Please let us know you experience with PS 1 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We tried phone sex once but the holes weren't big enough
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-12-20, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
VelvetAlley
Private

Re: Please let us know you experience with PS 1

VelvetAlley
BR25/CR5 - they raised the BR? Whatever for?

Can't remember when I started playing, going to say 04?
The Lost Minions and Juggernauts

No clue how many kills I acrewed, Reamer has most of them because all I really did was drive a Thresher and Skyguard.

That's about it! Paint it Pink!
VA
Old 2011-12-21, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Fate
Corporal

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
Sorry, but what's the point of this thread? To brag about how many kills you have? To get yourself on the "who's who" of PS? What does this have to do with PS2?
It's actually more along the lines of "What kind of experience do you have with the previous game since you're commenting about the sequel?" I'd like to get a person's background to see why they might be making certain comments. Like someone who hasn't played since '04 and thinks MAX's are fine how they are now, but it's been over 7 years since they've played. Things like that.
Old 2011-12-21, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Xyntech
Brigadier General

BR20 CR3

I got the game shortly after it launched. I wish I had been in for beta, but better luck next time. I messed around solo for a bit, joining random squads. I got recruited into one or two random outfits I think, but nothing was going on with them, so I bailed. Then I played with some guys from The Final Stand, kept playing with them, and then joined the outfit. I had a blast with those guys, and I plan to make some more memories with some of my friends I met there when PS2 goes live.

Real life started creeping in on me more and more though, and I'm sure that the waning populations didn't help. Eventually I just wasn't playing enough that I felt like paying the monthly fee. After that, life kept taking up more time for a while and by the time I started having more free time again, I just drifted more towards non subscription based games.

I haven't played Planetside with any seriousness in a long time. Most of the times I've played in the past several years have been spent messing around outside of battles, starting an alt from scratch, or getting bummed out at the state of the game and leaving again.

I can't really offer a lot of detailed experience on todays PS1 balance issues, but I had my fair share of experience back in the early days. Others are more qualified than me for sure, but I know the basics of what made the game great in it's time.

I've put in a decent amount of time in every role in the game up until BFR's. I've played a fair amount on all three empires. I was never an elite player, but i could fill most roles competently.

I certainly have no place to comment on todays Planetside, but I'm not really interested in todays Planetside. I'm interested in Planetside 2, and making sure that it keeps what was great about the early days of PS1 and avoids it's pitfalls.

I loved Planetside, but to me, it's a game that's been dead for a long time. I don't begrudge anyone who still enjoys it, it's just not the game for me. I hope Planetside 2 will replace that gap for me, and go on filling it for a long time.
Old 2011-12-24, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Gunuko
Corporal

Got the game May 20, 2003. When I first logged into planetside, most of the bases were still nuetral, from the opening of the server. I did get to play my friends account at his house for about 10 minutes during the beta, but that was all I played of that. I remember there was no lattice links, you could hack whatever base you wanted, rexo was only 150 armor. The Pounder max was the Anti Infantry max, and at one point the pounder killed a rexo in about 3-4 shots. 2 Decimater Shots killed max suits. Lasher in patch 2.0 was insane, quad shot jh, surgile was so much fun, the game took much more skill back then to go 1v1 surging against each other, then it does now going 2 mph, so easy to hit the enemy. Oh and of course mowing, back then you would see people getting 15+ mowing kills with the magrider, it was a terrible mechanic the first game had. You would sometimes see 20+ kills in a row by a mowing vehicle.

I made the kill leaderboard right before the first server merges on nc Markov as BlueTiger. I made it to 6th on the NC kill leaderboard eventually a while after the first merge, which says a lot because I played quite a few alternate characters. I have around or close to 180k - 200k kills, on all my characters.

I got 860 kills in one day, and logged with 6 hours left till they totalled all the kills for the day, could have gotten around 1100 kills for the day, if I continued, but I was tired and played a TON!.

I was a console gamer before I started playing this game, played it all with about 5 real life friends. The most fun I had with this game though was when me and my real life friend Klnslayer played the game together in 2004/2005, so many funny moments. We both would cert advanced medic and would rez one another whenever the other died in a battle, we would sneak into bases together and wreak havoc, along with our internet friend, caveslayer.

Had 5 total Cr5's. I got my first cr5 in September 2003. I was in Obsol33t Gods/PcP/Legion of the Damned/Metal Milita/Untouchables.

I was in Obsol33t Gods, which was pretty much an all star outfit, insane amount of talented players, we would take red alert bases back with ease and dismantled any outfit that faced us in tod's. I was also in old school PcP which was a ton of fun, toding Ht/FC back when they were the best oufits there were, was a total blast.

Kill Totals:
BlueTiger (NC - Markov) - 67k
Gunuko (NC - Emerald)- 15k
xNeptenx (VS - Emerald)- 15k
DuHastx (TR - Markov) - 20k
Sonicslayer (TR - Emerald) - 10k
StahlHammer (VS)- 10k
Alts - Around 20k-30k

Last edited by Gunuko; 2012-02-17 at 12:42 PM.
Old 2011-12-24, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

I loved all of it!
Old 2012-01-13, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Webtroll
Private

Webtroll, also known as RedHarpy and who knows what else. Played all 3 factions all over the damned place with different outfits. Love shooting and driving tanks, MAX suits, engineering.
Old 2012-01-14, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

I have played too much .. that's all I have to say.

Last edited by BlazingSun; 2012-01-14 at 08:52 AM.
Old 2012-01-14, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

HMR85: Started playing back in 2003. NC 4 life. I am a one faction kind of guy. I have been playing on and off through out the years. As for kills god only knows how many kills I have. I stopped keeping track years ago. In 2006. I was at 30k+. I would imagine by now I'm some where in the 70K if not 80k or better I don't really know.

I do have a few lowbie alts on the other two factions. But I never really got into them. It just felt wrong.

My current Rank is BR32/CR5... I am in the outfit SquadX. Great group of guys and some of the most fun I have had in the game. I love PS and can't wait for PS2.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-02-03 at 08:40 PM.
Old 2012-01-15, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

I am crazyduckling. NC Markov. I'm sure most do not know who I am.

BR 25.
CR 4.

I started in TMI for about 2 days until my longtime friend Gamermvp got me to join Horsemen of Apocalypse (an off shoot of TMI (The Mobile Infantry) who was an off shoot of the 666 Devil Dogs). We even have our own off shoot: NC Spec Ops. We were an elite armor unit with intentions on returning for PS2. We also ran other ops including Libs, Thundys, BangBuses, etc.

I started in late May 2005...about the 2 year Anniversary of Planetside.

We were also the Naum Defense Force on Hossin before the lattice was changed...because no one wanted to take the time to CE that base...WE WANT NAUM BACK IN PS2!!!

Last edited by Crazyduckling; 2012-01-15 at 01:06 AM.
Old 2012-01-24, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Started at retail release as had just finished uni.

BR20 cr5 @ Dec2003

Kills? across 2 accounts errrm lots

Played solidly until BFR release and the first hackers,

Since then i played perhaps 1-2 months per year around 20hrs a week during that time. Life and work etc means i cannot give up many hours for a broken game

Mercenarys Werner Currently br35
Old 2012-01-24, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
LoOpEd
Private

LoOpEd - Markov

Started PS1 beta and can't remember how long I played... had top kills for a minute but I remember Dreamer caught up and never looked back.

With the news of PS2, I downloaded PS1 to get a feel for it but there's so little action.... oh well.

I'd love to see any of the old school Markov on the same server when it goes live.
Old 2012-01-24, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by LoOpEd View Post
LoOpEd - Markov

Started PS1 beta and can't remember how long I played... had top kills for a minute but I remember Dreamer caught up and never looked back.

With the news of PS2, I downloaded PS1 to get a feel for it but there's so little action.... oh well.

I'd love to see any of the old school Markov on the same server when it goes live.
*BOWS AT THE PRESENCE OF THE LASHER GOD*

Future Crew is still fully operational...maybe not so much in PS though.

Our new site is: Future-crew.net

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-25, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

My dad can beat your dad at Planetside.
Old 2012-01-25, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
*BOWS AT THE PRESENCE OF THE LASHER GOD*

Future Crew is still fully operational...maybe not so much in PS though.

Our new site is: Future-crew.net
Oh my
Old 2012-02-01, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Doublexbaugh, NC Emerald (most call me Double or DXB)

Started playing NC on Emerald a few months after launch in Aug 03. Played almost exclusivly NC for a little over a year then went TR and Joined The Overlords. Played TR when they were active, NC when they weren't (most members didn't stay subbed more than a few months before needing a break). Then Made a VS and joined Dark when Werner came over and 3 empires per server was allowed. On NC I was usually solo and most assumed I was just a tower whore (My outfit was just me and a few of my alts and called Team Tower), but in 05 When I went TR and PSS.net was still up. I was 5th NC for base hacks, 4th NC for kills, and 6th NC for Outfit points (would have been 3rd if you include my previous OPs from original outfit). I got around but wasn't a forum whore or in a well known outfit so I was generally under the radar. Finally officially unsubbed in July of 08, but didn't play much in the year before that.

Characters

NC
DOUBLEXBAUGH - 66k kills
TheEnf0rcer - 12k
Random alts - 15k

TR
D0UBLEXBAUGH - 28k
Random alts - 16k

VS
TehDXB - 22k
Random alts - 6k
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion