Outfit uniforms - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where's the beef?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-17, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Outfit uniforms

Simply put. Visual purchase for an entire outfit to have a uniform, customisable in specific ways by outfit leader.

Additionally, an interesting facet of this would be to allow the leader/officers a toggle switch, during outfit ops leader/officers enforce uniforms, everyone is automatically switched to outfit uniform. During outfit off hours, no enforcement, all members revert to their own personal unique snowflake choices for their visuals.

Discuss and expand.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-17, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Re: Outfit uniforms

As I understand, this is already in the plans. Even as far as having an outfit submit designs for the devs to cosmetically create armor for that outfit, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2012-03-17, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
Simply put. Visual purchase for an entire outfit to have a uniform, customisable in specific ways by outfit leader.

Additionally, an interesting facet of this would be to allow the leader/officers a toggle switch, during outfit ops leader/officers enforce uniforms, everyone is automatically switched to outfit uniform. During outfit off hours, no enforcement, all members revert to their own personal unique snowflake choices for their visuals.

Discuss and expand.
/surewhynot

But I think it's the idea vault thread...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-17, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
XPquant
Sergeant

Not sure about all that off hours jazz but I have been wondering about this myself. I would love to see a robust outfit uniform creation system so we can create our own themes across classes. Being able to assign said uniforms to different outfit ranks would be nice as well, limited only by how many the outfit would like to purchase.
Old 2012-03-17, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NCLynx
Major

Could be cool. Although it'd likely be something purchased in the cash shop.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-03-17, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
Could be cool. Although it'd likely be something purchased in the cash shop.
That is the proposal. Any other way is just being greedy, serious outfits will all be more than willing.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-17, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

It'd be cool if an outfit leader could buy items from the store for the outfit, and possibly pay outfit resources for it.

Buy for Self 100
Buy for Outfit 2000

Something like that. Perhaps everyone can buy stuff for their outfit, but only the outfit leader chooses which customizations are part of the uniform.
Old 2012-03-17, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kipper
Captain

I'm all for outfits having a consistent look for coolness factor - but the caveat has to be only if the individual player consents.

Imagine having spent your hard earned cash on what you think is a really cool set of cosmetic upgrades to your appearance, and someone else gets to control whether or not you can use them..... Which could happen a lot if you're in an outfit that's quite active and have leaders that are quite anal.

The leader/those with permissions should be able to designate one or more outfit 'uniforms' that their members can access quickly if people are all up for it, that's a good idea because that saves people a lot of time spent trying to copy/share designs when they should be shooting enemies.

How would it work with cash shop items? You can't expect the leader to pay for one item and have it available for the rest of the outfit. Maybe temporarily at the cost of in-game stuff, or maybe when you try to change into it you're politely informed that you need to part with some RL moolah... done right, that could be a good bit of extra revenue to support the game.
Old 2012-03-17, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

It would be a great way to distinguish your outfit. Much more recognizable than a simple logo. Doesn't need to be a cash shop item though.
Old 2012-03-17, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DayOne
Captain

There does seem to be a big lean towards outfits identity. I imagine this or something similar will be added, even if not at launch.

This is a good thing.

EDIT: also there should be an ability to allow different uniforms to different ranks. That would be quite important.

Last edited by DayOne; 2012-03-17 at 08:48 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-17, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
I'm all for outfits having a consistent look for coolness factor - but the caveat has to be only if the individual player consents.
They consented when they accepted the outfit invite. They can opt out of a uniform by leaving said outfit.
Old 2012-03-17, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
They consented when they accepted the outfit invite. They can opt out of a uniform by leaving said outfit.
No. Thats not the way it should work Malorn. Said leader wants you to wear a specific uniform to be in the outfit, and you get the boot or have to leave if you dont? No, because that player might be a significantly active or good player and now the whole entire faction is losing out on having someone in an active group of good players due to some stupid cosmetic thing.

Give them the option, if you want to make it mandatory for operation nights, fine but not perma. That would just be silly and lame.
Old 2012-03-17, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
And thus depriving Planetside 2 of income. Why would anyone in an outfit buy cash-shop cosmetics they never got to use?

And if they stay out of an outfit in order to use their own cash shop cosmetics, it means people will end up playing solo and we want teamwork.

Of course, if individual 'hard-core' outfits want to impose this on their members and everyone consents to it, then fine - but that's a discussion for individual outfits to have on their own forums/teamspeak/whatever and arrange internally. Those who don't want to join such an outfit will find another one more welcoming.

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-03-17 at 09:53 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-17, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
No. Thats not the way it should work Malorn. Said leader wants you to wear a specific uniform to be in the outfit, and you get the boot or have to leave if you dont? No, because that player might be a significantly active or good player and now the whole entire faction is losing out on having someone in an active group of good players due to some stupid cosmetic thing.

Give them the option, if you want to make it mandatory for operation nights, fine but not perma. That would just be silly and lame.
How is the outfit leader booting you for not adhering to the uniform any different than you leaving the outfit because you don't like the uniform requirement?

The enforcement makes things easier on outfit leaders. Either you follow the outfit rules or you don't. If the Outfit leader wants to enforce a uniform that is his prerogative, just like it is your prerogative to go join an outfit that lets you be a unique snowflake.
Old 2012-03-17, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Considering that outfits will be able to specialize and have a cert-like system of their own, I would expect customizations in the Station Store that will be outfit wide. I'd put money on Outfit Decals being purchased in this way.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion