SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in beta! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are we done here?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-12-12, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Terrorsauce
Private

SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in beta!

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...n.65279/page-2

Pretty much dead on. We are not playing the real release version of PS2, but yet another beta build. Now that this is being called out, SOE is locking threads trying to keep it on the low.

Its time to let people know they are still in BETA!
Old 2012-12-12, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in b

It's so obvious! Not at all because of it being as unconstructive as a turd with a nail in it.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-12-12, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in b

Omg the sky is falling!!!

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-12-12, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SlotJockey
Private

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Omg the sky is falling!!!
I think I have an Umbrella for these sky falling threads.......
Old 2012-12-12, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-12-12, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
velleity
Corporal

Seems more like alpha.
Old 2012-12-12, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Crator
Major General

Oh noes! We've all been fooled!

Old 2012-12-12, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

In case you are not aware, the founder of these forums has also been censoring people complaining about supposedly illegitimate bans. If we can't trust the founder of what has been the true forum for planetside fans not to bow to pressure from SOE (due to perhaps getting a little too chummy with them) then you can't expect much more here.

Where do we talk, where can we express freedom of speech without moderation from Sony? The same happened in the last MMO I played, Warhammer Online. EA Mythic actually bought up the company that hosted the most popular (and previously unrelated) forum for the game in order to extend the reach of its control over what people said about the game or other players.

Made me feel ill watching that lock on a thread about bans.

Do we need a new forum?
Old 2012-12-12, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Freedom of speech on a forum? Shirley you must be joking.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-12-12, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

I'll let everyone in on the big secret.

The thread was non-constructive and provides no useful feedback to our development team. So yes, I closed it. And as I stated to you, if this is censoring I'm doing a pretty poor job of it.

To answer the concern? Of course this isn't Beta. It's like saying World of Warcraft, Battlefield 3 or any other multiplayer game hasn't launched because they are still making changes. It's semantics and honestly a little silly.

Feel free to focus on actual gameplay concerns and I can guarantee your thread a long and happy life on the forums.

To answer the concern about "false bans" we are shutting those down as well. Creating forum threads on the topic really isn't helping the issue. The Development team does not ban people and we can't discuss our process. Letting people run wild with their imagination only compounds the issue.
Old 2012-12-12, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
In case you are not aware, the founder of these forums has also been censoring people complaining about supposedly illegitimate bans. If we can't trust the founder of what has been the true forum for planetside fans not to bow to pressure from SOE (due to perhaps getting a little too chummy with them) then you can't expect much more here.

Where do we talk, where can we express freedom of speech without moderation from Sony? The same happened in the last MMO I played, Warhammer Online. EA Mythic actually bought up the company that hosted the most popular (and previously unrelated) forum for the game in order to extend the reach of its control over what people said about the game or other players.

Do we need a new forum?
Now THAT is some tinfoil hat shit right there

And y'all are still worried about being in 'beta', I dunno if I'd call it beta but I'd be disappointed in the extreme if this was supposed to be the Planetside game we've been dreaming about for years. There's alot of work to be done and SOE is putting in that work. We gotta make sure that we're putting up high quality posts with as little bias and ambiguity as possible so they can be effective (Yes, I am aware this makes me a massive hypocrite).

Last edited by bpostal; 2012-12-12 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Clairty
Old 2012-12-12, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
fod
Master Sergeant

urgh not this thread/subject again

i read the original thread and it said something about having to download the game again or something

1) where is his proof that we will have to download the whole game again
2) who cares if we have to download the whole game again

i like to bitch and whine about planetside just like most people but a lot of the complaining i have seen lately has been over silly pointless stufflike this and its making the real issues get drowned
Old 2012-12-12, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Come on Radar you can tell me. Your real secret is that you're leading a Cthulhu cult as the high dagon.

Old 2012-12-12, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Simokon
Corporal

SoE is so worried about it they posted in this thread! /conspiracy
Old 2012-12-12, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post

Do we need a new forum?

I like this forum but I share your concern.

It certainly feels like some bad bans were made but SOE wasnt willing to reverse those bans unless they could be sure no one would make fun of them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion