases.

It LOOKED mostly functional at E3, but when I tried to buy a weapon, I apparently crashed the client.
you are so lucky ; you got to play on the show floor
Old 2012-07-09, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Doxy
Staff Sergeant

I bet during open beta.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NEWSKIS
Corporal

Really depends on if they need to test the station shop thing during beta. If they did it would probably be either everything in the station shop is free or they give you x amount of station cash for use during beta. Then probably a character wipe right before release. If they dont do a wipe it'll be really unfair to those not in beta, especially if beta lasts several months.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-09, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

It's too early right now. Not really a helpful answer I know. The above statements are actually pretty accurate. We aren't going to take your money and then delete your stuff. Once we are in position that is no longer necessary, we'll certainly put things on sale.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
SGT Apone
Private

Originally Posted by WorldOfForms View Post
Except Higby said they MAY let people keep character progression at the end of beta.
except if they did that it would only be when the beta goes completely open to everyone.

they would wipe everyone clean for the start of the open part.. and then let things carry on from there maybe..

But not gonna let priority and closed beta people have that much of an advantage over people who could only get in the open beta
Old 2012-07-09, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Littleman
First Lieutenant

What others have said before me. Cash shops are okay starting in open beta, provided they're not wiping after open beta, and have wiped between closed beta and open beta.

It's important that everyone either start fresh at open beta or release, but there's little need to wipe everyone at the start of open AND release. Planetside 2 is a free-to-play game. Really, open beta might as well be release.
Old 2012-07-09, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Logon
Private

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
What others have said before me. Cash shops are okay starting in open beta, provided they're not wiping after open beta, and have wiped between closed beta and open beta.

It's important that everyone either start fresh at open beta or release, but there's little need to wipe everyone at the start of open AND release. Planetside 2 is a free-to-play game. Really, open beta might as well be release.
They can wipe everything they just need to refund the station cash to you that is the way a lot of other games do it. as Sony already has the cash nothing need to happen.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion