Playername reservation - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where 1 out of your 10 quotes gets accepted.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-08, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Dubious
Sergeant

Re: Playername reservation

Originally Posted by Pollo Jack View Post
Vets above BR 6 should get reservations, no one else. If you join the beta you get to familiarize yourself with the weapons and then your character is wiped, just like the old beta.

Reservations expire after a month.
Vets BR20+ !!

If your not over 20 you didnt really play the game much
Old 2012-07-08, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Vets BR20+ !!

If your not over 20 you didnt really play the game much
Or you could drop the elitism and let people who help with closed Beta reserve names ;-)
Old 2012-07-08, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
TAA
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
For many people and Outfits it would be the end of the world (in reality their playable server choice), these names are our identities and we have the right to keep our identities.
Absolutely right.

I am not a PS1 vet, but I have been using my name for a long long time online. No, it is not the name I am using here on these forums.

I got a beta key so that I could get in early in the hopes of being able to keep my character name in the transition to release. The name I actually use often gets taken in new games I play, and since I am planning for PS2 to be my new home for many years to come I am just not taking any chances with this one. Hence the pseudonym on these forums until I get my name reserved.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TAA View Post
Absolutely right.

I am not a PS1 vet, but I have been using my name for a long long time online. No, it is not the name I am using here on these forums.

I got a beta key so that I could get in early in the hopes of being able to keep my character name in the transition to release. The name I actually use often gets taken in new games I play, and since I am planning for PS2 to be my new home for many years to come I am just not taking any chances with this one. Hence the pseudonym on these forums until I get my name reserved.
Tiger, Ahh, Ahh?
Old 2012-07-08, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
therandomone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
Tiger, Ahh, Ahh?
Try Again....Again
Old 2012-07-08, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

anyone who played ps1 "for years" like most vets did, is at minimum br20 at this point. that is roughly what i define as a "vet" these days. I'm actually willing to go lower than that and say BR15-18 on ps1 should flag for "vet" status.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Stardouser
Colonel

Ah, this topic is back! You'd think SOE would have some more info by now on what their plans for this are. Because vets certainly want their name, and I see that non-vets want to use beta as name reservation.

But aren't names going to be unique on a per server basis?

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-07-08 at 12:10 PM.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Dubious
Sergeant

if names cant be reserved ill try to steal as many names i can
Old 2012-07-08, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
anyone who played ps1 "for years" like most vets did, is at minimum br20 at this point. that is roughly what i define as a "vet" these days. I'm actually willing to go lower than that and say BR15-18 on ps1 should flag for "vet" status.
I'm BR13 simply because I played 10+ characters fairly equally, and I shared an account with my brother. I'm a vet, because I played PS1, and still do.

I think the best way would simply be for them to flag every account that has logged on since the free 30 days was given, and go from there. Not only those accounts, but that could help narrow it down.

Anyways, I have one sole name that I want, and hopefully no one steals it!
Old 2012-07-08, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Furber
First Sergeant

They should not pull every name made in PS1 and tag it as a reserved name, there are so many dead and abandoned trial accounts as well as tons of alt characters that it would be a disaster. I think every vet (paid at least 1 month of subscription) should be able to reserve 1, maybe 2 names for Planetside 2.
Old 2012-07-08, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Wouldnt it just be simplest to say anyone who ever subscribed(as in paid money) for PS1 is allowed to reserve ONE name off of their current current PS1 account?

Looking at BR level is just dumb because many peoples high BR toon has an unwanted "k" or "w" at the end and they have the name they actually want on a low BR alt that existed before a server merge.
Old 2012-07-08, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'll be taking my name on all servers, unless it is reserved, whether or not I will play there.

Old 2012-07-08, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I'll be taking my name on all servers, unless it is reserved, whether or not I will play there.
^ that for me as well.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-08, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
^ that for me as well.
Ditto.

They should not reserve any names from characters in PS1, many, many, many people chose their name 10 years ago and no longer use it, not to mention all the people who made their characters and abandoned PS1 altogether. They should just determine some parameters for vet status based on SOE account and just say "These people can choose a name now, names are first come first serve."
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-07-08, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Silverfish
Private

Ummmm, clearly the easiest way is to do absolutely nothing about reservations and let it just be a big cluster fuc....race to the good names.

And can you believe someone had already taken the name Silverfish on day two of PS1? They never even played! Made me put a 25 on the end of my name.

Stupid twat.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion