Doesn't PSU Deserve credit? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It makes one hell of a fondu!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-26, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
l3lizz4rd
Master Sergeant

I posted my 2 cents, probably wont help but I'm bored. And I wouldn't compare OF to Compton. I'd compare it more to junior high, with a 4th grade reading level.
Old 2004-04-26, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

That's true, 4th grade is a better analogy. They actually don't hurt you physically(I think school shootings start at 6th grade now).

For all the flaming you guys say they do there, I wish you didn't stoop to their level on that thread.
Old 2004-04-26, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

It's like the old saying: "Don't argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I feel sorry for Flynt mostly. When you create something as good as that (and you tend to be biased anyway ), the worst thing that can happen is that no credit is given. I mean if someone was claiming it as their own you can point your anger at that person and can prove that that person is a liar and prove it was your creation. But when no credit at all is given, it's worse because it's anger mixed with the frustration that, well I can't describe it. It's like how indifference is worse than hate because you can respond and deal with hate but not indifference? I dunno I'm rambling. But I guess I was just trying to point out that just because Vash666 didn't claim it as his own doesn't mean he hasn't hurt the people responsible.
Old 2004-04-26, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
WolfA4
Sergeant

the stupidity of the official forums is so dense that it creates a massive gravitational pull in which intelligence, logic, and reasoning can not escape and is ultimately obliterated.

simply saying "give credit where credit is due" should have been sufficient, for them to comply with.
Old 2004-04-26, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
keaoi
Master Sergeant

I thought Hamma was in the proper tone and assertiveness. This Vash666 idiot posted a link with no credit. No harm no foul right? No, he also hosted it using his own webspace which to me is just as good as saying, "I made this."

And the reaction from the trolls there make me want to resubscribe, form an alliance of PSU regulars, and hunt these guys down. Amazing how much a 12yr olds balls grow when they have a computer screen and cyberspace standing between us. But rest assured. Do that IRL, you'll get your ass kicked and be looking at a lawsuit.

(NOTE: Im not subscribed, so I posted my feeling here as I can't post there, which is stupid.)
Old 2004-04-26, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Miir
Malvision

I've had similar experiences in the past with movies being re-posted or footage even being re-edited into someone elses movies. It sucks... but I've come to the conclusion that is the nature of the internet.
Old 2004-04-26, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Also, this is the OFFICIAL FORUMS we're talking about.

It's crazy over there .
Old 2004-04-26, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
BIGTROJANMAN
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Marsman
Many people have asked about downloading the commercials. The answer has always been no, because these commercials are exclusive property to AGN/PSU. The originals to all the commercials are full quality and never have been, nor ever will be available for public download.

The shoutcasts have always been 24bps so that even modem users can listen. While it would have been just as easy to edit out the breaks in the Community Night and Ask the Devs recordings, we left the break commercials intact so that users would at least have SOME place to hear the commecials just as those who tuned in live at 24kbps did.

We have even been properly "asked" by those who wished to use parts of the commercials in other projects providing they gave full credit to the source, (get a hint! to whoever extracted this and posted it: that's how it's done) to which we said yes and thanked them for asking FIRST and for OFFERING to properly credit the source. I expected most of the community would agree with all this.

However, it appears that some feel like just because there wasn't a sign saying they couldn't, or nothing else was stopping them, they can just take whatever they feel like despite what any amount of common sense would dictate. Cries of "I never claimed it was mine" fall on deaf ears here. You never claimed it wasn't yours either, so with just a link and nothing else, to many it "implies" you are the author/creator/source of some kind. It was my impression when I first read the thread - I sure many others as well.

Since there are some who apparently have to see a "sign" in order to have a brain:

All AGN Downloads are the intellectual and artistic property of AGN/PSU. Any use of these recordings, or use of any part or parts contained within, without the expressed consent of the Staff at AGN/PSU is strictly prohibited.

I am truly disturbed by the attitude of some people on the OF and most of my comments here are directed towards them - not the PSU forum users. Those who are here in PSU are here because of attitudes like this on the OF. I was hoping the new boards might generate a little more civility - Sadly, I can see that it has not.
so what your saying is theres a copyright law violation.
Old 2004-04-26, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Marsman, and Hamma. You guys should put that on the screen where you download the files. That way they have to understand it.

It might seem like a small thing. But most of these people have small things, and that is all they can understand.
Old 2004-04-26, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea, I intend to

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-04-26, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

that thread on the OF makes me burn inside.
Old 2004-04-26, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

/agreeded

I hate it when i say somethign to sombody and then they tell somebody else and use it as thier idea

Like when i found spork's surpize and the person i told posted it up as thier finding **cough BIO cough**

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-04-26 at 10:46 PM.
Old 2004-04-27, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Buzzcut is a complete and utter asshole, I reported a few of his posts just to spite him, and I hope he eventually goes the way of GODJOEY.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-04-27, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I'm pretty sure I had a post in here asking if the thread had been deleted on the Official Forums. I get a page-not-found error.
Old 2004-04-27, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
VashLash
Private

If you all wanted the people on the OF to see them, you should've posted them there yourselves. I recieved them in a e-mail from my friend and thought they were hilarious. Why the hell would I go around looking for a source of who created it? I asked him where he got it and he said a DEV chat or something, I didnt know the DEV chat would be on PSU.

Overreacting..........
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion