Balance Issues - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Lakes destroying our Skeeters since 2002.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-16, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
FliggenMan
Sergeant

ok i will try
Old 2003-04-16, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
FliggenMan
Sergeant

OMG I DID IT AGAIN
Old 2003-04-16, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Tieom
Master Sergeant

Well, Vor has some good points there, but I strongly disagree with towers needing resupply - there are too many of them.

Anyways, here's an idea -
Spawn credits. Sort of like tickets from BF1942, but you have your own personal supply.
You have a credit pool with a maximum of 60 - it regenerates by one every minute.
Revived by medic - Zero credits.
Respawn at sanctuary - One credit.
Respawn at base - Two credits.
Respawn at tower - Three credits.
Respawn at AMS - Four credits.
Optional - A controlled bio-lab on the continent reduces respawn costs by 1 credit.

If you die a lot, attacking from an AMS will quickly exhaust your supply (15 times in the pool), and then you either have to wait a while, respawn at a lower-cost area, or get revived.

Assaulting a tower via AMS would require an initial numbers advantage, but they'd whittle down and start slowing in their respawns (Unless they have a few competent medics) and then you could take the blasted thing.
Anyways...
Old 2003-04-16, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Tieom
Well, Vor has some good points there, but I strongly disagree with towers needing resupply - there are too many of them.

Anyways, here's an idea -
Spawn credits. Sort of like tickets from BF1942, but you have your own personal supply.
You have a credit pool with a maximum of 60 - it regenerates by one every minute.
Revived by medic - Zero credits.
Respawn at sanctuary - One credit.
Respawn at base - Two credits.
Respawn at tower - Three credits.
Respawn at AMS - Four credits.
Optional - A controlled bio-lab on the continent reduces respawn costs by 1 credit.

If you die a lot, attacking from an AMS will quickly exhaust your supply (15 times in the pool), and then you either have to wait a while, respawn at a lower-cost area, or get revived.

Assaulting a tower via AMS would require an initial numbers advantage, but they'd whittle down and start slowing in their respawns (Unless they have a few competent medics) and then you could take the blasted thing.
Anyways...
I think that's a very good solution, but vor's solutions compared to zoolooman's are garbage. Go check out his site, his matrix idea would make planetside like an actual war, instead of capping the same bases over and over. He makes a solution to form a "front line" for every continent that allows it to be pushed back and forth via matrix between the bases. Bases can only be taken one by one in a line, so no lone hacker can go and take a bunch of bases behind the front lines. It also fixes the problem of defense being boring in the bases far from the front line.
Old 2003-04-16, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Matuse
First Sergeant

I think it is pretty stupid that a hacker can hack the support terminals for a base without controlling the base itself.

Better option would be to make a hacker able to DISABLE the terminals, so that the base owners couldn't use them, but in order to take them over, the base needs to be yours.

Would prevent hackers from taking over the vehicle pad and popping out an instant AMS without taking the base first. However, it would still make hacking the terminals useful, because it would deny their use to the enemy until they were able to re-establish control by a hack of their own.
Old 2003-04-16, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
FliggenMan
Sergeant

well eq terminals and health terminals are not that helpful to a solo hacker considering the already have all the equipment they need and their health... welll they really dont have much. They are either dead or alive, because if yer talking about a solo hacker than he has to be an infiltrator.

As for Tieroms idea, its very good and not complicated. Which is good. As for the idea Venoxille was reffering to, that also sounds interesting, but those are game altering conditions, and would take basically forever, reshaping everything about the game.
Old 2003-04-16, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

How would it take forever? Just have bases beyond the front line of fighting be locked to hacking.
Old 2003-04-16, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
FliggenMan
Sergeant

o, well it sounded more complicated, especially when u use the word matrix lol
Old 2003-04-16, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Warborn
Very good post, I have an idea, what if you changed the respawn itme, and had all weapons do like 75% of the dmg they do now (25% reduction) (and help the sniper some)? That would allow for more time to live, etc (in adition to the fixes above that is)
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-16, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by MrVulcan
Very good post, I have an idea, what if you changed the respawn itme, and had all weapons do like 75% of the dmg they do now (25% reduction) (and help the sniper some)? That would allow for more time to live, etc (in adition to the fixes above that is)
I don't think too many people want infantry to take as long to kill as it takes to kill people in ut or quake... Personally i'd want a mix between cs and ut2k3, right about in the middle of those two.
Old 2003-04-16, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

well, perhaps not quite ut health, but sometimes drastic things like that will fix many problems, I remember an exact same problem with the 1st SFC, and so the doubled the shield values of all ships and it fixed it. I am just sayting that since there are so many drastic problems, with manybasic areas, something drastic may fix it, perhaps not, but just an idea
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-17, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by MrVulcan
well, perhaps not quite ut health, but sometimes drastic things like that will fix many problems, I remember an exact same problem with the 1st SFC, and so the doubled the shield values of all ships and it fixed it. I am just sayting that since there are so many drastic problems, with manybasic areas, something drastic may fix it, perhaps not, but just an idea
An intelligent one at that, but I just think zoolooman's whole base to base matrix system would make this game 10 x better then it is right now. No, i am not a beta tester and i don't know shit other then the propaganda all the beta testers who are on the forums are posting. But I think having a front line instead of random bases being hacked all over the continent is much much more fun. Also, zoolooman's continent lock idea is the best one i've heard so far. If you haven't seen it yet, it goes like this:
Once a continent is locked by your faction, the warpgates on that continent cannot be used by any other empire. That continent is locked until an enemy faction locks a different continent. After that there is a 12 hour period where they are both locked, and then each continent's warpgates are the only ones that can be used to get to the other locked continent. So the 2 factions that locked those 2 continents would then defend the continent they locked and attack the enemy locked continent until one empire locked both continents.
Old 2003-04-17, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Venoxile
An intelligent one at that, but I just think zoolooman's whole base to base matrix system would make this game 10 x better then it is right now. No, i am not a beta tester and i don't know shit other then the propaganda all the beta testers who are on the forums are posting. But I think having a front line instead of random bases being hacked all over the continent is much much more fun. Also, zoolooman's continent lock idea is the best one i've heard so far. If you haven't seen it yet, it goes like this:
Once a continent is locked by your faction, the warpgates on that continent cannot be used by any other empire. That continent is locked until an enemy faction locks a different continent. After that there is a 12 hour period where they are both locked, and then each continent's warpgates are the only ones that can be used to get to the other locked continent. So the 2 factions that locked those 2 continents would then defend the continent they locked and attack the enemy locked continent until one empire locked both continents.
I wont get into the debths of why tonight (too tired right now) but I will be more than happy to explain my reasons in the morning, so here it is:

zoolooman's ideas wont be practical. Sure, some of them would be nice, and they are very well tought out ideas, but the overall idea of the frontline, and ubber lock down wont work in this game. I do think that ther has to be some things for lock down other than what they have now, and the front is not a bad idea itself, however the game would not let it happen. You would end up with a wwI senero, a trench war, never actually going anywhere, when you know where the enemy has to hit next, you can prepare, there will not be suprise, etc. It turns a massive offence game to a massive defensive game and you would reach a point where nothing would change much, and all the battles would occur on 2-3 islands.

Once again, I am not getting into any detail, just my base thoughts right now, I will post more tomarrow
Old 2003-04-17, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Matuse
First Sergeant

Put the matrix in such a way that capping base A makes it possible to cap bases WXYZ. Having it go in singular order would be bad, removing all offensive flexibility. But if it made 3-5 targets available, it would still create a front that covered a substantial area.

Also, I'd make the fronts on a per-continent basis, so there would always be a reason to go elsewhere...if you had to take one continent before going to another, that would be massively lame.
Old 2003-04-17, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
simba
Major

Originally posted by Matuse
Put the matrix in such a way that capping base A makes it possible to cap bases WXYZ. Having it go in singular order would be bad, removing all offensive flexibility. But if it made 3-5 targets available, it would still create a front that covered a substantial area.

Also, I'd make the fronts on a per-continent basis, so there would always be a reason to go elsewhere...if you had to take one continent before going to another, that would be massively lame.
I dont want only 1 base 2 b able 2 cap at one continent but like 4 or 5! Not only 1, that wouldent be fun, there would only be driving ants/tanks/transports/reinforcements/ANYTHING to 1 base and only 1 base if it would b like that.
It would b better if it was a couple of bases like 4 or 5 that u could hack.

I also agree with vor, wot is the devs thinking?
I have always thought SOE was kinda crazy.
The biggest problem should be pheonix flying everywhere and almost no vehicles being used except the AMS, vanguard, wraith and basilisk.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion