Implants on PTS - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Close, but no Hamma...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-04-26, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: Implants on PTS


Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Err, what is a 'drop' can anyone explain?

ta
A random chance to get free stuff (such as implants). If you killed 30 Orcs in World of Warcraft and only 10 dropped the Orc tongues that you need for the quest, those tongues are the 'drops' and there's a 0.33% drop rate (1 in 3 Orcs will drop a tongue).
__________________

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
bpostal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
KesTro
Second Lieutenant
 
KesTro's Avatar
 
Re: Implants on PTS


Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
A random chance to get free stuff (such as implants). If you killed 30 Orcs in World of Warcraft and only 10 dropped the Orc tongues that you need for the quest, those tongues are the 'drops' and there's a 0.33% drop rate (1 in 3 Orcs will drop a tongue).
Give me your tongue, Terran.

I'm coming for it.
__________________

KesTro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vanir
Staff Sergeant
 
Vanir's Avatar
 
Re: Implants on PTS


Can anyone explain what Hold breath dose exactly? There is no drowning in the game so why do you need to hold breath?
__________________


Vanir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Cruciall
Private
 
Re: Implants on PTS


some scopes in this game sway, sniper and INRV. you can press shift to hold your breath and this will prevent them from moving for a short time.
Cruciall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
synkrotron
First Sergeant
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: Implants on PTS


I'm going to be selfish here and say that I hope Implants never go live.

For me, who does not want to get into RPG style elements, it means I will be slightly disadvantaged by now bothering with Implants.

I find it hard enough as it is getting my head around the current elements of the game, like learning how to optimise your loadouts for a given situation...

But, as I said, that's me being selfish.
__________________
synkrotron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
ringring
Contributor
General
 
Re: Implants on PTS


On the one hand we had implants in PS1 so I'm used to the idea.

The bit about them being consumable also doesn't scare me, after all this is a game where you never stop gaining certs, so I suppose it won't hurt me at all. But, new players often have a bit of tro0uble getting enough certs as it is. I'm thinking it will hurt for them.

The crafting bit is a bit stupid. I never could be bothered with crafting. Boring.

And this random chance stuff. I don't know how it will happen but to me it sounds naff.
__________________
ringring is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: Implants on PTS


Originally Posted by ringring View Post
On the one hand we had implants in PS1 so I'm used to the idea.

The bit about them being consumable also doesn't scare me, after all this is a game where you never stop gaining certs, so I suppose it won't hurt me at all. But, new players often have a bit of tro0uble getting enough certs as it is. I'm thinking it will hurt for them.

The crafting bit is a bit stupid. I never could be bothered with crafting. Boring.

And this random chance stuff. I don't know how it will happen but to me it sounds naff.
To me, increasing any disparity between newer players and established players is my major concern with the implant system. We, as players, are going to have to test the absolute piss out of this once they get it (in it's entirety) in place on the PTS.
__________________

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
bpostal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major
 
Re: Implants on PTS


Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I'm going to be selfish here and say that I hope Implants never go live.

For me, who does not want to get into RPG style elements, it means I will be slightly disadvantaged by now bothering with Implants.

I find it hard enough as it is getting my head around the current elements of the game, like learning how to optimise your loadouts for a given situation...

But, as I said, that's me being selfish.
I'm assuming you use a gun. I'm assuming you've upgraded that gun with various attachments, and have upgraded your class with various class sidegrades. I'm assuming you've purchased those attachments and sidegrades with certifications, which, I'm assuming you've accrued via gaining experience.

If all of those assumptions are true, you're already balls deep in the games "RPG elements".
__________________


BlaxicanX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant
 
PurpleOtter's Avatar
 
Re: Implants on PTS


I really detest the fact that some of the implants will be class specific and or not usable by specific classes. Currently, you can't equip implants on the MAX loadout screen on the PTS.
__________________

Cry Havoc! ..and let slip the Mustelids of War
PurpleOtter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major
 
Re: Implants on PTS


Why do you detest that? It encourages classes having specific roles.
__________________


BlaxicanX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
synkrotron
First Sergeant
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: Implants on PTS


Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
If all of those assumptions are true, you're already balls deep in the games "RPG elements".

Well... you've got me there dood, although, as I've said, I do find loadouts and whathaveyou a PITA too. Even after 578 hours of play and earning some 30,000 Certs my loadouts are somewhat simple, in my opinion anyway.
__________________
synkrotron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Vanir
Staff Sergeant
 
Vanir's Avatar
 
Re: Implants on PTS


I love Awareness! Too many times in this game I get killed because I start taking damage and I have no idea where I am getting shot from and I end up dying without having a chance to at least shoot back, it is quite frustrating. This solves this issue! Cloakers should not have a problem with being spotted as all they have to do is cloak and they are no longer spotted.
__________________



Last edited by Vanir; 2014-04-28 at 06:34 PM.
Vanir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant
 
Dougnifico's Avatar
 
Re: Implants on PTS


I'm just very apprehensive about the whole energy system. I understand SOE needs a good cash sink, I'm just very nervous about it. It all depends on the drop system. If you can get energy with relative ease, then fine. The implant packs are a cheap cash in, but apparently PS2 needs it. They'll be slightly pay to win for a couple months, but then everyone else will catch up. Its just the energy system. $5 for 10 hours of energy on a tier 3 makes me a bit nervous.
__________________
Azzzz sucks!
Dougnifico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
ZephyrBurst
Private
 
ZephyrBurst's Avatar
 
Re: Implants on PTS


I can't get on the test server, does anyone know if Awareness spots for everyone around you like the normal spotting rules, or does it only spot for the user with Awareness. I've got no issue if Awareness is user only, but the description is vague.
__________________
Just some sniper that sucks.
ZephyrBurst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Mordelicius
Major
 
Mordelicius's Avatar
 
Re: Implants on PTS


Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
I love Awareness! Too many times in this game I get killed because I start taking damage and I have no idea where I am getting shot from and I end up dying without having a chance to at least shoot back, it is quite frustrating. This solves this issue! Cloakers should not have a problem with being spotted as all they have to do is cloak and they are no longer spotted.
Imo, the best way to fix sniper advantage is to remove their stealth capability. Stealthing is for infiltrating, not for sniping. Their ability is stacked, having two advantages:

- Range
- Selective visibility (cloaking)

Range is good enough advantage over normal guns. Ability to cloak on top of that is overkill. Hence, remove the stealth ability for players equipped with sniper rifles. And leave the stealth ability to the true infiltrators.
Mordelicius is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.