Question regarding PS1 Vets - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Am I in heaven?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-12, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kujo
Private

Question Question regarding PS1 Vets

Forgive me if this has been answered here before. I tried googling and couldn't find any info.

I noticed Higby said PS1 vets don't need beta keys. What happens if they do use a beta key though? Does it unflag their accounts as a PS1 Vet and use the beta key instead?

I ask because I'm a PS1 Vet but last month I put in a beta key from Twitter that a friend gave me. After that, my account wasn't flagged for the free 30 days of PS1 and I had to contact SOE support to get it. So I'm a bit paranoid about my PS1 Veteran status with regards to the beta.
Old 2012-07-12, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Question regarding PS1 Vets

My account is a PS1 vet account, but I did register a PC Gamer priority key as well (I figured why not).

I was never worried because I assume when they get the list of vet accounts, they'll just query for accounts who were active in PS1 since before some recent date. Wheather or not a key was ever registered shouldn't come into the picture.

Now you got me worrying though.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SpamValiant
Private

I'm in the same boat, as are one or two of my outfit mates. Never thought about whether there'd be a downside to using the PCG beta key, but I suppose it might complicate things if SOE aren't on the ball
Old 2012-07-12, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Pimsley
Private

Why worry? According to the sticky Hig posted, all keys are priority as well as being a vet. Long story short, there is no priority. Vets=PC gamer key=I posted a fail meme on twitter and got a key=E3 as far as chances of getting in. If you are flagged, you have the same odds as anyone that has a key vs. those that just went to the PS2 site to apply without them.

Last edited by Pimsley; 2012-07-12 at 05:24 PM.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kujo
Private

Well, I think PCG keys are in the same pool as PS1 Vets, or at least that's the impression I've been given from reading other information about it. So even if you're flagged as a PCG key account, you're probably no worse for the wear.

Our priority invitees are those of you who are PlanetSide vets, and those who have priority beta keys (i.e. keys from the PC Gamer magazines), as well as those who received keys from members of the dev teams or at E3
I, however, used a Twitter key which hasn't been mentioned as having the same priority, so I fear I may have screwed myself out of the first priority pool that my PS1 Veteran status would have granted me.

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, but when my account didn't get automatically reactivated for the PS1 30 free days that all PS1 Vets were supposed to get, that kind of scared me.

Last edited by Kujo; 2012-07-12 at 05:30 PM.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Pimsley
Private

If you have a key, you will be alright, Kujo. All those without them (website sign-ups) are the ones that are in the lower priority bracket.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pimsley View Post
If you have a key, you will be alright, Kujo. All those without them (website sign-ups) are the ones that are in the lower priority bracket.
This is what I believe as well.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Merzun
Corporal

Have the same problem except I signed up for normal beta back in January with my veteran account. Haven't received the 30 days nor the survey mail.
I noticed though that I used a game time card for payment once, perhaps there is a prob, but I doubt that this is the cause
of it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion