Werner population - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: why are you looking at these?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-06-30, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Factorfish
Private

Question Werner population

Planning to purchase PS right after my new computer arrives, and before i order PS(not sure about Core Combat) i would like to know a thing:

Does a reasonable ammount of players play on Werner, so that when i login to the game the whole place isnt is empty. Any guesses of approx. average ammount of ppl online on Werner would be nice.

Nothing further i want to know, my new computer is quite high end, so that should not be a problem. And i checked the pings with PSMon, supposing that the server list isnt outdated. Werner had the best ping 60-65, and there also was Konried that had 140-144. Hope this isnt the wrong forum

"Mmm, Terran Republic ftw."
Old 2004-06-30, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Radaeron
Sergeant

werner is always packed.. at GMT primetime (around 6pm until midnight) there is usually a fight mate

but dont be NC 0.o they have average of around 38% population...
Old 2004-06-30, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Factorfish
Private

Talking

Goody! Now im really waiting for my computer, i just hope the setup
team wont take to long. Cant wait to get..."into the exiting world of PS"
So, not NC, that leaves me TR and VS then (duh). As im not quite good at decisions...what empire do you recomend?
Which one of them needs most help atm?

EDIT: Oh, and is Core Combat an essential purchase like, do i miss something without it?

Last edited by Factorfish; 2004-06-30 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2004-07-01, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ACiDiC_SPUNk
Private

I'm also plannin' on poppin' into Planetside later this month once I can afford the subscription! I'd also like to know if Core Combat is needed, although by the sound of it on these forums, no-one likes it! Are the new weapons and vech's only available in areas regular players can't reach, or are they around as a temptation into buying it?

A ping of 60ish doesn't seem too high -- Does Werner experience any lag? Should it ever get quiet (which I really hope it doesn't and isn't) do the American servers have decent connection speeds for us English folk?

I understand that if an army is under-populated it gains bonuses -- are these not working? Or is there a reason one army gets so abandoned?

Finally (although I've prob got alsorts of questions still lurking somewhere in my mind) -- how easy is Planetside to get into? I know it is more skill based than 'experience points' based, so that a high XP player only has more options than a newbie, but are the players too competitive? Does Planetside have it's own 'lingo'? And why is the training so utterly poop?!

I think that is all for now
Old 2004-07-01, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Factorfish
Private

Yeh, 60 isnt high, its actually the preferable ping. Im guessing that if you dont have
CC, you cant access the underground caverns. But i suppose you see the CC vehicles and weapons in the normal areas, but using them is probably not possible without CC.

I have monitored the forums and checked the PS-related sites for a while now.
Somehow just PS seems like my game
Now i just have to wait until the place i ordered the new computer from has all the required components, and it will also take a while for them to build it up and get it sent to me...sick of this waiting

Also waiting for my questions to be answered...

EDIT: Not that it matters, got my sig up, and removed avatar cause the avatar and
the signature didnt match somehow.

Last edited by Factorfish; 2004-07-01 at 04:46 PM.
Old 2004-07-04, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Radaeron
Sergeant

Don't be too worried bout CC.. its fairly crap.
Old 2004-07-04, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Factorfish
Private

Okay, i wont be needing them both then. I may buy it
later, if i can find it very cheap. Now its just to wait for new system arrival...(and to buy PS) *taps fingers*

Old 2004-07-04, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ACiDiC_SPUNk
Private

Wow, I must say this part of the forum is 'happening'. I have great faith in the popularity of the Werner sever...
I would blab about on the offical forums too, but it appears you can't until subscribing to PS -- and by that point I'll most likely be able to answer my own questions!
Old 2004-07-05, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Factorfish
Private

I suppose that a majority of Werners players dont use the PSU forum.
Ordered PS yesterday, so it should arrive some days before i get my new system
and %&#% if the 350W power supply will be a prob, ill just have to
wait and see...

Old 2004-07-05, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Radaeron
Sergeant

most wernerians are spammers, and so the official forums are a great place, hehe..
sooo much spam.

(Play TR.. You know it makes sense!! :P lol)
Old 2004-07-05, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Factorfish
Private

Eww, spam
TR it is then.. =)

Old 2004-07-06, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
sandiman
Private

no way m8 VS, we are the best! NC can kiss my b*lls and TR are just well... TR (with THE lamest maxes in the morld :P) We have maxes that can fly, and our tanks cross water! why are you even thinking of TR!! Join VS and PurpleValor!
Old 2004-07-06, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Factorfish
Private

Originally Posted by sandiman
no way m8 VS, we are the best! NC can kiss my b*lls and TR are just well... TR (with THE lamest maxes in the morld :P) We have maxes that can fly, and our tanks cross water! why are you even thinking of TR!! Join VS and PurpleValor!
Your reply has been noticed, and i will remember it when i make my final decisions
Hmm, but i really would like to join an Empire that reaaally needs more players/help on their side.

Old 2004-07-06, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Radaeron
Sergeant

then its TR...

we use a special CR6 chat comm system so most outfit leaders, squad leaders, platoon leaders and others are well informed of everything..

our outfits are tightly knit because of our dependance on each other (EVO being an exeption.. I don't like them)

TR for teh buff!!! *cabbagepatches without weapon, towards an enemy*
Old 2004-07-07, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Factorfish
Private

Then it will most probably be TR, but i still got time to decide. As my ability to speak english isnt very good(that would be because i live in Finland), i try to avoid teamspeak. Actually i can speak over average quality english, but when i really try to...it gets really screwed up, and sometimes i just say something for fun to my buddy it is perfect. Anyways, TR it probably is then =)

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion