new implant - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I love the smell of plasma grenades in the morning.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-02, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
easypickings
Corporal

new implant

how about an implant that gives cloakers the ability not to appear on dark light, maybe it only works 10 secs at a time then needs to recharge or you if you move/shoot it deactivates it.

or a super cloaker cert, it would coast a lot of cert points 10 or something crazy like that, and it would make you not appear on interlink and not show on dark light.

i'm not a hard core cloaker but i like the idea of cloakers being a real threat.
Old 2004-03-02, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I agree. I always pump a few rounds into a control console just in case there's a cloaker there.

It's so easy to find cloakers with eyesight or intution.

Hopefully cloakers will get some love.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-02, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Veteran
Hopefully cloakers will get some love.
I agree, nothing beats not being seen.

I just recently got CE for my cloaker, Flames' video inspired me to try it out.

Old 2004-03-02, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
easypickings
Corporal

yeah ce works really well, you can set up great traps.
Old 2004-03-02, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Infil suit+CE+interlink benefit=sad people in rexo.
Old 2004-03-02, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Madcow
Infil suit+CE+interlink benefit=sad people in rexo.
I don't play on weekdays so this weekend i get to try it out.

Any tips for me about using CE with Inf Madcow?

Old 2004-03-02, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Lay a bunch of mines just off a road and then decloak when a vehicle gets close (do it with a del, AMS, or something other than a tank) He will go try to run you over or get closer not really watching the road.

Lay a boomer under peoples feet (duh)

Lay mines under Maxs they kill them in one hit now

If you were noticed and are being tailed go around a tree plant a boomer and spam v-v-v (HELP!) By this time your screwed so you might get lucky and he will walk right over it.

Carry some jammers and go into an enemy mine field that the enemy is in (a tower that they are using to attack with) Wait for an enemy to walk over a mine and toss one.

Dont underestimate your knife, its very useful.

All pistols blow against rexo now (mag scatter I think is excluded) Even the AMP needs nearly all 30 bullets to hit before the guy dies and it takes too long to shoot that many shots. Knifing him takes less time.

Regeneration is an awsome implant for a cloaker. My cloaker has Regen, Silent Run, Adv Targeting.

The wraith is too easy to see from the air at anyspeed but zero, hide in a forest.

Adv Hacking is your friend. Nothing like hacking out a DC max in an enemy spawn room.

Hacking is your friend, a lone cloaker can set up boomers in a gen room and run back to the bottom of the spawn room to hack some health from the med term and hack out more boomers from his locker.
Old 2004-03-02, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Question:

What does regular hacking get me?

I have this cert but do not know it's full capability.

Old 2004-03-02, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SilverLord
I don't play on weekdays so this weekend i get to try it out.

Any tips for me about using CE with Inf Madcow?
I'm a spitfire whore, personally. If I can get to a base that we're defending and we have the interlink benefit, it's time to rack up some kills. Personally, I go with 4 ACEs and a med applicator, my current implants are melee booster and enhanced targetting. I would make an effort to get to an interlinked base that your empire is defending to truly make things work and rack up kills, but it works other ways as well.
If you are in an interlink, keep an eye on your HUD to see exactly where individual soldiers are walking on the outsides of the base walls. Stay on top of the wall until you're basically right behind them, then leap down and plant a spit the second you hit the ground. Run straight out, perpendicular to the wall looking down and the second your spit pops up plant the next one. The standard grunt move is destroy the spit, then look for the cloaker. By the time the spit is destroyed, the second spit has popped up and is killing them. Of course, you're taking that opportunity to loop around them again, planting yet another spit in their path. Continue dropping spits until everybody is dead, or you're out. Then start knifing people and looking for more ACEs.
Boomers should only be used for MAXs, and a few other choice situations. Mines are great, but since you can't carry many ACEs can often be a waste. If you see a damaged tank running from the battle, haul ass after them. Often the gunner will stay in the tank, so try to avoid running up directly in his view. The driver will be repairing, so run full speed past him dropping a boomer at his feet. Click that mouse button like a mofo waiting for the trigger to show up in your hand. Laugh at the stranded gunner.
When you spawn, pull up your ACE and select the weapon you'll most likely use. The last thing you need is to be sneaking up behind somebody changing the ACE mode. You might get away with it in a fierce firefight, but that's about it. Speaking of which, have the ACE out before you begin sneaking up on people as it makes a noise when you put it in your hand. I also pull my knife and change it to alt mode when I spawn. It will stay in alt mode if you sheath it, and that comes in handy when you pull it out to knife a sniper. Every second counts.

Edit: Forgot to mention the technique to spitfire somebody that is not in the interlink. Wait for them to run past you in the field (make sure they're fairly secluded, don't want anybody else to see the green spitfire mist when it's forming), right after they get past you drop the spit and run after them, a bit to the side to avoid the fire they'll soon be taking. The spit will form and begin shooting them in the back, they'll immediately assume it's an enemy soldier and spin around to fight back. If they're bright, they'll freeze as soon as they see it's a spit. That's when you knife them. If the first stab doesn't kill them, they'll most likely move to avoid the next stab and the spit will start taking them apart again. It's fun every time.

It's also fun to plant spits behind snipers before you knife them. A little insurance never hurts.

Last edited by Madcow; 2004-03-02 at 10:16 AM.
Old 2004-03-02, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks guys. Keep em coming.

Old 2004-03-02, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SilverLord
Question:

What does regular hacking get me?

I have this cert but do not know it's full capability.
Not much. Slightly faster hacking, ability to hack med terms and lockers. Anything else? Can't remember. Adv. hacking lets you hack eq terms, vehicle terms and vehicles, I don't think I've had hacking without adv. hacking since release.
Old 2004-03-02, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I had Adv. Hacking but then got 3 certs so i got Engy and dropped Adv. Hack for CE so I could boomer people.

Old 2004-03-02, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Doop
Major

Silent Run > Interlink
Old 2004-03-02, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Doop
Silent Run > Interlink
No, Silent Run will be > Interlink. Currently interlink pwns it. I'm curious to see if anybody other than cloakers uses Silent Run though, it may end up effective for an average grunt.
Old 2004-03-02, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I've never even used that implant before.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion