Black Widow Company: military-style, veteran-owned [NA] - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't your eyes hurt from this tiny text?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2004-04-29, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
TheN00b
Colonel

Seriously, if you're a Terran on emerald, consider joining us. We are not only very organized, but also just plain cool. Plus, we have Outfit Members all the way from exotic locales such as England and the Canary Islands! *Laughs as Eversmann flicks him off for usong him a a commodity*
Old 2004-04-29, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I'd like to join, what all do I have to do to apply.
Old 2004-04-29, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
TheN00b
Colonel

Hey Dhark! First, you'll want to go to http://theblackwidowcompany.net and sign up on the forums. Then, post in the recruit forum asking to join. Once you get approval there, go in-game and look for one of our officers to invite you, or set up an inviting date with an officer on the forums. Our teamspeak information will be in the in-game Outfit information, and then you'll be set!

Disclaimer: Yes, I know it's a a bit complicated, but it's very much worth your while.
Old 2004-04-30, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Admission to the BWC is fairly simple, as he said. We recruit in-game and on the forums. We use our Nukeboard/Forums to keep all members and allies informed of what we're doing. I believe we have one of the best outfit websites on the planet, but that's only because I am biased- I and my webteam have worked very hard to get it there and I am damned proud of what we achieved. We now feature a chatroom and an Operations Server that lists all of our operations and makes sign-ups a lot easier.

We have fundamental requirements that we feel makes us who we are:

-- All BWC members are required to have Teamspeak and get on when playing.

-- No other empire characters on Emerald

-- Forum and Operations Server registration required

We run operations very frequently... our website has been active since September and we already have more posts than most outfits. We have a competitive promotion system, we have a competitive Battle Decorations program, and we have in-house team competitions. We feature training operations (such as Basic Training, Advanced Training), team training (such as Ranger Indoctrination Program), certification courses (such as Sniper Skillbadge Training, EOD/CE Skillbadge Training), and regular combat operations both as an outfit and as part of several Alliances. These operations are generally on the scale of three a week, on average. If not more. We have members that participate in bettering the TR through KAAOS CR4/CR5/Outfit Leader forums and who take an active participation in the Official Forums when necessary (they're mainly troll boards so we stay away). We take part in AGN Community Nights and we support other Emerald-TR outfits when asked.

A prime example of our in-house competitions is Operation FORGE HAMMER, a force-on-force tank battle. BWC teams will compete against each other as either NC or TR in a tank brawl. We've also had Galaxy races, planned Galaxy Death Races, planned ATV death races. We don't just play Planetside, we seek to have fun and find entertainment when "developers" regularly fuck the game up with patches.

http://www.theblackwidowcompany.net (turn the volume up baby)

Last edited by Firefly; 2004-04-30 at 01:17 PM.
Old 2004-05-02, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Piuslxix
Private

BWC is definately one of the best organized outfits I have ever worked with. Come and join us!
Old 2004-06-13, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Black Widow Company

Where we don't care what BR or CR you are.

NEW!!! Now featuring Task Force Ranger, Task Force Commando, and Task Force SOAR. Nine out of ten Terran CR5s are pleased with our results (and we all know who the one other guy is).
Old 2004-06-13, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
FraudulentBob
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Firefly
Black Widow Company

Where we don't care what BR or CR you are.

NEW!!! Now featuring Task Force Ranger, Task Force Commando, and Task Force SOAR. Nine out of ten Terran CR5s are pleased with our results (and we all know who the one other guy is).
Old 2004-06-13, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Delta Force kills hijackers. So do I.

Don't hate - just because we're one of two outfits you never managed to get into after being consecutively kicked out of all the others, doesn't mean you need to display a guilty conscience.

For the record, I did not name names. Don't flatter yourself, FlatulentBob. You're the least of my concerns.
Old 2004-06-13, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Doop
Major

Originally Posted by FraudulentBob
Hehe. Nobody likes you.

BWC is awesome, I plan on joining.
Old 2004-06-14, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
TheN00b
Colonel

You do, Doop? Excellent! I was playing with you last night, when the Ranger RIP was going on
Old 2004-06-15, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Oh shit, not Doop!
Old 2004-06-29, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Black Widow Company is committed to remaining TR in the face of massive Developer foul-ups and oversights or suspected intentional gimps to anything not blue-and-gold.

When other outfits fall by the wayside or collapse and fragment, Black Widow Company is there.

When other outfits sell out, wimping out, or otherwise check out and go elsewhere, Black Widow Company is there.

When outfits turn you down because you aren't BR10/CR2, Black Widow Company is there.

When TR commanders quit and leave the field or decide on /global that TR sucks and they'd rather go kill Elmos for the night as NC, Black Widow Company is there.

When other outfits threaten to leave a manpower void if you don't merge with them, you can rely on an outfit which prefers skill vice sheer numbers to be there for you.

Consider enlisting in Black Widow Company today. It's a commitment you won't regret, if you're up for a challenge. We are a military-style outfit with a dedicated chain of command, NCO support channel, a permanent TS server on a backbone that isn't operated off someone's PC in the basement, and an organized infrastructure that allows anyone who wants to lead, the ability to do so, without taking away from any command element or micromanaging team leaders. Many of our members are prior or active-duty military (though we don't pretend to be a bunch of SEAL team members on furlough like other outfits). We have members in the Army, the Navy, the Merchant Marines, the Marine Corps, and the Air Force, both officer and enlisted, in case you ever want military advice.

We aren't an easy outfit to stay with, ask many of the members who thought we were too rough on their commitment level. If you're looking for a competitive way to advance through ranks, if you're looking for a means of having your skill recognized, if you're looking for a place to truly belong, then look no further.

LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH!!

Firefly, Black Widow Company
Acting-Commander (XO) / Webmaster
http://www.theblackwidowcompany.net

Last edited by Firefly; 2004-06-29 at 05:16 PM.
Old 2004-06-30, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
KIAsan
First Sergeant

If your tired of the zerg, this is the place to be. We are one of the few outfits that take anyone, regardless of skill and find a place for them! Come try us out and see for yourself!

New players ALWAYS welcome!
Old 2004-07-01, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Eversmann
Private

Thumbs up

Really guys, this one the best outfit I've been.. Check us out at www.theblackwidowcompany.net, you will like it!

We're featuring several Task Forces, which include Armor, Infantry, Commando, Air and Snipers.

Come join us!
Old 2004-07-02, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
OptimusPrime
Private

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic