What was running PS2 today? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm supposed to be doing homework
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-05, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
cryosin
Master Sergeant

What was running PS2 today?

The graphics are better than BF3 and it looked like 60FPS constant.

I would guess that those are some Intel Xtreme PC's with SLI/Crossfire graphics sitting at $2,000+ total... but something tells me it might not be.

I'm just curious to see how my computer would handle the game relative to those booth computers.

That said, I was tearing in awe watching the footage today.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: What was running PS2 today?

In house they have sli'd 580s last I heard, but it's unoptimized.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
In house they have sli'd 580s last I heard, but it's unoptimized.
Oh a $1,000 video card setup lol makes sense.

I'm guessing my 7770 is gonna be running this on low

Looks pretty optimized to me, but i'm guessing they where tailoring it to the in house configuration for E3.

Either way, I know what i need to get those graphics and its not even close to what i got lol.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
Oh a $1,000 video card setup lol makes sense.

I'm guessing my 7770 is gonna be running this on low

Looks pretty optimized to me, but i'm guessing they where tailoring it to the in house configuration for E3.

Either way, I know what i need to get those graphics and its not even close to what i got lol.
Higby had dual GTX-580's and ran it constant high FPS on a multi-monitor set up maxed out on an unoptimized client. I imagine your 7770 will be able to run it medium-high settings no troubles. If your RAM/CPU/MOBO are up to scratch too obvs.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
arthurgca
Private

well i noticed a red alienware wallpaper on one of the stations, but i cant be sure
Old 2012-06-05, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Razicator
First Sergeant

I'm more interested in the average pings of the players. The game can be optimized to run on lower hardware, but there's only so much you can do for delay outside of proper netcoding. So long as the average ping is under 80 I'm happy. Under 150 is alright, and under 200 is the limit for me.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
Higby had dual GTX-580's and ran it constant high FPS on a multi-monitor set up maxed out on an unoptimized client. I imagine your 7770 will be able to run it medium-high settings no troubles. If your RAM/CPU/MOBO are up to scratch too obvs.
Ya i got a decent budget rig i built:

Core i5 3550
8Gb
7770 Overclocked

I can run most games on high with 50+ FPS, occasionally i have turn a setting down a notch but usually its no biggie(in blacklight i had to turn dynamic lights off and got a 20 FPS boost lol).

I'm not expecting it to look that good and smooth, but if i get 50+ FPS and reasonably good graphics ill be happy.

As for ping, i think it will be okay. Planetside 1 is just 1 server right now, but multiple servers should solve ping issues.

East coast is usually 80-120 ping and west coast is 30-80 ping for me. The game looked very smooth from the booth gameplay. Hopefully the servers can handle the large number of players.

Last edited by cryosin; 2012-06-05 at 11:09 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Core i5 3550
8Gb
7770 Overclocked

I can run most games on high with 50+ FPS, occasionally i have turn a setting down a notch but usually its no biggie(in blacklight i had to turn dynamic lights off and got a 20 FPS boost lol).

I'm not expecting it to look that good and smooth, but if i get 50+ FPS and reasonably good graphics ill be happy.

As for ping, i think it will be okay. Planetside 1 is just 1 server right now, but multiple servers should solve ping issues.

East coast is usually 80-120 ping and west coast is 30-80 ping for me. The game looked very smooth from the booth gameplay. Hopefully the servers can handle the large number of players.
Sounds absolutely fine to me, this type of rig is exactly what they'll be aiming to get medium/high working on. But as with Planetside 1 it may turn out to be more stressful than they estimated, especially with 2000 dudes shooting everything up.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

Core i5 3550
8Gb
7770 Overclocked

you should be fine with that rig
Old 2012-06-05, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Bags
Lieutenant General

Oh, I should add higby said dual 580s were complete overkill for the game.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Razicator View Post
I'm more interested in the average pings of the players. The game can be optimized to run on lower hardware, but there's only so much you can do for delay outside of proper netcoding. So long as the average ping is under 80 I'm happy. Under 150 is alright, and under 200 is the limit for me.
Considering I'm probably going to be playing at around 250-350 ping, being from Australia, I'm really hoping the net code is up to snuff.

I hear a lot of whinging about PS1's net code, but it was some of the better net code I've ever had trying to play at around 250-350 ping for an FPS.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

I only have a single GTX 550 Ti, will probably upgrade for the game depending on how beta performs though.

Ran SWTOR just fine max settings though.

Win 7 x64
intel dual core 2.53ghz
Nvidia GTX 550 ti
4gb RAM.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-06-06 at 12:01 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-06, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

It's been discussed in other threads here in various detail but the boiled down version is:

In general for games, the graphics card defines what resolution (GPU speed) and texture detail (GPU DRAM) you can use, while the CPU defines the level of game detail (effects detail, character LOD, etc) and sometimes load-stalls or "hitches" you're willing to put up with (hard drive speed and main DRAM).

A. 1440x900 = 1,296,000 pixels
B. 1680x1050 = 1,764,000 pixels (1.36 x A)
C. 1920x1200 = 2,304,000 pixels (1.78 x A)
D. 2560x1600 = 4,096,000 pixels (3.16 x A, 1.78 x C)

SLI basically gives you the next resolution up for "free"
Old 2012-06-06, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Wait, I'm sorry wasn't it said somewhere that it was going to be tailored for older machines? I'm upgrading mine soon(Buying a branded one, probably HP) and I'd like to know if I'll have another Crysis 2 to deal with. I'm not talking a terrible rig running high, but I doubt one can run it low with all the people around.
Old 2012-06-06, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Patek
Private

looks like i need a new cpu lol
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion