Do you consider the Jackhammer overpowered? (Balance whiners keep out) - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Deploying Sonic Booms since 1999
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the following HA Weapons?
I think the Jackhammer is Overpowered 41 42.71%
I think the jackhammer is well balanced 35 36.46%
I think the jackhammer is underpowered 11 11.46%
I think the MCG is overpowered 15 15.63%
I think the MCG is well balanced 39 40.63%
I think the MCG is underpowered 10 10.42%
I think the Lasher is overpowered 13 13.54%
I think the lasher is well balanced 36 37.50%
I think the lasher is underpowered 16 16.67%
I think HA should be removed from the game entirely 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-23, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

What makes me laugh is this:
This was posted to the official forums and provoked an interesting debate, so as much as I hate balance arguments, I think this would be fun to discuss. The main topic is jackhammer, but vote your mind on all of the above.
Did anyone else smell something funky while reading that? A good discussion on the official boards and a "fun" balance discussion...

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-12-23, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
apachepilotpat

Wink

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER
whats ha?
HA = Heavy Assult

Old 2003-12-23, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
What makes me laugh is this:

Did anyone else smell something funky while reading that? A good discussion on the official boards and a "fun" balance discussion...
Don't like it? Nobody is forcing you to read.
Old 2003-12-23, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
beave
Private

It's not really the JH that is overpowered. Although, they should get rid of the secondary fire mode.

The problem is the Surge Monkeys and the players that are exploiting the Overcolocking bug in PS. It is very hard to hit the Surge monkeys with anything, even another JH.

BTW, if you exploit the game, that is considered cheating by the other players. Basically if you need to cheat to feel superior than the others, you need re-evaluate you life.

Woof!

Last edited by beave; 2003-12-23 at 09:45 AM.
Old 2003-12-23, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Not predictably at all, the vast majority of the 'well-balanced' voters happen to wear blue. I'm quite content in my 'dump the whole thing' vote.
Old 2003-12-23, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Spee
Yes, I believe it's balanced. Mainly because The only time you can take out someone who's outside, which is 90% of where I fight, is if you catch them off guard, or come behind them.

Also, if the enemy is stupid, it's absoloutly decimating. I took out 5 Rexo's in a stairwell, simply because they wouldnt turn the corner to kill me, in my standard armor.
^ what he said...
Old 2003-12-23, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Heavy assault weapons are balanced to eachother, but not to anything else in the game.

Nerf them all.
Old 2003-12-23, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

What amused me was the note on the title of the thread about balance whiners keeping out. It�s been my experience that the people who don�t want game balance, and who complain about people who bring it up for discussion, are those who are enjoying the benefit of an imbalance. So imagine my shock to see the thread poster wears blue. Statistically the NC get 10% more kills per player on average than any other empire. That alone defines a problem. For the NC it comes in 2 flavors: The Jackhammer and the Vanguard.

IMHO the Jackhammer is over powered only because of its secondary fire mode. This is fairly obvious. The Vanguard�s advantages are a little more subtle, well besides the not-so-subtle main gun power. But, they are enough to make a difference. My biggest killing sprees in the game have been with Agile/Jackhammer and gunning in a Vanguard with a good driver. The other HA and Tanks just don�t compare. And the stats, i.e. the facts, not opinion back this up.
Old 2003-12-23, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
EarlyDawn
Major General

I agree that the secondary fire should be taken out.

As for my credentials, I also play Terran so don't accuse me of being biased. I've had the jackhammer for a little under a week and I'm probably going to decert it today because it is generally useless for the role I want to play, Pilot and Support.
Old 2003-12-23, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by LNS0388
I agree that the secondary fire should be taken out.

As for my credentials, I also play Terran so don't accuse me of being biased. I've had the jackhammer for a little under a week and I'm probably going to decert it today because it is generally useless for the role I want to play, Pilot and Support.
I think most of us play more than one empire, but I also think that just about all of us are biased towards the empire we play the most. Heck, I think it's imperative to play multiple empires to truly have any idea what is/isn't overpowered. I know I used to think the Striker wasn't too powerful against air until I played the AA MAXs for a while and realized how much more potent the Striker was than they were.

The impression one gets from seeing threads like these is that if a weapon is under scrutiny then the people who normally play the empire which benefits from that weapon will swoop in with a staunch defense of it. It happened with the Striker, it happened with the uberLasher (and the poor VS did get screwed only having it for 2 weeks in that buffed out state, the other empires have gotten to enjoy their overpowered stuff for much longer before it got yanked), and it happened/happens with the Jackhammer. It's the circle of life.
Old 2003-12-23, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Professor Frink
Staff Sergeant

HA is quite well balanced. I get frustrated by Sugile Noobhammers but my Lasher is pretty deadly too. This may be for another thread but if they do impliment a fix on HA/Surge, maybe give the JH a LITTLE better range. Not much but enough to do a bit of damage beyond 20 meters. Also the NC wont bitch as much. Just a thought.
Old 2003-12-23, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
EarlyDawn
Major General

Like I said. This thread is targetted at observing community reaction to each weapon, I'm not defending anything. I voted my mind just like everyone else did. If you feel I'm "protecting my treasured weapon", so be it.

My comment on the topic was admittedly misworded, I meant to imply that people who stick their heads in just to tell people to stop bitching about weapon balance shouldn't bother posting. It wouldn't be much of a discussion if people didn't comment
Old 2003-12-23, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

theyre balanced but like some have said surge+HA=killing spree. so i say take out HART and HA.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-12-23, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
EarlyDawn
Major General

I'd love to see Surge and the HART get taken out.
Old 2003-12-23, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

All the weapons are fine, shit can surge (and the HART).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion