The Vanu Sovereignty seems out of place. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now 90% more addictive!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-04, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

The Vanu Sovereignty seems out of place.

I never played Planetside 1, but I don't think that disqualifies me from having an opinion on this matter. This is not a post to invoke rage in those loyal to VS, nor is it a post critizising the alternative game mechanics that the VS has.

To me, the Vanu just does not seem like a logical faction. Just based on lore, it does not make sense why the people who formed the VS did not join the NC, since they are clearly not interested in fighting in the first place. Why force yourselves to get an army, when you could safely continue your research behind NC frontlines? Seeing as that's all you really care about. (The lore is really vague on why the NC declared war on the Vanu)

It really doesn't make sense. You could also look at it from the perspective of technology. The Vanu is clearly way ahead of the other factions, but still finds itself evenly matched. This is hardly realistic, unless you assume that the Vanu does not really care about the war. To me they seem like a faction who does not have the same drive based on their fiery moral-standpoint like the other two factions. Instead they seem like a faction who would rather just be left alone, but needs to fight simply because they need to clear the land, so that they can excavate and do their research. A faction needs to have it drive for battle rooted in its belief system, but to the Vanu, the war just seems like an inconvenience.

I know this won't ever get changed, I just felt like saying it. That said, if I was to go back in time and change the Vanu's lore, I would make them religious fanatics instead. When the wormhole closed and people panicked, a part of the TR population began worshipping strange alien artifacts. This would explain why that inspite of having access to this technology, that they are clearly not using it as well as they could, and it would also give them a more convincing reason to fight. Why? They're religious fanatics who want to convert everyone.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion