MBTs - 3-man or 2-man - Discuss! - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Y'know, Marsman approves these, too.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-19, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: MBTs - 3-man or 2-man - Discuss!

MBT should be 3-man only. Make each Empire Specific MBT a 3-man. Give the driver more to do (...like driver can lay mines as he drives....EMP, explosive, plasma,.....)

A fully-manned MBT should mow (some quickly, others a good deal longer) any land vehicle - given equally skilled occupants in any vehicles that may engage each other...at least one-on-one.

Lightnings (and later variants (new), ATVs, Fighter Planes,.....there's plenty of vehicles a toon can solo. I wish Deli's were still in the game, but with a little more armor, fire power, manueverability, and speed. The RAIDER was a blast. When we ran 3 (or more) together - it was a force to be reckoned with.

I like cooperative gameplay. PS1 was pretty good at that - especially the first 2 or 3 years it was out....by then, Zergs, camping, TKing, spamming, and repetive gameplay began to lessen the enjopyment factor for many.

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-03-19 at 07:40 PM.
Old 2012-03-19, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
ThGlump
Captain

No mines. Give them short range (1-5m) all around flamethrower for defense against close infantry (with boomers etc), or rechargeable turbo boost, lay timed (up to 30s) explosive, short time shield or invisibility i dont care. Just no easy, no danger, minelaying.
Old 2012-03-19, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
No mines. Give them short range (1-5m) all around flamethrower for defense against close infantry (with boomers etc), or rechargeable turbo boost, lay timed (up to 30s) explosive, short time shield or invisibility i dont care. Just no easy, no danger, minelaying.

I'm not so worried about the specifics - I just threw something out there for the driver to do (besides drive). I'm not a fan of a MBT with a driver/main gunner only looking to KillWhore.

If they made all ES MBT's a bit more formidable than tanks were in PS1.....people would be happy in any of the three seats. I found PLENTY of good and willing drivers in PS1.....what I remember was good PS1 drivers ejecting lousy gunners, or kicking a non-Outfit toon out of the big gun so an Outfit bro could man it......even if his guy was bad.

Can't argue with loyalty

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-03-19 at 07:47 PM.
Old 2012-03-19, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Sighpolice
Corporal

I dunno if it has been mentioned before but BF3 tanks are actually 3 man, there is the option with the guided missile to have a 3rd gunner who laser designates targets, friendly tanks display it as though there are 3/2, so most people think its a bug.

There are plenty of options for a 3rd gunner, and plenty for just a main gunner. Personally I'd like the driver to have the secondary gun, and the gunner to have the main gun, that way it drives like a tank in other games but it lacks the OP 1 man army aspect
Old 2012-03-19, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
HitbackTR
Sergeant

Three man tanks are fine, the Prowler is a shining example why. It was absolutely lethal in the hands of an experienced crew which is also an example of how rewarding the teamwork aspect of Planetside's play-style can be.

One man tank's? No thanks.
Old 2012-03-20, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
dsi
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sighpolice View Post
I dunno if it has been mentioned before but BF3 tanks are actually 3 man, there is the option with the guided missile to have a 3rd gunner who laser designates targets, friendly tanks display it as though there are 3/2, so most people think its a bug.

There are plenty of options for a 3rd gunner, and plenty for just a main gunner. Personally I'd like the driver to have the secondary gun, and the gunner to have the main gun, that way it drives like a tank in other games but it lacks the OP 1 man army aspect
The thread title is kind of misleading, it isn't as much 3-man or 2-man as it is teamwork or no teamwork. If the driver gets control of the main-gun he can focus on doing work while just letting any random killwhore hop in up top and becoming more effective instantly.

If the driver must drive he will look for a good gunner to gun for him, encouraging teamwork, outfit creation (if just for a pool of gunners to pull from, at first) and, as a by-product, making it more likely to find a good secondary gunner as well, because you're already putting work into finding a good gunner, you'd get more from finding a good secondary as well.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion