So close... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Screw Ask Jeeves, Ask Hamma.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-11, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

So close...

What I really hate is I just came back from a battle I've fought all night, between all three empires at Baal on isundar. Then finally the hack was 1:00 and our NTU supply was 10% and it was almost all out. This would of been defiantly a 5k cap but when we almost got the base it says "you have left the world" and it kicks me off. So I would like to know from anyone today who fought on isundar at Baal, did the hack make it? Would be horrible for us to try so hard but in the end only get 100xp from it.
Old 2003-09-11, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

OOOOO, I fuking hate when it does that to me. i usually just join the server again, and it boots me back to where I was.
Old 2003-09-12, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Caspertoo
Sergeant

Oh this happens to us all at times, we lose connection or something or it crashes. I think I've lost at least a couple 5k'rs. Worst is when your totally to blame. I believe I was in a reaver hovering over a base I had been attacking for a while, when a skeeter comes in and I chase him out, out of the sphere of influence, it got capped while I was out, leaving me with nothing. LOL
Old 2003-09-12, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SweetTater
Corporal

What I really hate is I just came back from a battle I've fought all night, between all three empires at Baal on isundar.
Was this on Konried last night? I know the server crashed during the fight and everything was rolled back to the last saved spot. Right before the crash I was killed in a tower in a MAX suit. After I came back from the crash, I was outside that tower wearing my max suit again.
Old 2003-09-12, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I had this happen to me a couple of times last night. Really frustrating
Old 2003-09-12, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Caspertoo
Oh this happens to us all at times, we lose connection or something or it crashes. I think I've lost at least a couple 5k'rs. Worst is when your totally to blame. I believe I was in a reaver hovering over a base I had been attacking for a while, when a skeeter comes in and I chase him out, out of the sphere of influence, it got capped while I was out, leaving me with nothing. LOL
Huh? If you spent time in the SOI you get points, it wouldn't leave you with nothing.
Old 2003-09-12, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Ive had that happen to me before.... that really sucks.
Old 2003-09-12, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Intruder
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Caspertoo
I believe I was in a reaver hovering over a base I had been attacking for a while, when a skeeter comes in and I chase him out, out of the sphere of influence, it got capped while I was out, leaving me with nothing. LOL

Hmmm, mustnt notice the exp then.. because you get exp even if your not in the SOI when the hack goes thru (its a common misconception)
The only time you will not get the exp you deserve is when your not on the same continent when the hack goes thru.

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-09-12, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

man I woulda been seriously ticked
Old 2003-09-12, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yea it kicked me out once too. and when I logged back in, I was just where I was, dead, and I was still in my squad. its like going LD but you're not off long enough for it to kick your character from the game world.
Old 2003-09-12, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, as far as I know, you get experiance if you visit the hacked SOI at least once before the hack goes through. As long as you do that, you get the exp. As far as I know, and from what I've read, it doesn't matter how long you stay within an SOI. You get exp for the number of unique kills made AFTER you visit that SOI and BEFORE the hack goes through. So if your at the SOI as the base is hacked, you get ALL the exp for the hack. I may be wrong about this. It may be that you get ALL the experiance for a hack, as long as you visit the SOI before the hack is through, and it doesn't matter when you visit, you'll get exp for all the unique kills, but from the way I read the notepad message, my first assessment is close to correct, if not completely correct.

I'll spell it out.... Hack is on.... Soldier A gets killed, Soldier B gets killed. You visit SOI. Soldier B gets killed again, and then again. Soldier C gets killed. But soldier A doesn't come back. So, in essence, you get exp for Soldier B, and C but not A, because Soldier B get killed AFter you came to SOI, so the server marks that as a unique kill for your exp cap, but not Soldier A, as his Unique kill was taken before your visit to SOI. You also get exp for Soldier C's kill.

Last edited by Flammey; 2003-09-12 at 10:51 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion