Dogfighting - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because someday the mullet will go back in style.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-05, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Im glad im on ur side! Shit, too many peeps have AV now, making it a lil' harder for me to countinue owning the skiez if the skiez ain't flyable!

AV are the only peeps that kill me in the sky, no MAX or Vech can take me!

They should add countermeasures and Pluralize missle lock (s). It tells u about the first one, but it forgets to mention the 50 others

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-05-05, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

No three is no dogfighting. There is hover around in circles while holding down the trigger. Don't mind me, just hate the flight engine a little...ok, a lot.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-05-05, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Freedon
Private

The flight engine is not as good as it could be. Planes can not fly upside down or anything like that. So you are restricted in that way. It looks like they used the same engine for vehicles and air craft so you have the same limitations.

I still am impressed by the player who flew through the front gate at top speed though.
Old 2003-05-05, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

It's not so much the fact I can't to loops or anything as much as it is the control just doesn't feel smooth. Hard to explain but it just feels really jerky to me /shrug

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-05-05, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Virtuoso
Corporal

I can safely say, after a few hours of flying the other night, that the flight engine in PlanetSide is sorely lacking. They need to do a few things to make it easier to use and more realistic.

-Virt
Old 2003-05-05, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont know, I like the flight system, thought I would hate it, but I actually like it. I have had some very sweet dog fights flying over clifs, under bridges, through trees, through bases, etc.... If you are good, you can make a mos do some very cool things. Sure, there is not inverted flight, loops, etc, but you can still do quite a bit from just raise lower hight and tilt/fly combos with boost on the side...

It is not dogfighting like planes, more like dog fighting with choppers, not quite the moves, but you can still do some sweet things at those very very high speeds (a good dog fight, you can end up flying all over a cont or 2 a couple times over) very fun IMO.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-05-05, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
PeregineDive
Staff Sergeant

damn you Vulcan! Now I am itching to kill someone for their beta account. Only thing I want to do is be a pilot =P Quick question tho, you said you can't do loops(takes all the fun out), but you can pull off other nifty tricks. Can you do rolls? I know that it is a really important aspect of jiggin' to avoid fire and AA

-PD
Old 2003-05-05, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

you can NOT invert your plane at any time *ulness it crashes*

So, you have go up, down (chopper like), forward, back, left right, tilt up and down, turn left and right, and any combo of those:
ie: you can streif left and right just like rolling, etc

With boost, you can do some neat things. (stop and go on a dime, helps to change your direction quickly)

No, it is not anything like a flight sim (loops, rools, etc), but it is very fun in its own respect.

Oh, and trees are the best thing for anti AA fire (lock missles, guided missles, etc), just fly through a thick forest at full boost, if that doesnt get your heart pumping, nothing will It can be tricky flying through a forest at full, but very fun....
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."

Last edited by MrVulcan; 2003-05-05 at 12:16 PM.
Old 2003-05-05, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Shadowsword8
Contributor
Corporal

Running into a forest is a good thing to avoid enemy missiles, but you don't know what you'll find in that forest

I usually take cover in the trees before I shoulder my Phoenix launcher... In one day I destroyed 4 reavers and 2 mosquitos, and damaged many more...
I don't count anymore the number of MAXs I destroyed.
Surely you, but never I.
Old 2003-05-05, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

I love sitting on the TOP of the trees overlooking a base or where lots is going on. If you can find a thick forest (like thats hard in most places lol) then you can walk around up there and find some very good hiding spots under the leaves of 1 tree and standing on another, then shooting a sniper or phoenix, now that is great, having several maxs go looking for you only to pick them off 1 by 1
Old 2003-05-05, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Maninthealley
Private

Whats more fun, Reavers, Max's,or normal troops (in reinforced armor)?
Old 2003-05-05, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Destroyeron
Troll x2

I am now recalculating my certs to incorporate the Mosquito....

I like it cause it doesn't show up on radar, and I'm not a very good pilot, so I need as much cover as possible, lol.
Old 2003-05-05, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
BlakkyZ8
Staff Sergeant

What is more fun to use... Mos or Reaver?

Visit The TR Elite Guard

Join The TR Elite Guard

TReG Pwnz j00 like a Car

Old 2003-05-05, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

well, I love my mos and will never give it up. It is the king of the skies, and I can take down several reavers and galaxies before they can take me down (I find that 2 reavers attacking 1 mos is about even if they are all good)

But the mos is not a great anti land craft, I can take out inf alright (if they are not AV inf) and a max or two, but it is for scouting and anti air

The reaver is very good at taking out tanks, base turrets, and just about all ground troops (though inf takes way too many rockets for it to be a real valid tactic due to its very limited ammo). It is ok at shooting down gals...

But the Reaver is designed more as an A-10, the Mos is a f-14

You can maneuver much better with a mos, but then again, your valid targets are less, and you cant take as much (though if your good, I find that you can actually last longer due to how hard it is to hit you, and your not bearing down on AA all the time)

So, it is your taste, they are both good in the right hands (and junk in the hands of a novice)
I would get in the VR to see what you like
Old 2003-05-05, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Cyanide
Major

I was a reaver pilot for a while in beta. Gave it up though cause it got boring with no real dog fighting competition. The only thing that ever killed me were locking missles (you can shake them but it seems like they can follow you forever). Skeeters are good dog fighters on paper because they can fly circles around a reaver. However, their chaingun does crap against reaver armor and reavers will chew them up if they get a good shot. Reavers are the air superiority fighters and the ground pounders in PS. Skeeters are scouts and fast solo transport (good for snipers and sabatores). One thing though. If you want to be a dog fighter in this game learn to fly like a helicopter pilot. The aircraft in this game can't do loops or barrel rolls so once somebody is behind you there's no way to get them infront of you unless you just stop and pivot around like a helicopter. People who fly the reaver like a helicopter do much better in PS than people who can't drive it through their heads that the reaver is not an F-15.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion