Anyone have the upcoming buildnotes? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please note your immediate exits.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-17, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

Thats a really good suggestion Matuse. Also its not something that would be hard to impliment at all.

Sig By Airlift
Old 2003-04-17, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Here is a link to what i think could be a very good way to fix the situation with stealth hackers. It was originally posted by a guy named zoolooman on the beta boards (he made the site so non-beta people can look at it, i think) and I think it could really improve the game. I also like the idea to make AMSes and towers require NTUs, hopefully going through them fairly fast.
Old 2003-04-17, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ludio
First Sergeant

So phantom hacking is just when the defenders are too lazy to get to undefended bases? Why do you need to fix that? As for the turret idea it wouldn't work, they could just go in without infiltrator suits.
Old 2003-04-17, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

So phantom hacking is just when the defenders are too lazy to get to undefended bases? Why do you need to fix that?
It needs to be fixed because it's absolutely no fun to have to chase around a hacker, going from base to base resecuring facilities without doing any fighting. Games are suppose to be fun, y'know? Not tedious and time consuming, as fighting a phantom hacker is.
Old 2003-04-17, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Prefect
Private

I think a good solution against phantom hacking would be to require someone to stay inside the SOI until the hack is finished.
Old 2003-04-17, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Exactly warborn. I am all for defending bases in the heat of battle, but nobody is going to sit at a base idle for hours just to defend it against the possibility of a CC hack from one hacker.

I think what the devs are trying to fix here is not an infiltrators ability to walk into a base and hack the CC, but an infiltrators ability to run to a dead part of the continent, hack a base CC and move to another base immediately. Phantom hacking is having your base hacked, showing up, and there is nobody defending the hack because the guy that just hacked it is already hacking another base somewhere. If they fix it so that a hacker has to sit in an SOI during a hack, that would just stop one hacker from hacking half a continent in 15 minutes and it would also allow defenders to track him down. Hopefully this will put a damper on the solo hacking, but not nerf an infiltrators ability to hack bases with a group.
Old 2003-04-17, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Talyen
Private

the build notes are up, its just they are 12,000+ chars long, and it wont let me post that many ^_^

Good stuff, though. Anyone know when they plan to apply the patch today?
Old 2003-04-17, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Matuse
First Sergeant

As for the turret idea it wouldn't work, they could just go in without infiltrator suits.
In which case they couldn't be invisible, and stand a MUCH higher chance of being dead by opposing faction players, and/or automated turrets.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion