Systems: MAX Spawn. Spawn delay. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the computer watches you
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-09-21, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
illinar
Private

MAX Spawn. Spawn delay.

Currently (Idon't know about the latest patch though) you cant spawn as MAX. It annoys me greatly since I am playing MAX most of the time.

First why developers did it? May be MAX spawning were causing bugs and crushes ETC (this change was introduced in the patch that fixed server crash problem). In that case, nevermond. MAX spawn will be back.

Besides that I found only one situation in hours and hours of playing as MAX, where this affected game balance. It happened when I was defendin the point and I was killed and before I was able to switch my class to the MAX the terminal became neutral. That didnt allow me to go to the point and kill everyone there, but anyway by the time I would got there point would be captured and I won't be able to take it back.

Now when I think about it I'm pretty sure it was just temproraly thing. But if not, and developers wanted to add some sort of delay for MAXes to spawn, they can just implement a spawn timer different for different classes.
Old 2012-09-21, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

Re: MAX Spawn. Spawn delay.

Originally Posted by illinar View Post
Currently (Idon't know about the latest patch though) you cant spawn as MAX. It annoys me greatly since I am playing MAX most of the time.

First why developers did it? May be MAX spawning were causing bugs and crushes ETC (this change was introduced in the patch that fixed server crash problem). In that case, nevermond. MAX spawn will be back.

Besides that I found only one situation in hours and hours of playing as MAX, where this affected game balance. It happened when I was defendin the point and I was killed and before I was able to switch my class to the MAX the terminal became neutral. That didnt allow me to go to the point and kill everyone there, but anyway by the time I would got there point would be captured and I won't be able to take it back.

Now when I think about it I'm pretty sure it was just temproraly thing. But if not, and developers wanted to add some sort of delay for MAXes to spawn, they can just implement a spawn timer different for different classes.
Hey whats up man... So, the developers have been discussing this with the community for some time. There was an issue where it didn't make sense to spawn any other class but max's to fight in an area. The majority of people voted to have the max be the same as a vehicle so there wasn't a zerg of max's, but instead a better mixture of light to heavy troops.

Also, they wanted the overall logistics of the game to mean more. Now you have to have resources plus the locations to get these uber armors. It's exactly how it is for the air cav and armor. I think this was a positive change.

I hope that helps to clarify. You can check the dev notes and I'm sure vets will jump on here to fill in what I missed.

Sorry about that... not everyone is going to be happy
Old 2012-09-21, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
illinar
Private

Re: MAX Spawn. Spawn delay.

EDIT: Now, when the update is up, I see. I like that system. May be 999 (or 900?) for MAX is to much, but now I have a reason to play other classes.

Last edited by illinar; 2012-09-22 at 01:53 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault