PlanetSide OpCenter - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I am your god! And I demand cheesy sacrifices!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-03-05, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CyberHawke
Contributor
Corporal

PlanetSide OpCenter

Greetings --

I'm sitting here at work on a conference call (*yawn*) and thought it to be a great opportunity to, yet again, plug PlanetSide OpCenter . A lot has been changing as I continue to add new features and functionality. There's more work to do, and I will listen to any reasonable suggestions from the PlanetSide community. Visit OpCenter and register today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OpCenter was developed to be a PlanetSide community tool in which outfits, as well as individual contributors, could organize and schedule assaults - and other PlanetSide related activities - across the world of Auraxis. In using OpCenter, an outfit could schedule a mission of small or large scale; such as a simple patrol mission around the perimeter of an important base, or on a grander scale, the ability to invite the entire affiliated empire for an assault on a continent.

What kind of missions can be planned? Examples:

Assault: Assaults on enemy territory/bases
Patrol: Lookout missions
Special Ops: Surveillance/Infiltration missions
Exploration: Scout/Territory Exploration missions
Defense: Defensive "work" shifts to protect empire sphere-of-influence
Maintenance: Tasks assignment/sign-ups; such as being responsible for base energy supply

Powered by a modified WebCalendar PHP/SQL backend, OpCenter's scheduling system provides each outfit with their own calendar, and keeps all events private to that outfit, unless otherwise specified. For each mission, members of the outfit can "sign up" for the event at the click of a button, and their alias will be added to a running list of attendees.

What OpCenter Is Not
OpCenter is not a resource for technical information regarding the intricacies of the game. OpCenter will not maintain detailed information about the different certifications, weapons, vehicles or implants, for example. There is definitely a plethora of information out there about PlanetSide (like right here at PSU), so PSOC sticks to its function of serving as a mission planner, and leaves the Reporting and Information Gathering to the more experienced Official and Community Sites. OpCenter will, however, maintain a list of valued resource web sites for usage during your planning. Check your Resource Panel on the left upon visiting.

How OpCenter Works
Register for OpCenter Access
Registration is FREE. I have no current plans for advertisements for anything other than affiliated PlanetSide Community Web Sites.

Create A Character
Use the "Add Character" feature to create a data representation of a character that you play on your particular server. You may edit this character's information (everything but the character's name) or delete the character at any time using the Edit Character tool. Currently members are limited to one character-alias.

Create/Join an Outfit
When you first register for OpCenter access, you will be placed into the default OpCenter outfit for your server-empire combination (e.g. US_East_NC, for single players on US_East in the New Conglomerate). If you are an outfit leader, you may use the Create Outfit tool to register your outfit with OpCenter. You will be asked to supply an Outfit Password, which will be required in order for other OpCenter users join your Outfit. The creator of the Outfit may Defer Ownership of the outfit to any other active Outfit member, and additionally is required to do so before joining a different outfit (if there are remaining Outfit members still registered). If you are currently a member of a PlanetSide Outfit, and it is already established in the OpCenter database, you may use the Join Outfit tool to associate your account with the selected Outfit, as long as you know the Outfit Password.

Outfit Rosters
OpCenter strives to give Outfits the best tools possible. Currently OpCenter has a Outfit Roster in place so you can manage your team. We plan to put in additional features and are looking for suggestions on how to make the utility more useful. Drop in to our Forums and post a suggestion.

Browse/Join Operations
This tool is the mainstay of OpCenter. It will display a calendar application, from which OpCenter Registered users may create new, and join existing missions/operations. All operations are only viewable by your outfit (or the default OpCenter outfit if you are not a member of an official outfit).
Outfits may invite any or all other outfits that are on teh same server and play for the same empire.

Additional Feature: Intel Report
When you login to OpCenter, your empire-color-coded name will appear in the top left of the menu system. In between you name and the full OpCenter menu system is a little widget called, "The Intel Report". This displays the currently known number of operations planned for each empire, on your server for this week. If you see 7 missions planned for the Terran Republic and your empire doesn't have anything planned... it might be a good time to cover a base!

Additional Feature Requests
I will entertain any feature ideas the community has. I have a few brewing already with some community sites, but the more the merrier. I will likely post a vote for the good ideas and let democracy prevail; however, if the idea is just obviously the right thing to do, then I will do my best to get the feature implemented.

PlanetSide OpCenter

-- CyberHawke, OpCenter Admin

There are 10 types of people: those that can read binary and those who can't.

Last edited by CyberHawke; 2003-03-05 at 04:42 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion