Planetside Universe should --> - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you're looking up here, you have too much free time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-24, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SavageB
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside Universe should -->

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
I would also really like to see a database where you can look up what specific players are speccing in. If not an all-encompassing database, then I'd at least like the ability to send a link to my own skill tree to friends. Something similar to Wowhead's talent calculator:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#ohhobZcfMrkzRMsfo

-HC13
Exactly, but i can see everyone going with cookie cutter builds that some of the best players have lol...nothing wrong with it.
Old 2011-07-24, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Something I certainly want to do

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2011-07-24, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SavageB
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Something I certainly want to do
Old 2011-07-24, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Desoxy
Corporal

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
And how does shlong waving and bragging NOT benefit a competitive FPS game?
Well, if you track things like deaths, for instance, most people want high K/D and play it save rather than trying some ludicrous ideas.. which COULD result in rather boring play styles (attackers waiting for defenders to pop out their heads and vice versa)..
Old 2011-07-24, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Bags
Lieutenant General

People already value high K/D.
Old 2011-07-24, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Desoxy View Post
Well, if you track things like deaths, for instance, most people want high K/D and play it save rather than trying some ludicrous ideas.. which COULD result in rather boring play styles (attackers waiting for defenders to pop out their heads and vice versa)..
People play like that now in the current version of Planetside and there's no stat tracking.

I think people like that now because they game has been out for quite some time and people have already found the best strategies for staying alive and no one wants to differentiate too much.

When the game first comes out people will be much more reluctant to try out new things, especially with the addition of new content over the next 3 years.

No matter what you're going to have your killwhores you value their KD more than a family member and will do anything it takes no matter how lame to keep it high.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-25, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vancha
Colonel

People play like that now in the current version of Planetside and there's no stat tracking.

Grabbed off Google. Granted, they're only session stats, but that's enough to do it.

Still, I think they should be there. Though perhaps deaths shouldn't be publicly viewable or something. I can't remember which game it was (might have been Exteel?), but the amount of stock people started putting into people's K/D ratios was ludicrous, and it's already bad enough in PS with just the merits.
Old 2011-07-25, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SavageB
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post

Grabbed off Google. Granted, they're only session stats, but that's enough to do it.

Still, I think they should be there. Though perhaps deaths shouldn't be publicly viewable or something. I can't remember which game it was (might have been Exteel?), but the amount of stock people started putting into people's K/D ratios was ludicrous, and it's already bad enough in PS with just the merits.
Ya Id like to see some of those stats available for sigs what not along with the armory section idea so you can look up peoples skill trees/certs that they have designated for each class. Plus the basic info like what outfit they are in what server etc.
Old 2011-07-26, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SavageB View Post
PSU , upon release I think it would be a good idea to have like a armory section, so players can lookup other players abilities, BR, CR etc. I know I would be interested in finding out other peoples skill trees, stats, etc. Would something like that be possible with PS2?
eh... I just don't like the whole, HEY! This guy rocks so lets use his same stats... kinda gives me the whole "build" feel.
Old 2011-07-26, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
eh... I just don't like the whole, HEY! This guy rocks so lets use his same stats... kinda gives me the whole "build" feel.
People are going to do that regardless.

Somewhere down the line someone will figure out the "leet build" and the majority of the population will do that. It's like the in every game and PS2 will be no exception. The only catch is that there is THOUSANDS of skills you train this time around.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-26, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
SavageB
First Sergeant

People are going to do that regardless.

Somewhere down the line someone will figure out the "leet build" and the majority of the population will do that. It's like the in every game and PS2 will be no exception. The only catch is that there is THOUSANDS of skills you train this time around.
Ya im with you on this one, it will be done regardless. I think its a good thing that you would be able to see what builds people are using, if someone is excelling in certain areas wouldnt you wanna know what he/she is specialized in?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion