I dont get it, why does everyone hate the coolest looking Empire? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerf the tomato!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-25, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

NC is fully capable of backing up it's threats. as for Vanu and TR, i maintain a quiet respect for my foes until we duel on the field of honor. i shall not underestimate my opponents, nor shall i overestimate my allies. this is my way, the way of the free, the proud, the honorable.

(dang i feel poetic now...)
Old 2003-03-25, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
The Eternal
Sergeant

Green? Its Dark Purple and Teal/Cyan

Old 2003-03-25, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Just so you know (in case you don't know how reasonable etc I am) all of my mindlessly biased statements are written firmly tongue-in-cheek. I have decided to like the Vanu and no one else, and that's that, because I have never been a zealot before and it looks so FUN.

That said -- genetic alterations are the future, bitch. Your breed of weak-kneed pansies are the same kind that was against the creation of the condom, or breast implants, or plastic surgery, or genetically engineered foods. Get out the way, weak-kneed crackers -- genetic alterations are what make us stronger, better, and damn it all -- cooler.

Keep riding that horse-drawn plow, Ezekiel. (Or as we like to call him, 'Eazy E'). Keep building up your armies of heavy steel and composites and clumsy titanium, and gears and foolish combustion engines. When the Vanu come full circle, such things will be as effective as the Great Trench was for the French in halting the German onslaught at the onset of World War 2. We will have leapfrogged lesser 'men' to such an extent that you will be as a lesser, and completely separate, race.

You are afraid of change. We are not.

That is why we will win.
Old 2003-03-25, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by mr_luc
The redneck analogy works fine for the TR, except that in real life rednecks are considerably more fun. The TR are like the anal, gun-nut empire -- they're dangerous, and heavily armed, and all they talk about are their guns and blah blah PSI blah blah foot per second blah blah hand-milled 20-grain powder, and they go to gun shows, and they're very serious about supporting their President, and going hunting, and polishing their guns in a homoerotic manner.

The Vanu are fast and our vehicles can strafe, and every Vanu-specific equivelent to any weapon has some kind of unorthodox-but-effective advantage.
Lancer = fast projectile rocket launcher
Lasher = rapid-fire shotgun without diminished strength at long-range
Pulsar = near-zero recoil machinegun
And we don't need to carry seperate AP ammo.
And anyone who doesn't want to join Vanu because we're purple (which is purely for taunting purposes) only has to get strong enough, then they're teal.
Old 2003-03-25, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by mr_luc
When the Vanu come full circle, such things will be as effective as the Great Trench was for the French in halting the German onslaught at the onset of World War 2.
And the Maginot Line?
Old 2003-03-25, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
MooKoo
Sergeant

i like how the vanu look reminds me kind of halo and if you don't like lasers then don't pick up our weapon both kinds of guns have their advantages
Old 2003-03-25, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Manly men these days wear purple? Yeah, the men at gay bars. And the geeks are the ones that like the Vanu. I bet all these Vanu fans also like StarTrek, the Sci-fi channel, and stuff like that. I think their weapons, armor, vehicles, etc. are just too typical for the modern geek.
Old 2003-03-25, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by NeoTassadar
And the Maginot Line?

ARGH yes that's it, I was thinking Mersenne for some reason, and I knew that wasn't right lol.

The Great Trench was something totally different . . . a proposed French waterway project of the early 1900s/late 1800s.
Old 2003-03-25, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
BeoWulf
Private

That might all be true, but it is all down graded in fire so it would take more fire power to destroy less targets and so forth, so when you think about it their strength is deminished by their weakness, as along with every other force. So I really think its going to be all about whos on which side, how many are on each side, and how well the stragies are inorder to conquer the planet.

Old 2003-03-25, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by |3e0_Wu|f
That might all be true, but it is all down graded in fire so it would take more fire power to destroy less targets and so forth, so when you think about it their strength is deminished by their weakness, as along with every other force. So I really think its going to be all about whos on which side, how many are on each side, and how well the stragies are inorder to conquer the planet.
stfu reality.

I == zealot; // don't try to take that away from me bitch!
Old 2003-03-25, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
BeoWulf
Private

Originally posted by NeoTassadar

The Vanu are fast and our vehicles can strafe, and every Vanu-specific equivelent to any weapon has some kind of unorthodox-but-effective advantage.
Lancer = fast projectile rocket launcher
Lasher = rapid-fire shotgun without diminished strength at long-range
Pulsar = near-zero recoil machinegun
And we don't need to carry seperate AP ammo.
And anyone who doesn't want to join Vanu because we're purple (which is purely for taunting purposes) only has to get strong enough, then they're teal.
this is what i was using for my last post...

Old 2003-03-25, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
SpacemanSpiff
First Sergeant

I'm a TR nut, but still can't argue with the Vanu's fighting potential. After all, they took 2 continents in the most recent beta journal. TR scored 1 continent - while the New Cubscouts of Auraxis scored 0. Of course, this doesn't set anything in stone as far as balance issues... not yet anyway.
Old 2003-03-25, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

New Cubscouts.

I like that. I think that's grounds for a photoshop right there.
Old 2003-03-25, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
SpacemanSpiff
First Sergeant

Considering the colors are prrrrrfect.
Old 2003-03-25, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
tmax
Master Sergeant

people hate them cuz there purple.....worst color ever
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion